Halo 4. What you buy should be what you get.

Remember back in the day… where -Yoink- that came with a game was there when you opened it? When all the unlockable stuff was unlockable through the game? Where all the maps were in the game when you opened it?

These days, the 60 dollar game you get is barely half of its worth. You now, to get the full content, have to buy it at specific stores, beat challenges of pasts games, buy extra content and loads of other -Yoink-. What happened to the days when it was there when you opened it?

My point, is to get %100 of content for an average game, you have to more than quadruple the original cost. Most MP games now have online memberships, on top of paying 60 bucks a year for Live. So just to play online, you have to buy the game ($60) plus Live for a year ($60) plus games online member ship ($50). Total for MP and the game is $170. But wait, Theres more! Multiplayer map packs and expansions range to about $20-$50. So lets add the total average for Packs. $220. Now, you need to buy the other games in the series to get more content! For todays game series’, theres about 3-5 games in a series. So, lets assume your buying them used for $20. $100 for maximum cost. lets add again! $320 now. And you know how other retailers have pre-order bonuses? Well you now have to buy codes on Amazon. about 5 retailers, 5 bucks each, $25+$320=$345. That number is assuming you have a xbox.

TL;DR- If you want %100 of a games content, assuming you have an xbox and none of the predeceasing games, and Halo will go along with habits of other game series’ including MP fees, it will cost around $345. Yes, you read it. 345 Dollars.

That number is so ridiculous, Halo 4 shouldnt have extra -Yoink- you have to buy extra just to receive its full content. we pay 60 dollars for the game, not for a partial peace of -Yoink-. I know its marketing, but its so crazy. If you realize how much money you have to waist, buying it doesnt even seem feasible.

I don’t see what ridiculous about getting extra content for paying a little extra. I mean, no game has gone so far as to restrict new players from parts of the experience.

I mean, let’s look at some games that have featured extra content:

Halo Reach

[/li]- Flaming Helmet

• Special Chest Piece and Helmet

Halo Anniversary

• Grunt Funeral Skull

Gears of War

• Exclusive weapon and character skins for multiplayer
  • Bonus Medals for completing past games

None of these thing hinder the experience of any players. All they do is give a few bonuses to a few players, none of which will changes the over all game experience.

So, I am for pre-order bonuses, extra content in higher game editions, and unlockable content linked to previous entries in the series. I do not see how it does harm to anyone.

> I don’t see what ridiculous about getting extra content for paying a little extra. I mean, no game has gone so far as to restrict new players from parts of the experience.
>
> I mean, let’s look at some games that have featured extra content:
>
> Halo Reach
>
> [/li]- Flaming Helmet
> - Special Chest Piece and Helmet
>
>
> Halo Anniversary
> - Grunt Funeral Skull
>
> Gears of War
> - Exclusive weapon and character skins for multiplayer
> - Bonus Medals for completing past games
>
> None of these thing hinder the experience of any players. All they do is give a few bonuses to a few players, none of which will changes the over all game experience.
>
> So, I am for pre-order bonuses, extra content in higher game editions, and unlockable content linked to previous entries in the series. I do not see how it does harm to anyone.

You forgot to mention Halo 3. You needed the maps to play online. Also MP fees besides Live are starting to increase.

It doesnt matter if it doesnt hinder the experience, but a lot of people like having all the content in a game they buy, and people now have to do a lot of extra -Yoink- just to do that.

I’m just gonna point some stuff out real quick.

plus games online member ship ($50)

I don’t know where you get $50 from. Battlefield or Gears for example are only about $10.

Multiplayer map packs and expansions range to about $20-$50

Same here. I don’t ever see a $50 DLC pack, and all of Halo’s map packs, excluding the anniversary pack, are 10 bucks each are OPTIONAL.

And you know how other retailers have pre-order bonuses? Well you now have to buy codes on Amazon. about 5 retailers, 5 bucks each

Pre-order bonuses again are optional and not necessary. (I don’t even use the bonuses that I have). Also if you go to your retailer and pay the $5 required to pre-order, I believe that it counts toward the $60 for the game. And lastly 5 retailers? I don’t think there are that much (at least not in my area).

These where things that I saw wrong and couldn’t resist to post something about. I am not flaming or hating against you or anything.

