Halo 4's graphics will destroy all other console game graphics

343 knows they need better graphics for halo 4 and they will squeeze all the power that is left in the 360. Halo 4 will most likely have graphics similar to Crysis 2 on pc, just running at 720p resolution. Halo 4 will make all other console games like GEars 3 or Uncharted 3 look terrible by comparison.

So 343, bring on those Crysis 2 pc-style graphics I can’t wait.

Dear God, no!

How about we make sure the game doesn’t have massive framerate issues and forget about squeezing out graphics that, no matter what, will look like crap on the 7 year old hardware of the 360.

I don’t think they can get much better than Reach. Reach is already pushing the Xbox to its limits, I experience constant framerate drops which is extremely annoying.

> 343 knows they need better graphics for halo 4 and they will squeeze all the power that is left in the 360. Halo 4 will most likely have graphics similar to Crysis 2 on pc, just running at 720p resolution. <mark>Halo 4 will make all other console games like</mark> GEars 3 or <mark>Uncharted 3</mark> <mark>look terrible by comparison.</mark>
>
>
> So 343, bring on those Crysis 2 pc-style graphics I can’t wait.

You are dead to me now.

Saying the graphics can be better than Gears 3, I can deal with, but UNCHARTED 3? The PS3 has much more powerful hardware than the 360, there’ s just no way you can get them to be better than that on the 360. You’re setting your standards impossibly high.

You really expect a 360 game to look better than uncharted 3? Oh, and btw, 343’s using an optimized version of the reach engine.

Good job, you’ve set your standards impossibly high. Enjoy your future disappointment.

> <mark>I don’t think they can get much better than Reach. Reach is already pushing the Xbox to its limits</mark>, I experience constant framerate drops which is extremely annoying.

Points to Crysis 2 and Rage

The 360 can definitely still be pushed further.

> > <mark>I don’t think they can get much better than Reach. Reach is already pushing the Xbox to its limits</mark>, I experience constant framerate drops which is extremely annoying.
>
> *Points to Crysis 2 and Rage
>
> The 360 can definitely still be pushed further.

As long as they optimize the game so it no longer has an inconsistent framerate.

> > > <mark>I don’t think they can get much better than Reach. Reach is already pushing the Xbox to its limits</mark>, I experience constant framerate drops which is extremely annoying.
> >
> > *Points to Crysis 2 and Rage
> >
> > The 360 can definitely still be pushed further.
>
> As long as they optimize the game so it no longer has an inconsistent framerate.

Well 343 has Corrine Yu on their team, I think they can avoid that.

> > 343 knows they need better graphics for halo 4 and they will squeeze all the power that is left in the 360. Halo 4 will most likely have graphics similar to Crysis 2 on pc, just running at 720p resolution. <mark>Halo 4 will make all other console games like</mark> GEars 3 or <mark>Uncharted 3</mark> <mark>look terrible by comparison.</mark>
> >
> >
> > So 343, bring on those Crysis 2 pc-style graphics I can’t wait.
>
> You are dead to me now.
>
> Saying the graphics can be better than Gears 3, I can deal with, but UNCHARTED 3? The PS3 has much more powerful hardware than the 360, there’ s just no way you can get them to be better than that on the 360. You’re setting your standards impossibly high.

facepalm

COnsidering Gears 3 has better graphics than Uncharted 3, you don’t have any idea what you are talking about bro.

Halo 4 will smash both though.

> I don’t think they can get much better than Reach. Reach is already pushing the Xbox to its limits, I experience constant framerate drops which is extremely annoying.

Yeah. As far as quality goes, Crysis 2 was very high in detail but had crap for draw distance for objects. It also felt kinda clunky and the MM was mediocre. I dont want Halo to that.

> > > 343 knows they need better graphics for halo 4 and they will squeeze all the power that is left in the 360. Halo 4 will most likely have graphics similar to Crysis 2 on pc, just running at 720p resolution. <mark>Halo 4 will make all other console games like</mark> GEars 3 or <mark>Uncharted 3</mark> <mark>look terrible by comparison.</mark>
> > >
> > >
> > > So 343, bring on those Crysis 2 pc-style graphics I can’t wait.
> >
> > You are dead to me now.
> >
> > Saying the graphics can be better than Gears 3, I can deal with, but UNCHARTED 3? The PS3 has much more powerful hardware than the 360, there’ s just no way you can get them to be better than that on the 360. You’re setting your standards impossibly high.
>
> facepalm
>
>
> COnsidering Gears 3 has better graphics than Uncharted 3, you don’t have any idea what you are talking about bro.
>
>
> Halo 4 will smash both though.

No, just no. As much as I enjoyed Gears 3, it doesn’t surpass Uncharted 3 in graphics.

> > > > 343 knows they need better graphics for halo 4 and they will squeeze all the power that is left in the 360. Halo 4 will most likely have graphics similar to Crysis 2 on pc, just running at 720p resolution. <mark>Halo 4 will make all other console games like</mark> GEars 3 or <mark>Uncharted 3</mark> <mark>look terrible by comparison.</mark>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > So 343, bring on those Crysis 2 pc-style graphics I can’t wait.
> > >
> > > You are dead to me now.
> > >
> > > Saying the graphics can be better than Gears 3, I can deal with, but UNCHARTED 3? The PS3 has much more powerful hardware than the 360, there’ s just no way you can get them to be better than that on the 360. You’re setting your standards impossibly high.
> >
> > facepalm
> >
> >
> > COnsidering Gears 3 has better graphics than Uncharted 3, you don’t have any idea what you are talking about bro.
> >
> >
> > Halo 4 will smash both though.
>
> <mark>No, just no. As much as I enjoyed Gears 3, it doesn’t surpass Uncharted 3 in graphics.</mark>

Thank you.

Crysis graphics? Pfft. Did you not actually play Crysis?

Good graphics never equal a good game, I’d rather have 10 pixels on Halo 4 as long as it’s good, I don’t care about the graphics.

I would rather take a step back in graphics to maintain a constant frame rate.

If we have many non-forged maps and then an assortment of a few smaller forge worlds it would also help frame rate issues.

I just want it to be very clean and have good art. A good lighting solution would probably help with both of these.

I mean, I’m more concerned with what they’ll be rendering as opposed to textures, polygon counts, etc.

If Halo Reach pushed the xbox to its limits then what the hell did Gears 3 do? It makes reach look like crap. It proves Bungie was full of BS when they said they were maxing out the xbox or have bad programmers. Being that Halo is Microsoft’s golden child a game made by them for the console they own and with all the hype and money poured into it then it should always be the best looking game on the console to show case what it can do.

It needs a good art style, constant frame rate and decent anti-aliasing, you know all the things that Reach lacked.

You guys are twisting this subject in all the bad ways. Imo, to say one game looks better than another and then say they have bad programmers is such disrespect to other developers who have different goals for what they want to achieve with their games. Gears, Uncharted, and Halo have different art styles and technical aspects. It’s a mixture of art & tech that makes these games different from one another. Different developers utilize the hardware in different ways in order to meet and not exceed their budget.

I doubt that seeing how every Laptop 3 years ago had a Graphics card superior to the 360’s.