Halo 4s multiplayer covenant carabine

Hello,

I’ve been using the covenant carabine on the multiplayer and personally I noted its inferior to the UNSC carabines. I also haven’t seen much people using it, which backs up my opinion.

However, I guess this carabine must have something better to the UNSCs carabines, if so:

What is it? And how can I use it best?

Thank you very much.

carabine?

UNSC Carabine?

/troll

Despite your attitude:

Anything to say about it?

The Covie Carbine is under powered compared to the DMR and BR. I think there is a fix coming to buff it.

it needs a buff, and the DMR needs a slight nerf.

The Carbine takes more shots to kill your enemy, but it’s rate of fire is easily the best out of all the guns so if you’ve got a quick trigger finger and are accurate enough to pull of consistent headshots, the Carbine is a great choice.

> The Carbine takes more shots to kill your enemy, but it’s rate of fire is easily the best out of all the guns so if you’ve got a quick trigger finger and are accurate enough to pull of consistent headshots, the Carbine is a great choice.

The Covenant Carbine being underpowered should be a given. I don’t see a logical argument for how it is balanced. I also notice that its aim assist is almost non-existent where on the weapons like the DMR it is so powerful that I’ll be about to land a killing headshot on an opponent, but the player’s teammates will quick walk in front of him/her and my reticule starts to follow that player instead of staying on the head of the first opponent . . . who then manages to get to cover.

By UNSC carbines, I assume you mean the ONLY UNSC weapon in the game, the DMR? Seriously, it is the only weapon you can use and have a chance at winning.

I wish they would buff it so I can watch all the crybabies whine about it next to the DMR and the Boltshot. Hilarious. The Carbine is such a magnificent beast in rapid fire.

It needs to be buffed up.

Covenant Carbine has the second fastest kill time of all the starter weapons. Highest belong to the Assault Rifle.

The reason the Carbine feels so inferior is because it has less bullet magnetism than UNSC weapons. This requires you to be able to aim much better with the Carbine to achieved the kill times it can achieve.

Thank you for the replies, much appreciate it.

> The Carbine takes more shots to kill your enemy, but it’s rate of fire is easily the best out of all the guns so if you’ve got a quick trigger finger and are accurate enough to pull of consistent headshots, the Carbine is a great choice.

Its just that I have the feeling that if the enemy I m fighting with have the same skills with a DMR or BR, he will win(fire on the same time, miss no shots etc).

I maybe wrong, but its really the feeling I have, each time I have win some one with this weapon, either he start attacking later, miss a shot or something similar happens. And I mean when I had fire the fastest I can and missing no head shots when encountering a DMR or BR. When I have louse, is being basically when ever the enemy did the same with his/hers weapon.

I also have the feeling the covenant carabine removes the shields faster, but that may be my imagination.

I don’t get why everybody says it needs to be buffed up, it’s perfectly balanced the way it is. What it lacks in firepower, it makes up for in rate of fire.

Honestly I hate saying stuff like this but the only people saying it needs a buff just aren’t good enough with it to use it properly.

> Covenant Carbine has the second fastest kill time of all the starter weapons. Highest belong to the Assault Rifle.
>
> The reason the Carbine feels so inferior is because it has less bullet magnetism than UNSC weapons. This requires you to be able to aim much better with the Carbine to achieved the kill times it can achieve.

I see, so you may miss the shot and don’t even noted it. Making memory I think you may miss a shot, but hit the next “bullet” and look like you didn’t miss a shot at all.

Thank you very much.

Also, sorry for haven’t consider this earlier.

> > Covenant Carbine has the second fastest kill time of all the starter weapons. Highest belong to the Assault Rifle.
> >
> > The reason the Carbine feels so inferior is because it has less bullet magnetism than UNSC weapons. This requires you to be able to aim much better with the Carbine to achieved the kill times it can achieve.
>
> I see, so you may miss the shot and don’t even noted it. Making memory I think you may miss a shot, but hit the next “bullet” and look like you didn’t miss a shot at all.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Also, sorry for haven’t consider this earlier.

