Halo 4's Jetpack

I encourage you all to have a moment of silence to commemorate Halo 5’s wonderful lack of a Jetpack like Halo 4’s. No more jerk-faces using lifts to propel themselves hundreds of feet into the air within a second! No more broken map dynamics due to lack of cover against Jetpackers raining down inescapable Needler fire! Rejoice! Rejoice, for the mental anguish is no more! <3 ; )

While I can appreciate the lack of jet pack in arena, I still think it would be pretty fun to have in custom games.

Why make this post 2+ years after the games launch? Why single out Halo 4 when Reach also had it? Also, i kind of miss the jetpack.

I’m thankful it’s been removed. It’s only breaked the map dynamics and stuff and the OP said. Uncaged in Reach is a Jet-pack fest. It’s either Jet-pack or constant death.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> While I can appreciate the lack of jet pack in arena, I still think it would be pretty fun to have in custom games.

Honestly that wouldn’t be a bad idea. I wouldn’t mind it in some kind of Action Sack gametype.

> 2533274816299345;3:
> Why make this post 2+ years after the games launch? Why single out Halo 4 when Reach also had it? Also, i kind of miss the jetpack.

This is a forum for socializing, and I will talk about whatever aspect of the game I want to, regardless of when the game launched. Why are you on the forums? Did you know there’s a section for all the previous games? Should people not talk about those games? Guess what? I’m gonna take a moment of silence to commemorate the return of Halo 1’s M6D Magnum too. : P

I singled out Halo 4 because I was just playing it and getting tired of jetpack players on Haven. Also, I want to forget about Reach because massively excessive reticle/accuracy bloom was a giant stain over every part of that game. The story was great, the game modes and maps were great, but the gun-play was sooo frustrating. There’s a reason MLG dropped Halo when Reach was out - it was frustratingly random and bittersweet. It doesn’t make any sense. You only need to give a weapon a certain amount of accuracy inherent to the gun itself, aka "bullet spread, plus recoil to simulate the accuracy of the in-game character holding the gun. There is no reason to place an increasingly huge bloom system on top of standard bullet spread and recoil. Seriously, if there was a Zero Bloom version of the Campaign and ZB Multiplayer was the standard, I would rate Reach #2 campaign in the whole series (behind Halo 1), and number 2 for muliplayer (Behind Halo 5)…but I can’t and it makes me just wanna forget Reach. You have no idea how happy Halo 4 and 5 have made me feel. So much fun having reliable precision weapons.

> 2533275025201986;5:
> This is a forum for socializing, and I will talk about whatever aspect of the game I want to, regardless of when the game launched.

I was just asking a question out of curiosity. Didnt mean any offense.

> 2533275025201986;5:
> I’m gonna take a moment of silence to commemorate the return of Halo 1’s M6D Magnum too. : P

Thats in Halo 5 and its glorious.

> 2533275025201986;5:
> I singled out Halo 4 because I was just playing it and getting tired of jetpack players on Haven.

Thank you.

Reach’s jetpack was worse, but I liked using it in FFA.

Halo 4s jetpack was crap compared to Reach, I never seen anyone even use it in MP becuase it gives you barely any height. I will say I have mixed feelings on it, sure it did some bad stuff but at the same time it was fun to fly around on certain maps Reach had for btb. I would say its one of those love hate relationships that the jetpack has on its record.

Not afraid to admit I kinda miss the jet pack. What they should have done is instead of making “armor abilities” is made stuff like that as a limited use map pick up. Essentially just expand on Halo 3 equipment pick ups.

Actually I miss the Jetpack AA. Halo 4 loadouts were awsome, however, I prefer Halo Reach’s Jetpack because it lasted longer.

I don’t mind Arena In Halo 5 but I prefer the BTB from Halo 4. Loadouts and AAs are awsome in Infinity Slayer.

I hope Halo 6 utilizes Halo 5 style for 4v4 but Halo 4 style for 6v6 or 8v8.

I wouldn’t like it in arena, warzone etc could be coo. It would help to skyjack an airborne vehicles!

Amen!

I quite liked the jetpack. Never really used it but it made for some interesting fights. As you said in halo 4 people that had a needler and a jetpack would rain death but I never suffered from that because I used the shield. Tbh i rarely ever saw needlers being used.

The jetpack offered faster elevation and many maps (especially in reach) it often helped greatly having a jetpack, allowing you flank from the sky’s.

In reach I’ve never seen anyone use the jetpack in any meaningful way, the same can be said for halo 4. people just boost in to the air and I take out my br/dmr and absolutely destroy them while they try to get away. they’ve never once been a problem for me. Maybe I’m lucky