Halo 4's Metacritic Score is lower than:

So I accidentally opened up the Halo 4 Metacritic page, and what I saw kind of made me laugh a little.

Is anyone surprised that Halo 4’s Metacritic score is LOWER than Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: MW, MW2, MW3, AND Black Ops?

I expected Halo 4 to at least be on par with MW2 and CoD4, but to get lower critical acclaim than all but one of the next gen Call of Duties (Call of Duty 3)?? Yikes…

Link: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-4

EGM is a CoD fanboy who rated it 7/10 because it didn’t have enough CoD elements, and the 1/5 review talks about the mammoth for the most part.

Those 2 brought the score back 3 points.

I don’t consider the metacritic score valid because of them.

And the only reason this matters is because it give a bad impression on the ones that base everything off of reviews, the only reviewer that really matters is you.

And…?

Metacritic doesn’t decide how good I think the game is for me. Same with pre-orders. Its a nice bonus if it takes top place, but hardly a main concern or issue if it doesn’t.

And I’ve heard there were a couple pretty bad reviews, like being biased and bashing it for not having iron sights, which are canonically and gameplay-wise unneeded.

Lowest Metacritic rating the series… maybe it’s the worst game.

Well this isn’t just one source. It’s every critic bunched into one average.

> Lowest Metacritic rating the series… maybe it’s the worst game.

Oh my god it got two points less than the previous Halos! This is the worst game ever!

since when did anyone pay attention to metacritic, nice enough idea but to easy to abuse by idiots who don’t even have the games they rate.

> Well this isn’t just one source. It’s every critic bunched into one average.

Yes, but EGM started a trend of giving the game a bad score and horribly written review to make flaming Halo fans visit their site and feed them ad money.

Disregard the number value given to the game, and look at the hard facts;

Positive: 60 out of 63
Mixed: 2 out of 63
Negative: 1 out of 63

Also, don’t let some site dictate whether or not the game is good, Decide for yourself.

@Breakfast Menu

But thats partially where the problems are. If one critic makes a bad review, like bashing it for not being CoD, then it reflects to the overall score.

Metacritic needs an option to only show “Top Critics” to filter out the garbage baiting reviews. And yes EGM defines that.

Dont even know what Metacritic is so I could care less, HALO 4 will be EPIC bet the house on it.

> Metacritic needs an option to only show “Top Critics” to filter out the garbage baiting reviews. And yes EGM defines that.

You can’t just throw away a reviewer’s opinion. EGM is an official review site. Their opinion falls into the “Top Critics”. Just because they don’t praise a game means that they suck.

No -Yoinks!- were given about their review.

> No -Yoinks!- were given about their review.

Metacritic isn’t a reviewer. They collect everyone’s review and average them out into one score.

Giving it 7/10 for no iron sights is whatever… fanboys will cry i guess

But that 2/10 is what killed it and that was an uncalled for and completely dumb review

> > Metacritic needs an option to only show “Top Critics” to filter out the garbage baiting reviews. And yes EGM defines that.
>
> You can’t just throw away a reviewer’s opinion. EGM is an official review site. Their opinion falls into the “Top Critics”. Just because they don’t praise a game means that they suck.

They do this all the time. They are losing a lot of money and make bad reviews to get people to go to their website and make ad revenue off them. EGM is pretty much irrelevant these days.

> > Metacritic needs an option to only show “Top Critics” to filter out the garbage baiting reviews. And yes EGM defines that.
>
> You can’t just throw away a reviewer’s opinion. EGM is an official review site. Their opinion falls into the “Top Critics”. Just because they don’t praise a game means that they suck.

The reviewer essentially said in his review and in his response that Halo should’ve given up every gameplay feature that made it popular and become Call of Duty: In Space. Funny how he said that Halo fans were afraid of change, yet he wants Halo 4 to be the same as every other FPS on the market.

It’s pretty stupid how they include reviews from sites like the ones that are lowering it’s average score. I’ve heard that it’s the best Halo since Halo 2!

It deserves a better score.But well,Nothing we can do about it. I just think its sad that someone gave halo 4 a 2/10 o.o Why do metacritics accept reviews like that? And i am not saying that its wrong to think halo 4 is bad,But 2/10? Thats a extremly low score. I dont think any of the “Big” games today deserves that score.