Halo 4's campaign needs to be as long as Halo 2's

Or even longer.

As I am playing Halo 2 Vista and looking at the achievements I see that there are 13 campaign levels. Now in a Halo game we get 9 maybe 10.

I don’t know about y’all, but I want a long and good campaign

Fo realz bro. Should be the longest Halo yet.

I agree. A campaign can’t be too long, but most games that have come out recently have single-players that aren’t long enough.

I hope I spend at least two days on Halo 4’s campaign.

Yes, but some of Halo 2’s are quite short.

> Yes, but some of Halo 2’s are quite short.

Not that short, and many are long.

I’d like a 17 hour playthrough, as long as the campaign isn’t filled with the same -Yoink- like it was in reach.

The biggest dissapointment for me of all the 360 halo titles were their story lengths. (minus cea and wars)

Halo 2 had a great campaign length and the quantity of cutscenes seemed to double it. For halo 4, id like to see a longer campaign as long as it doesnt detract from the overall quality.

> Or even longer.
>
> As I am playing Halo 2 Vista and looking at the achievements I see that there are 13 campaign levels. Now in a Halo game we get 9 maybe 10.
>
> I don’t know about y’all, but I want a long and good campaign

Agreed.

Yeah, that’d be epic! I hope it happens!

just as long as the story has enough room and levels to properly develop and to flesh out the story, i’m good. doesn’t really have to be that long, but if it’s long and all levels are exciting = that’s good. but if campaign overstays its welcome and become repetitive in some areas = not good. So it’s all really about balance.

> Or even longer.
>
> As I am playing Halo 2 Vista and looking at the achievements I see that there are 13 campaign levels. Now in a Halo game we get 9 maybe 10.
>
> I don’t know about y’all, but I want a long and good campaign

Not going to happen in this generation of games.Games today require more resources and time, thus they have short campaigns.
But whait?What about Fallout, and Elder Scrolls, and…

Oblivion took about 4 years to make .
Fallout about 2 years or longer.
Skyrim about 3 years

These games only had singleplayer, and no multiplayer.
Halo 2 had both singleplayer and multi- but did not have anything extra like a theater or forge or something.and that took 3years.
REally the only way I see the reimergence of very long campaings i HAlo is that they eitehr take a longer time to make the game, to just cut any other modes than single player, which they problably won’t do.So it’s just going back to the longer dev cycle.

> I’d like a 17 hour playthrough, as long as the campaign isn’t filled with the same Yoink! like it was in reach.

Why exactly 17 hours lol?

But I agree, it should be longer than all before it. I think it won’t be though, seeing as Spartan Ops will be as long as the campaign, so the campaign can’t be that long.

It should be as long as it needs to be.

Think about it: there is no need to drag on a campaign if the story suffers because of that dragging on.

And while I love nearly everything about H2, and would love a long campaign, I’d still hold on to what I just said.
If 343i has a story that easily lasts 13-15 missions: hell yes, that would be great.
If they have a story that in size and scope is like CE or ODST, there is no reason to make it any longer than 9-10 missions.

> > Yes, but some of Halo 2’s are quite short.
>
> Not that short, and many are long.

Outskirts, Metropolis, Sacred Icon, and High Charity are all pretty short. Arbiter and Great Journey are kinda short. The only long one is Gravemind.

> It should be as long as it needs to be.
>
> Think about it: there is no need to drag on a campaign if the story suffers because of that dragging on.
>
> And while I love nearly everything about H2, and would love a long campaign, I’d still hold on to what I just said.
> If 343i has a story that easily lasts 13-15 missions: hell yes, that would be great.
> If they have a story that in size and scope is like CE or ODST, there is no reason to make it any longer than 9-10 missions.

It’s not about story, it’s about play time. It’s also not about the number of missions, it’s how long they are.

I dissagree. The campaign should be at least 200 hours.

> I’d like a 17 hour playthrough, as long as the campaign isn’t filled with the same Yoink! like it was in reach.

Uhm, the Reach campaign used a variety of concepts that almost eliminated redundancy.

You have a sniper section, a space section, it worked very well.

OT: I’m hoping for a long campaign, but not too long.

> > It should be as long as it needs to be.
> >
> > Think about it: there is no need to drag on a campaign if the story suffers because of that dragging on.
> >
> > And while I love nearly everything about H2, and would love a long campaign, I’d still hold on to what I just said.
> > If 343i has a story that easily lasts 13-15 missions: hell yes, that would be great.
> > If they have a story that in size and scope is like CE or ODST, there is no reason to make it any longer than 9-10 missions.
>
> It’s not about story, it’s about play time. It’s also not about the number of missions, it’s how long they are.

It IS very much about story.
Campaign revolves around a story. So to have a long campaign you need a long storyline. Because with hardware limitations, you won’t get a long campaign out of 9 missions. A mission only lasts about an hour max. And a longer story means more cutscenes. Now, where do you get cutscenes? Between missions. So a longer story inevitably means more levels, and you can’t have more levels than the storyline can hold up to.

> I dissagree. The campaign should be at least 200 hours.

My man, for real?
If it’d be 200 hours…nobody or hardly anybody would bother play the entire Campaign.

I agree