-Halo 4's DMR Updates-

Okay get this, I was looking up on some Halo 4 gameplay. It was rare when a video had a player using the DMR. The strangest thing is that the DMR that I saw on an older video before the PAX Prime held 15 rds in the clip. The latest map show was on Solace and it was the most recent Halo 4 gameplay commentary, and that DMR had 14 round full clip… Plus, the parts on the rifle were different. It had an iron sight added with the new skin to. I don’t mind how much the gun carries as long as it can kill stuff. I just want to know how much bullets it carries because this is confusing to me.

> Okay get this, I was looking up on some Halo 4 gameplay. It was rare when a video had a player using the DMR. The strangest thing is that the DMR that I saw on an older video before the PAX Prime held 15 rds in the clip. The latest map show was on Solace and it was the most recent Halo 4 gameplay commentary, and that DMR had 14 round full clip… Plus, the parts on the rifle were different. It had an iron sight added with the new skin to. I don’t mind how much the gun carries as long as it can kill stuff. I just want to know how much bullets it carries because this is confusing to me.

I imagine the same amount just 14 shots in a magazine instead of 15. So same amount of total ammo, just 14 shots a clip. Mainly just because the BR couldn’t kill 3 fully shielded enemies with one clip so they had to do the same with the DMR to balance the magazines.

That’s because the build with the 15 shot clip is an older one. The one on Solace (and practically any video we’ve seen released this week) that has the 14 shot DMR is using something closer to the final build.

343 tweaked it to have 14 shots. Plus, the model of the new DMR was updated, which is why you noticed the sights. The skins do nothing but make the gun have more aesthetic appeal.

Make every weapon underpowered! gogo Bungie2!

> Make every weapon underpowered! gogo Bungie2!

1 less bullet per clip = underpowered?
It’s called balancing.

What the…i don’t even…

> Make every weapon underpowered! <mark>gogo Bungie2</mark>!

loloololololololollolllol

I think the weapons have always been fine, but the AR in reach? BLAH.

> > Make every weapon underpowered! gogo Bungie2!
>
> I think the weapons have always been fine, but the AR in reach? BLAH.

Turian Councilor: Ah yes, the “water gun”. The amazingly disappointing Assault Rifle that is many say is useful when burst firing at a distance against a DMR. We have dismissed that claim.

>
> 1 less bullet per clip = underpowered?
> It’s called balancing.

Or they could have bumped the BR to 4sk so it could kill 3 fully shielded players per clip, and kept the DMR as it was. They’re doing the same thing that Bungie did, nerfing other weapons that were fine instead of buffing the ones that were slightly under powered.

exactly. why give me an awesome strafe if i cant exterminate my enemies without a reload which only serves to give them a chance

It already has the fastest kill time out of all loadout weapons. 3 kills with 1 mag would have been excessive.

Thanks, I know the skin is just for appearance but will 14 rounds mean the weapon is slightly powerful?

Really?

Maybe the 14 is to ensure it’s impossible to get 3 kills in a single clip? But if that’s the case, why not change it to 10?

Maybe they’re trying to teach us ammo management :stuck_out_tongue:

> Maybe the 14 is to ensure it’s impossible to get 3 kills in a single clip? But if that’s the case, why not change it to 10?
>
> Maybe they’re trying to teach us ammo management :stuck_out_tongue:

Or simply trying to decrease individual skill and remove all opportunities of being clutch.

Bungie increased the ammo count on the DMR from 12 to 15 for a reason, the BR had 15 3-shot bursts for a reason and the pistol had 12 shots for a reason.

>
> What the…i don’t even…

What don’t you even?

What part of “they’re making the BR 5 shot with spread and the DMR have bloom and 14 shots in a mag” is unclear to you?

>
> Really?

What’s the problem?

>
> 1 less bullet per clip = underpowered?
> It’s called balancing.

Yeah, and when you repeatedly nerf all weapons in order to bring balance between them, they end up weaker than they were in the beginning. Hence, they become “underpowered”.

In combination with “dexterity” (fast reload) you won’t find too many missed opportunities to get kills. It’s one bullet from the clip. I’d prefer it to be balanced with the BR, this way we’ll have more users and thus diversifying the preferred ‘in-game’ weapon set.