> I’m just gonna point some stuff out real quick.
>
> plus games online member ship ($50)
>
> I don’t know where you get $50 from. Battlefield or Gears for example are only about $10.
>
> Multiplayer map packs and expansions range to about $20-$50
>
> Same here. I don’t ever see a $50 DLC pack, and all of Halo’s map packs, excluding the anniversary pack, are 10 bucks each are OPTIONAL.
>
> And you know how other retailers have pre-order bonuses? Well you now have to buy codes on Amazon. about 5 retailers, 5 bucks each
>
> Pre-order bonuses again are optional and not necessary. (I don’t even use the bonuses that I have). Also if you go to your retailer and pay the $5 required to pre-order, I believe that it counts toward the $60 for the game. And lastly 5 retailers? I don’t think there are that much (at least not in my area).
>
> These where things that I saw wrong and couldn’t resist to post something about. I am not flaming or hating against you or anything.

Playing the game at all is optional. Im saying to get 100 percent of a games content you have to buy a lot of -Yoink-.

the $50 was an average, since a few games like CoD are making it so you need an online pass. They do range though, its just an estimate.

Also, if you ever played Halo3, MP maps were mandatory.

Also, you have Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Amazon, and a few others.

I respectfully disagree.

DLC adds replay-ability, for one.

The only thing we can agree on is the stupid “Online passes” that come with games (I’m looking at you, Ubisoft) but Halo doesn’t have those, so other than that I don’t really see your point.

Map packs and expansions being $20-$50. What are you on? A majority of Halo map packs are $10 with the exception of the Anniversary map pack being at $15. Though if you purchased Halo: CEA you get it for free.

Online memberships being $50. No game that I know requires you an to have an online membership after paying for live. If you are talking about CoD: Elite that is an optional item that saves you a little bit of money on all the Dlc.

Also games are allowed to have expansions and such because some ideas get thought of after release. Gears of War 3 has a full disc of 7 gigabytes on it. You have full access to everything on the disc.

No one forces you to buy live. Microsoft wants you to pay for it because it is expensive for them to host all the servers and to have employees keep that service up and running and to monitor all the modders and all.

If you wait long enough game developers usually release pre-order bonuses after a month or more. Homefront had the Shotgun pre-order bonus but a month later they released it. Fallout: New Vegas released some of there pre-order bonuses too but at a much later date.
Pre-order bonuses are also a way to get people to buy it sooner instead of waiting for a price drop.

Basically you don’t have to pay for all the things. You make the decision to buy these items.

> Map packs and expansions being $20-$50. What are you on? A majority of Halo map packs are $10 with the exception of the Anniversary map pack being at $15. Though if you purchased Halo: CEA you get it for free.
>
> Online memberships being $50. No game that I know requires you an to have an online membership after paying for live. If you are talking about CoD: Elite that is an optional item that saves you a little bit of money on all the Dlc.
>
> Also games are allowed to have expansions and such because some ideas get thought of after release. Gears of War 3 has a full disc of 7 gigabytes on it. You have full access to everything on the disc.
>
> No one forces you to buy live. Microsoft wants you to pay for it because it is expensive for them to host all the servers and to have employees keep that service up and running and to monitor all the modders and all.
>
> If you wait long enough game developers usually release pre-order bonuses after a month or more. Homefront had the Shotgun pre-order bonus but a month later they released it. Fallout: New Vegas released some of there pre-order bonuses too but at a much later date.
> Pre-order bonuses are also a way to get people to buy it sooner instead of waiting for a price drop.
>
>
> Basically you don’t have to pay for all the things. You make the decision to buy these items.

Yes map packs are 10 dollars each, but they release more than 1 map pack =/

Many games are starting to have passes, most ubisoft games need them, and many more need them. Though some do come with the game, others you need to buy separately.

I know no one is making me buy it. Though my point is ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO BUY TO RECEIVE FULL CONTENT.

Wow, what an over-dramatization.

Firstly things like pre-order bonuses from different retailers might be annoying, they are generally inconsequential to a game.

As far as having played previous games to unlock armour, that wasn’t a big deal in Reach. you got a helmet or two and they are once again inconsequential to the game.

