Halo 4's Forge needs some improving.

Im not saying that the maps we have aren’t good, they are a lot of fun, but I know I’m not the only one that thinks Halo 4 needs some improving. Forge is perhaps the most important part of Halo in general. I think that 343i should consider making a DLC dedicated to Forge, including maps, and maybe even a UNSC flying vehicle.

I would love a Forge Specific DLC

New Forge World, Press B on an object, and be able to select different apperance schemes ie Forerunner, Covenant, Human, Flood

More creative objects, all the ones in this one are just ports from reach, other than impacts new objects [1 map]

LESS SOFT KILL ZONES, and dont make them so low

and give the ability to edit terrain. cant see that happening though

Making softer kill zones would be an excellent improvement, I really miss not being able to forge near water… and it seems like all the fun areas in the forge maps are the ones that you cant get to.

> I would love a Forge Specific DLC
>
> New Forge World, Press B on an object, and be able to select different apperance schemes ie Forerunner, Covenant, Human, Flood
>
> More creative objects, all the ones in this one are just ports from reach, other than impacts new objects [1 map]
>
> LESS SOFT KILL ZONES, and dont make them so low
>
> <mark>and give the ability to edit terrain</mark>. cant see that happening though

They wont do that, you would be making your own game within their game. :confused:

> > I would love a Forge Specific DLC
> >
> > New Forge World, Press B on an object, and be able to select different apperance schemes ie Forerunner, Covenant, Human, Flood
> >
> > More creative objects, all the ones in this one are just ports from reach, other than impacts new objects [1 map]
> >
> > LESS SOFT KILL ZONES, and dont make them so low
> >
> > <mark>and give the ability to edit terrain</mark>. cant see that happening though
>
> They wont do that, you would be making your own game within their game. :confused:

It would just defeat the purpose of map packs and their ability to make money

now, if they DID implement it, they would have to make money some how…

So simply charge “Halo Credits”, a virtual currency that costs $$$ that I just made up, To buy the Top Downloaded Maps of the week via file share system.

Small in game purchases like this is what F2P games so successful and filthy rich

I think that 343i needs to start listening to the community. Thats how Bungie did it, and it worked out great for them.

I love forge! I just got into making maps and finished a BTB slayer map called Hubris. It’s in my fileshare and ill show it off when the fileshare system comes online.

As for the ideas above, I agree. I would also love to have the ability to undo an action, group items together to delete, move, duplicate. Lastly, it would be nice to have more colour on the forge pieces instead of small strips.

I love forge too, however it could be a lot better if 343i put a little bit more time and effort in it.

> I love forge too, however it could be a lot better if 343i put a little bit more time and effort in it.

I think Certain Affinity works on forge, not 343i directly.

Oh and I would also like to use a precision movement tool. The coordinate system works but not as good as how I heard the precision tool worked in the past.

By the way, I am not trying to bash Halo 4 or 343i, I simply love Halo and want to come up with ways to improve it.

> I love forge too, however it could be a lot better if 343i put a little bit more time and effort in it.

same, it just doesnt feel like an “Upgrade” with the little improvements it made, and some that it took out

Honestly, it took 2 steps Foward and 3 Steps Back with fine adjustment, zoom, and having no new items other than impact

I know what you mean. But I still have faith in 343i. Halo 4 is still young and has tons of time for improvement :slight_smile:

yeah but they could add more forge maps like sandbox and forge world and maby more out of the map stuff like sanbox that made the map allmost 5x bigger and more UNSC flying stuff would also be helpful very helpful maby even npcs or promethean stuff like cars tanks ect. they have lots of opinions to make halo4 even for awesome!

> I love forge! I just got into making maps and finished a BTB slayer map called Hubris. It’s in my fileshare and ill show it off when the fileshare system comes online.
>
> As for the ideas above, I agree. I would also love to have the ability to undo an action, group items together to delete, move, duplicate. Lastly, it would be nice to have more colour on the forge pieces instead of small strips.

wait the file share system is offline?

I disagree. I have spent about 12+ hours in H4F and I think it is fine the way it is. I have been hearing that it is a step back from Reach’s Forge. That couldn’t be any further from the truth. It is the same exact forge we had in Reach, except for new features that are extremely useful. The only thing that has actually been taken away from forge is the ability to zoom in while in editor mode. While I do miss zooming in, I would hardly call it a must have for forge, you can still move objects very precisely without zooming in at all, and even then if your using the coordinate plane (which you should) then there shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Yes, i do believe Forge World should have be remade, actually it shouldn’t a map as big and scenic as Forge World should have been a must (imagine if they gave us an almost identical forge and an exactly identical Forge World). I think Impact alone is a good enough forge ma to keep me satisfied. IMO its one of the best Forge maps to date (once you get past all the scientific inaccuracies). And the dynamic lighting does Forge an invaluable justice. But I do with I could turn it off temporarily to not have to load every time I exit editor mode. I feel like all this complaining over Forge is entirely for the sake of complaining in itself.

With Forge in Halo 4 We got:
-Magnets
-Duplicate Object
-Lock Object
-Delete Everything/By pallet
-Three Forge dedicated maps
-Dynamic Lighting

But we Lost:
-The Ability to zoom in. (Call it precise but I definitely never did anything relatively precise with it)

And before I get called a fanboy or whatever, I have so many problems with this game MM wise, but I feel Forge is one of the things they got right.

TL;DR
Forge is exactly the same as Reach but with great additions. Precise Zoom was hardly precise at all and magnets as well as the returning coordinate plane is enough.

> > I love forge! I just got into making maps and finished a BTB slayer map called Hubris. It’s in my fileshare and ill show it off when the fileshare system comes online.
> >
> > As for the ideas above, I agree. I would also love to have the ability to undo an action, group items together to delete, move, duplicate. Lastly, it would be nice to have more colour on the forge pieces instead of small strips.
>
> wait the file share system is offline?

Yep! Apparently 343i is adding some new defining features that just aren’t working right now. So they are keeping it all offline until its ready. They said it should be ready sometime in January.

I am not saying that forge is bad right now, it is sill fun. I am just saying that forge could be a lot better. I feel like 343 didn’t take enough time with forge, and they should be taking a step forward not keeping forge the same as Halo Reach’s. Everyone is disappointed because we were all expecting 343i to take a step forward, and they didn’t.