Halo 4's online population will never rise

And I’ll tell you why.

Because Halo is not easy to learn. And ages ago, when MWF and BF games started coming out, those that did not take the time to learn how to play Halo, jumped ship for the aim/spray FPS games where getting a kill requires knuckles–not thumbs.

We went through this with Reach, just as we’re going through it now with Halo 4. But the popularity of this game is not going to jump back up to what it was back when H3 ran the playground alone, no matter what 343 does.

Only hardcore fans remain for the most part. Only those that actually WANT to play Halo, drive ghosts, kill fools with the oddball, or sword (flood) are left.

Now with that said, do I think that Halo 4’s online numbers should be UP compared to Reach’s? Considering the changes that the multiplayer underwent between now and three Novembers ago … absolutely. 343 ran with Reach’s core and simply made the game 100 times easier to learn/play. Now you spawn with power weapons. Now you can die, and still gain ordnance/power weapons. Now you don’t have to learn to time power weapon spawns on maps to obtain them. And remember that DMR that you struggled with in Reach? Now you don’t even have to be good at aiming the thing to kill with it … lol

Whoops, I got carried away. So let’s go back to the part about the changes that multiplayer underwent after Reach, and how this should have boosted the population and brought in some fresh cannon fodder for us old school Spartans who’ve been here since the beginning …

Here’s a fact: there has been no drastic increase in population between games (Reach, Halo 4).

And with that fact in mind, we’re left to realize that it’s just us, the hardcore fans who are left, and that’s all it’s ever going to be. Straight up, 343 just noobed the ever living crap out of this game in an attempt to drag some CoD and BF junkies on over into our arena, and it failed miserably. Nobody came. The experiment was a bust.

So, what’s the deal 343? Can we have Halo back now?

waves in direction of 343

Yes i’d like halo 4 now please… the real one.

You heard him 343 , carry on and halo 5 will be called ghost town !

> You heard him 343 , carry on and halo 5 will be called ghost town !

lol

Halo 5: Ghost Planet

Week by week,it’s population is slightly decreasing.It is not even 100K right know which is pathetic for a brand new Halo…I mean Call of Halo…

> Week by week,it’s population is slightly decreasing.It is not even 100K right know which is pathetic for a brand new Halo…I mean Call of Halo…

A lot of us have gone back to past titles. There is no variety in halo 4.

Actually I think the population of Halo 4 is lower than Reach was when it was the new Halo out. Halo 4 population will continue to drop.

How long do you think im going to get along with you, when your gone. You took me for everything that I had and kicked me out on my own. Are you happy, are you satisfied. How long can you stand the heat.

Halo is NOT a hard game to learn at all. Just because it’s the hardest console shooting on the xbox doesn’t make it some competitive esport game you guys make it out to be. REAL competitive games make halo look like a joke halo is meant to be played for fun like it always has been with vehicles and other fun custom games. Just because the average joe doesn’t want to put in a couple hours to figure out the simple game that is halo (shoot, grenades, melee, look towards the opposite side of map for respawn) doesnt mean the number wont increase. Halo 4’s numbers may not increase but QUOTE ME on this Halo 5 will still be very successful because no matter how much crap you guys talk on this game you will still buy the next halo game.

Battlefield doesn’t require time to learn how to play… lolwut. Heck, even post-MW CoD has a teeny learning curve.

> waves in direction of 343
>
> Yes i’d like halo 4 now please… the real one.

you already bought the real one. So if you would like halo 4 please, then put the disc in and quite whinning

You guys population posts dont really mean squat. It’s still the #2 played game on xbox live. It takes me all of under a minute to find a match.

im not going to buy halo 5 : ghost planet

Is this state the obvious day or something?

Of course it won’t rise however once the specs are released to everyone I’m sure there will be a slight rise when euro players are on.

That is beside the point tho. Games like Aliens that are due for release soon will drain population even further and lets not forget that Grand Theft Auto 5 is coming soon too.

If anyone thinks that the population is going to improve then those people are very sadly deluded. Things will steadily drop until GTA hammers home the final few nails into halo 4’s coffin.

However lets not despair, Halo is now an annual release right? Surely next one will be better… "/

Halo was originally known for simplifying the FPS genre and being able to work on consoles.

Halo isn’t that hard to learn. Right Trigger shoots, Left Trigger grenades, Left stick to move, Right stick to aim.

Yes…it will be ghost town. You know…2nd best selling game of the year, 7 million units moved in 2 months. Game of the year awards all over, best graphics, bes tmultiplayer…TERRIBLE GAME!

GHOST TOWN I SAY!

> Battlefield doesn’t require time to learn how to play… lolwut. Heck, even post-MW CoD has a teeny learning curve.

lol, who was implying that either of these games had a learning curve at all?

343 is obviously having trouble gaining new fans and they’re losing a lot of people who have played Halo since the beginning.

> Yes…it will be ghost town. You know…2nd best selling game of the year, 7 million units moved in 2 months. Game of the year awards all over, best graphics, bes tmultiplayer…TERRIBLE GAME!
>
> GHOST TOWN I SAY!

7 million units sold.

Has under 100k daily peak.

lol

> Yes…it will be ghost town. You know…2nd best selling game of the year, 7 million units moved in 2 months. Game of the year awards all over, best graphics, bes tmultiplayer…TERRIBLE GAME!
>
> GHOST TOWN I SAY!

VGA really doesn’t mean much if you consider the games that actually get awarded. Even ME3 got awards.

What 343 did was seriously put their loyal fanbase (the ones who actually stuck it out through Reach, which everyone agrees was a wreck) to the test with this new multiplayer in an attempt to lure some CoD kids online.

Watching the online numbers fall, it’s clear that two things have happened as a result:

1. the loyal fanbase is being driven away

2. no mass amounts of CoD kids are even bothering with this mess of a FPS

Halo 5 must get back to the basics that everyone enjoyed … forget this failed attempt at a hybrid FPS that nobody, neither Halo nor CoD fan, can happily identify with.