Halo 4 ... ?????

Why does halo 4 have different sound that Bungies games? I was told it was legal reasons.

> Why does halo 4 have different sound that Bungies games? I was told it was legal reasons.

Microsoft own all rights to halo including the music. 343 probably wanted to try something different

Sounds even differed between Bungie’s games. Very few (if any) sounds are the same between Halo: CE and Halo 3.

They were trying something new. Doesn’t really matter to me because I love the new sounds. :slight_smile:

I just want the old Halo theme back. It’s not a Halo game without it.

The freaking sounds are amazingly badass in this game, who’s complaining?

Bungie might have some sounds copyrighted or something similar.
By the way, this should be posted in the “Halo 4” section as opposed to general discussion.
EDIT: Oops, one of the mods already took care of that. Sorry.

New triology, new everything I guess. I like the new soundtrack although I do miss the older sound tracks… MJOLNIR in particular

I think the sound in this game was executed flawlessly! It was a perfect balance of old and new, IMO. Though, I do agree about missing the theme music. But what Halo fan doesn’t love that jam?

I love the weapon sounds in halo 4, they sound nice and beefy, especially the assault rifle and DMR

To improve the sounds?

> > Why does halo 4 have different sound that Bungies games? I was told it was legal reasons.
>
>
> <mark>Microsoft own all rights to halo including the music. 343 probably wanted to try something different</mark>

Exactly this. Not to mention, they wanted Halo to “evolve” from the Original Trilogy. However, I have to agree with Hi IM Light, is the music. I, for one, thought it was a big mistake to move away from the classic theme song to something else. Hopefully the next title has some of the original tracks, especially the theme song in the game and the soundtrack.

Well riot, for the next one I’d like redone versions of awakening, arrival, to galaxy and 117 to make them even more epic!

To galaxy doesn’t sound quite there yet. It needs more strings propelling the song.

Monk chant disappeared after Halo 2. I’m ok with the new one, but it would have been a nice tribute to include the old one somewhere. Heck, it’s in Halo Wars.

> <mark>Monk chant disappeared after Halo 2</mark>. I’m ok with the new one, but it would have been a nice tribute to include the old one somewhere. Heck, it’s in Halo Wars.

Monk Chant didn’t disappear in Halo 2. It was heard in Halo 3 Menu Music.

> Well riot, for the next one I’d like redone versions of awakening, arrival, to galaxy and 117 to make them even more epic!
>
> To galaxy doesn’t sound quite there yet. It needs more strings propelling the song.

I concur, however, Halo 5/XB1, needs to have the monk chant as the Menu Music. As well as the theme itself in the game. TBH, I wonder if Track 117 would be good enough to have a Remix like Mjolnir Mix.