Halo 4, Will it be 60 FPS? Make it Happen! - Petition

I’d take Halo 2/3 Graphics for Halo 4 if we can have a constant 60 FPS

The biggest problem with 30 FPS is that any dip in that will result in the game being highly unenjoyable, as demonstrated at times on forge world maps.

• Petition

I know what you mean. But I want the graphics to be colorful, cartoony, and fun, yet are taken seriously. Like Halo 3. Especially in the campaign. The colors were darker and more serious there.

I’ll take a good looking H4 at 30 frames over a bland looking one at 60 frames.

with the advancement of hardware in the coming years, why not have anniversary graphics at 45 FPS? the eye works at 30, so a dip wouldnt look that bad, as long as it isnt constant or below 30.

> I’d take Halo 2/3 Graphics for Halo 4 if we can have a constant 60 FPS
>
> The biggest problem with 30 FPS is that any dip in that will result in the game being highly unenjoyable, as demonstrated at times on forge world maps.
>
> - Petition

I agree. I loved Halo 2 graphics, and I adored Halo 3 graphics. 60 FPS would be great.

>
> The biggest problem with 30 FPS is that any dip in that will result in the game being highly unenjoyable, as demonstrated at times on forge world maps.
>
> - Petition

errr

if you get framerate drops in 30 FPS in forge world, just making it 60FPS will NOT WORK, it will make the problem worse.

its something to fix (framerate lag in forge), but 60 FPS is not mandatory considering your eyes can only see so many FPS in the first place. more would be nice, but its not entirely mandatory like other things are (hitscan).

>
>
> - Petition

Wait.

So your problem is that when the hardware is overtaxed under 30FPS, problems become noticeable.

And your solution… is to double the load it has to process?

Call of Duty is able to reach 60 frames per second because people have such low expectations from it.
First of all, the graphics are good, but not even comparable to a Halo game.
Secondly, people expect much more from a Halo game then they do from a call of duty game.

Halo is defined as a beautifully crafted work of art, with huge landscapes and epic battles.
Call of Duty is able to be a compact fast shooter due to its urban warfare nature.

(I used the comparison of Call of Duty because that is the type of game that can afford 60 fps)

I guarantee you that 343 industries have the best xbox specific engineers in the industry working on Halo 4.
I guarantee you that there will be plenty of new innovations, both graphically and with greater speed.

If anything I’d hope for 40 FPS with dips into the 30s.
60 is setting the bar really high.
The team would have to make graphical sacrifices that I don’t think a Halo game can afford to make.

I don’t care, if it’s over 30 FPS and has state-of-the-art graphics like Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3, I approve.

Oeh… here we go again, there are many reasons why 60fps beats 30. Go play CoD, switch to Reach, watch the difference and tell me the human eye percieves only 30fps. I’d say the brain can process over 100fps.

Because of how the visual system works, you will see 15fps as smooth motion but that certainly doesn’t mean we can have games running at 15. If you would take 2 frames, one white, the other black, and cycle them at a rate of 30Hz, you will see a flickering image which is very annoying to watch. Now take those 2 frames and cycle them at a rate of around 60hz, you will see one gray image as the black and white screens mix in your head. I’m not sure whether people notice this or not, but I’ve always been annoyed by games running at 30fps, the flickering gives me a headache.

Thomas Edison studied this stuff and concluded that a frame rate below 46 will strain the eye, and I agree 100%.

Would be very nice to have an option to switch between better graphics with lower fps, and lower gfx with higher fps.

gameplay > graphics

I think 60fps like CoD just wouldn’t be Halo.

I would prefer to have Halo 2 level of graphics at 30 FPS with larger AI encounters. Seriously, there is practically no visual difference between 30 and 60 FPS, despite what some people say. The advantages of 30 FPS GREATLY out number the advantages of 60 FPS.

> I would prefer to have Halo 2 level of graphics at 30 FPS with larger AI encounters. Seriously, there is practically no visual difference between 30 and 60 FPS, despite what some people say. The advantages of 30 FPS GREATLY out number the advantages of 60 FPS.

Untrue; you definitely can feel the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. But 60 FPS is not Halo.

> Untrue; you definitely can feel the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. But 60 FPS is not Halo.

Wat… How would 60fps not be Halo??

Halo doesn’t need 60 fps, also the higher the frame rate the less you can do with the game visually, and at this point in the 360’s life they need to juice it for all it’s worth.

get it at whatever framerate which changes max-local-players from 2 to 4. I would like to play Team Slayer with my friends again rather than just having an option to play squad slayer

No, you don’t need 60 FPS. If you have more that 30 FPS, the game has to sacrifice graphical quality (textures and models) in order to proccess that much information without frame-rate lag. 30 is the standard, and it’s a fine standard. I wouldn’t want the game to look bad just so that it can compete with Call of Duty 4.

60 fps= real life graphics but less stuff to do in the game.

30 fps= good graphics but large battles and a hell of a lot of more stuff to do in game.

Thinking that 60 FPS is twice the processing power required at 30 FPS, it would mean that half of the graphical features would be scrapped. I would be much more willing to have nice looking graphics with big enviroments, but 30 FPS, than bad graphics, small maps and 60 FPS. The point is, framerate of 60 FPS over 30 has much more cons than pros. Maybe on next generation consoles, but Xbox 360 doesn’t have nearly enough power.