Halo 4's DMR

Halo takes skill. We all know it. It’s one of those games that we can put in our consoles and know
the next match will bring a challenge. However, lately i have found that the Halo 4 DMR is a bit overpowered. Allowing massive aim assist, power, fire rate and accuracy.

In Halo: Reach, the DMR was an amazing weapon in the right hands, but was balanced with weapon bloom. This counteracted the weapons power and accuracy at long range, forcing the player to
slow his weapon fire rate or lose those long range battles.

Many of my friends and I believe the DMR needs a nerf, not a huge one, but just something like a
slower fire rate, or larger bloom when firing. Not a power reduction, as that would assure the
Battle Rifle would come out on top in most encounters.

I hope that 343 reads this message, because it will help bring more of the skill element back to
Halo.

Sincerely,

kickassman4425

I agree. Love the maturity in your post.

Make the other rifles a bit better maybe. dnt touch my dmr please.

> Halo takes skill. We all know it. It’s one of those games that we can put in our consoles and know
> the next match will bring a challenge. However, lately i have found that the Halo 4 DMR is a bit overpowered. Allowing massive aim assist, power, fire rate and accuracy.
>
> In Halo: Reach, the DMR was an amazing weapon in the right hands, but was balanced with weapon bloom. This counteracted the weapons power and accuracy at long range, forcing the player to
> slow his weapon fire rate or lose those long range battles.
>
> Many of my friends and I believe the DMR needs a nerf, not a huge one, but just something like a
> slower fire rate, or larger bloom when firing. Not a power reduction, as that would assure the
> Battle Rifle would come out on top in most encounters.
>
> I hope that 343 reads this message, because it will help bring more of the skill element back to
> Halo.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> kickassman4425

No matter what they do, the BR cannot come out on top in “most encounters” The BR has way more spread for some reason, a vertical recoil, and a range retardation where it can’t do crap at a long range. The BR should win all the time at short range and mid short range, and at mid range, they should be somewhat even with the BR having a slight advantage. At long range and mid-long, DMR should win.

Absolutely agree - civil and well worded.

There’s a reason pretty much everyone’s favourite weapon is the DMR.

Fact about the DMR: Supposed to be high Accurate Mid to long Range Rifle Perfect for those marksmen. It shoots slower than the BR and can not compete with close quarters ranged weapons unless the opponent is a complete idiot shooting the wall.

Fact about the BR: Close to mid range rifle meant for tight corridors and is less accurate at long ranges. (If your fighting against a DMR opponent from long range your just like the guy shooting at the wall). IT has a faster fire rate than The DMR but also takes 5 shots to kill an enemy 4 body 1 head or 8 to body if you cant aim for the visor. To me if you cant get a kill from close-mid range with the BR your doing something wrong.

My opinions about the weapons: DMR is what it says mid to long range beast perfect for those marksmen who are always hit their mark when shooting. It can easily get beaten by a Assualt Rifle Suppressor and any other close range weapon with ease. How it is overpowered to some players is beyond me. (Mainly Halo 3 fans who disowned Reach)

BR: It spreads too much for close quarters on slayer but on Swat it is a beast since 3 bullets from 1 shot = possible 3 headshots making it overpowered in Swat but i believe it needs to be more accurate since the spread of the shots seem too wide for a precision Rifle for CQC.

So Why nerf a gun that is already perfect and not fix the spread on the gun that imo is kinda broken. If you want it faster go ahead but unless spread is fixed you will lose with this weapon since 3 burst shots shoot in a vertical line and can possible if strafing make an unwanted spread with each shot making it less lethal. <mark>So my suggestion is to amp up the BR’s speed just by a few mil secs and tighten up the spread of the bullets.</mark>

All based on Opinion ^^^

PiKL, I respectfully disagree with your opinion. Check out the stats, the DMR can outclass the BR and AR in close quarters. It’s power doesn’t decrease the shorter range you have.

Increase bloom, decrease magnetism and most importantly, bring back knocking out of scope.

I am definitely in agreement with -Yoink-. But, before I go any further let me preface this by saying I played over 5000 slayer games in Halo Reach, and the DMR was my preferred weapon(Magnum was number two).

In Halo 4 I use both the BR and the DMR, depending on the map, range of the engagement, etc, etc. The problem with the DMR, which is obvious to anyone who has played enough Halo, and has been stated, is that it has way, way, too much aim assist. Within it’s effective range, which is a few yards to clear across the map, it is hard to miss with this gun. I kill people I can’t even see with it on Exile. People clear on the other side of the map, through the foliage of a tree! I just squeeze the trigger when the reticle is red. Try it, it’s easy.

The DMR is crying out for a nerf. Will I quit playing if it doesn’t happen? Nope. Didn’t quit playing Reach because of Armor Lock, but a lot of people did! And a lot of players will quit this if something isn’t done. I’m not going to cry because I wind up face down in the dirt clutching my BR more than a few times. But, for some friends of mine who really enjoy Halo, and who maybe aren’t the greatest of Halo players, this is literally ruining the game for them.

I hated that Reach made the “marksman” style player pay a penalty. Especially since those players have always made up the loyal core of the Halo fan base. I welcome that Halo 4 has shifted the focus back to actually shooting at people! lol. But, I feel that the DMR has given too much of an advantage to players using it, and is making other players miserable, forcing them to use the DMR, or quit. I also feel that this runs contrary to the spirit of the game, which allows players more freedom than ever to play Halo the way they want to(provided they are using a DMR).

Please 343, this is a great game, don’t let all the effort put into it go to waste by letting the DMR ruin it. I know people using the DMR are not keen on having their gun nerfed in any way, but to them I would say that the gun is giving them help that they probably don’t need. The close quarters players(of which I am not one) need a break from this thing. For my own part, I will continue to play it my way, which sometimes includes the DMR, but I genuinely dislike the feeling of having an edge I don’t deserve, and prefer to feel that I made every shot, and every kill, myself.

People that say “BR beats DMR at close and medium range” and “dmr takes more skill” should get their facts straight. The DMR has the greatest aim assist, more range, and a FASTER killtime than the BR or any other weapon. It has been proven by stats that it dominates the carbine, lightrifle, and BR.

I definitely agree with the fact that the DMR is in need of some tweaking. Maybe not so much as making it less powerful, but maybe just slowing the fire rate or fixing the fact that a spartan helmet is like a DMR bullet magnet.

I agree. The DMR from Halo Reach was so good. I believe that they should bring back the Reach DMR without any modifications, except for the design.

Nobody wants the Halo Reach DMR back. You had to be an excellent shot to kill an old lady in a wheelchair with that thing. Reach intentionally made skilled players work twice as hard to get kills in a seemimg effort to level the playing field. This is going too far the other way, handing the same players a gun that can’t miss. Somebody metioned statistics, which I’m sure show what a monster the DMR is, way out of line with past statistics, making any comparison irrelevant. Somebody let the aluminum bat into the game. Thankfully baseball still doesn’t allow it.