No, it doesn’t work that way.

It has a high RoF but that is just an aspect about the gun. The DMR still kills faster, has more autoaim, has more range, and has more ammo.

It is still underpowered.

I use it all the time just for fun. However, if I ever entered a tournament or i really wanted to win, I would switch to the DMR because it is more powerful in every way than all the other starters.

> > > Covenant Carbine has the second fastest kill time of all the starter weapons. Highest belong to the Assault Rifle.
> > >
> > > The reason the Carbine feels so inferior is because it has less bullet magnetism than UNSC weapons. This requires you to be able to aim much better with the Carbine to achieved the kill times it can achieve.
> >
> > I see, so you may miss the shot and don’t even noted it. Making memory I think you may miss a shot, but hit the next “bullet” and look like you didn’t miss a shot at all.
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> >
> > Also, sorry for haven’t consider this earlier.
>
> No, it doesn’t work that way.
>
> It has a high RoF but that is just an aspect about the gun. The DMR still kills faster, has more autoaim, has more range, and has more ammo.
>
> It is still underpowered.
>
> I use it all the time just for fun. However, if I ever entered a tournament or i really wanted to win, I would switch to the DMR because it is more powerful in every way than all the other starters.

In the perfect experiment, the DMR at one target, the Carbine at another, all shots hit on with both weapons, the Carbine kills quicker.

Carbine kills in 1.66 seconds.
DRM kills in 1.92 seconds.
Battle Rifle kills in 1.75.

The gross amount of magnetism the DMR has makes it over all more effective, even with tis slower kill time.

> No, it doesn’t work that way.
>
> It has a high RoF but that is just an aspect about the gun. The DMR still kills faster, has more autoaim, has more range, and has more ammo.
>
> It is still underpowered.
>
> I use it all the time just for fun. However, if I ever entered a tournament or i really wanted to win, I would switch to the DMR because it is more powerful in every way than all the other starters.

Well,

I havent play enough with it to go one side or another. I guess testing it more will be the best for me. However, the DMR has a minus, and its that if you miss a shot, you’re lousing more than with the Covenant carabine or BR, because of its low rate of fire.

If the covenant carabine is’t like robborboy describes, it should be that way.

> > > > Covenant Carbine has the second fastest kill time of all the starter weapons. Highest belong to the Assault Rifle.
> > > >
> > > > The reason the Carbine feels so inferior is because it has less bullet magnetism than UNSC weapons. This requires you to be able to aim much better with the Carbine to achieved the kill times it can achieve.
> > >
> > > I see, so you may miss the shot and don’t even noted it. Making memory I think you may miss a shot, but hit the next “bullet” and look like you didn’t miss a shot at all.
> > >
> > > Thank you very much.
> > >
> > > Also, sorry for haven’t consider this earlier.
> >
> > No, it doesn’t work that way.
> >
> > It has a high RoF but that is just an aspect about the gun. The DMR still kills faster, has more autoaim, has more range, and has more ammo.
> >
> > It is still underpowered.
> >
> > I use it all the time just for fun. However, if I ever entered a tournament or i really wanted to win, I would switch to the DMR because it is more powerful in every way than all the other starters.
>
> In the perfect experiment, the DMR at one target, the Carbine at another, all shots hit on with both weapons, the Carbine kills quicker.
>
> Carbine kills in 1.66 seconds.
> DRM kills in 1.92 seconds.
> Battle Rifle kills in 1.75.
>
> The gross amount of magnetism the DMR has makes it over all more effective, even with tis slower kill time.

Um…I don’t know where you got your facts but the DMR killtime is 1.4s, not 1.92. If you are referring to that other player’s thread, his information is off about the DMR.

If the DMR actually killed in 1.92 seconds, nobody would be complaining.

As far as I can tell, the Carbine is the fastest kill time weapon, but has way too little accuracy compared even to the BR. What I would suggest they do is reduce it’s spread, but give it a mild recoil similar to the Carbine in ODST. Or the Halo 4 BR.

The damage is fine, it just needs to be consistent for skilled players.

Also the DMR needs a nerf.