Halo 4's next TU: What we need

As many of you are already aware of 343 have already released their 1 Halo 4 TU. This TU consisted of many bug and glitch fixes across the board. Stated in the same article, they say that the next TU will focus more on Sandbox tweaks and balancing.

So what should be under this TU? The answer’s are here:

1. Weapons:

The majority of weapons in Halo 4 are well balanced. However, there are some which are so over-powered is quite silly. Of course the first weapon is the DMR. In terms of damage it’s fine but it has a very high rate of fire which for a rifle as accurate as that, kinda destroys long range combat since a player can be destroyed in seconds. I propose that 343 lower the RoF for the DMR in War Games and perhaps increase it’s bloom slightly. The next weapon on the list is the Bolt Shot. In campaign and Spartan Ops it’s a very fun gun to use., But in War Games it is simply too OP to use. The range on this gun is simply ridiculous and it is capable of a 1-hit kill, If this game wan’t to be competitive (and I know we all want it to be) then why have such a weapon available at the start. Lower it’s range drastically and perhaps lower the damage as well. The last weapon is a simple fix, Increase the Carbines damage so that it’#s a 7-hit kill. It seems even though I get the first 2 shots in, a player using the BR will always defeat me, even if I am aiming for the head.

2. Bullet Magnetism:

While it’s good for new players, it’s just too n00b friendly for Halo. Don’t get me wrong, Having new gamers play Halo for the first time is a fantastic thing! But not when they are able to kill with the DMR/Sniper’s all the time. I knew something was wrong the second I became good with the Sniper Rifle :P. Halo has always had the factor of being able to master the weapon you pick up, So a beginner will always have to practice with the Sniper. Now it seems anyone can pick it up and be guaranteed to get at least 4 head shots with it.

3. Custom Games:

While it is not part of the ‘Sandbox’, The options for Custom Games are greatly limited than in previous Halo titles. I could direct you in the direction of the many posts relating to this issue but then again it’s easy to see that the options are not nearly as ‘custom’ as Reach.

4. Playlists:

Yet again, not a Sandbox element, but this needs a change. I can understand rotational play-lists but some playlists just need to be in Halo. SWAT for instance in perhaps one of the highest preforming playlists in Halo 4. Why don’t you just make it permanent? Big Team Objective? Race? Team Doubles? Actions Sack? Grifball? Where have they all gone? Why is the normal FFA playlist replaced with Regicide? Why don’t you just remove Regicide, add in a FFA playlist and put Regicide as a game type in that? So any questions and yet I fear they shall not be answered.

5. Ordinance Drops:

I personally like the idea of ordinance drops. But let’s face it, it’s kinda broken right now. Let’s say that you are playing BTB Slayer. You get 2 double kills, 1 assassination and 3 head shots, you are rewarded with 2 pulse nades, A needler and a speed boost. And yet that guy on the enemy team shall get nothing but assist and get rewarded with a Binary Rifle. How does this equal fair? And if that’s not your cup of tea then you can always lower the chances of getting more powerful weapons. BTB has become nothing more than a Clusterf**k of power weapons.

This last point I shall make is not to do with the next TU, but more of a plea from the majority of the community. With the introduction of the CSR in Halo 4, I simply ask this; Make it visible in game. It doesn’t necessarily have to be on our Gamer tag’s, it can be on our service records. Just make it so we won’t have to go all the way to the Way-point app on Xbox or the Way-point website to see it. This is not a factor I really care much about but it’s obvious to see that the rest of the community care about this dearly.

I ask these things, not a a player with my Nostalgia goggles on too tight, but as a Halo fan, As a player who has played every Halo game and loved every single one of them. I at the very least hope that these prayers are answered. Feel free to add your own ideas to this list.

Toddle Pip fellow Spartan, I’m off to make a cup of Tea.

What I want in the next TU are Dominion changes. I know Dominion doesn’t have the largest population…But it’s my favorite playlist. I would like a change in the ordinances so that Rockets don’t appear all the time on Longbow and Exile and that Covenant Ordinances actually appear. Also that annoying effect where after you capture a base you can’t move.

> What I want in the next TU are Dominion changes. I know Dominion doesn’t have the largest population…But it’s my favorite playlist. I would like a change in the ordinances so that Rockets don’t appear all the time on Longbow and Exile and that Covenant Ordinances actually appear. Also that annoying effect where after you capture a base you can’t move.

Also this.

i just want a normal slayer 4v4 playlist with no instant spawns, or ordinance.

:frowning: why didnt we have this on launch

> i just want a normal slayer 4v4 playlist with no instant spawns, or ordinance.
>
> :frowning: why didnt we have this on launch

I honestly don’t know. I would of been nice to have classic playlist that was actually ‘classic’.