There’s only been 3 map packs for Reach, $10, $10 and $15. That’s $35. And the game plays fine without them. In fact, there’s so little support for the new maps that they barely even get played so not having them isn’t a big deal.

The online pass doesn’t exist for Halo games. Microsoft isn’t going to start having online passes for it’s games, just like Activision won’t. Big publishers don’t bother.

And at the end of the day if you walked into a store and bought Reach for $60 and didn’t spend another cent on it you’d get a full experience without the need to purchase optional extras.

If you don’t like the business model, vote with your dollar, don’t buy it.

So basically you are complaining that one or 2 pieces of exclusive amor and redundant playlist that just require dlc are in the game?

> > Map packs and expansions being $20-$50. What are you on? A majority of Halo map packs are $10 with the exception of the Anniversary map pack being at $15. Though if you purchased Halo: CEA you get it for free.
> >
> > Online memberships being $50. No game that I know requires you an to have an online membership after paying for live. If you are talking about CoD: Elite that is an optional item that saves you a little bit of money on all the Dlc.
> >
> > Also games are allowed to have expansions and such because some ideas get thought of after release. Gears of War 3 has a full disc of 7 gigabytes on it. You have full access to everything on the disc.
> >
> > No one forces you to buy live. Microsoft wants you to pay for it because it is expensive for them to host all the servers and to have employees keep that service up and running and to monitor all the modders and all.
> >
> > If you wait long enough game developers usually release pre-order bonuses after a month or more. Homefront had the Shotgun pre-order bonus but a month later they released it. Fallout: New Vegas released some of there pre-order bonuses too but at a much later date.
> > Pre-order bonuses are also a way to get people to buy it sooner instead of waiting for a price drop.
> >
> >
> > Basically you don’t have to pay for all the things. You make the decision to buy these items.
>
> Yes map packs are 10 dollars each, but they release more than 1 map pack =/
>
>
> Many games are starting to have passes, most ubisoft games need them, and many more need them. Though some do come with the game, others you need to buy separately.
>
>
> I know no one is making me buy it. Though my point is ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO BUY TO RECEIVE FULL CONTENT.

But they usually only release 3 map packs for Halo games. No more than $30. Still $20 under what you said.
Online passes are only $10. If you buy the game new it is included in the game.

> > I don’t see what ridiculous about getting extra content for paying a little extra. I mean, no game has gone so far as to restrict new players from parts of the experience.
> >
> > I mean, let’s look at some games that have featured extra content:
> >
> > Halo Reach
> >
> > [/li]- Flaming Helmet
> > - Special Chest Piece and Helmet
> >
> >
> > Halo Anniversary
> > - Grunt Funeral Skull
> >
> > Gears of War
> > - Exclusive weapon and character skins for multiplayer
> > - Bonus Medals for completing past games
> >
> > None of these thing hinder the experience of any players. All they do is give a few bonuses to a few players, none of which will changes the over all game experience.
> >
> > So, I am for pre-order bonuses, extra content in higher game editions, and unlockable content linked to previous entries in the series. I do not see how it does harm to anyone.
>
> You forgot to mention Halo 3. You needed the maps to play online. Also MP fees besides Live are starting to increase.
>
> It doesnt matter if it doesnt hinder the experience, but a lot of people like having all the content in a game they buy, and people now have to do a lot of extra Yoink! just to do that.

MP fee’s increasing? By what, $10 a year? It’s not that big a deal. You pay that once a year, and that’s it. And it gets you full access to all that XBL has to offer.

The various editions and map packs are optional ad-ons, and you do not get the right to them just for having purchased the game.

the $50 was an average, since a few games like CoD are making it so you need an online pass. They do range though, its just an estimate.

If your talking about the DLC and expansions, then yea i agree that $50 is out of line. Like other post, halos are about $35 all together, if you want all DLC

Also, if you ever played Halo3, MP maps were mandatory.

I’ll agree with you slightly on this. I remember splitting each cost of each map pack with my brothers, and remembering how great the maps where, especially foundry and standoff, but the last few DLC’s where disappointing. The Maps on the ODST MP disc weren’t as great as the first few. Even then, I don’t think I own a game with all the DLC available. I own Reach’s Noble map pack and Since I bought it, I play on a map from it in 1 of every hundred or so matches. I also have played on Anniversary’s maps and where dissapointed in a few of them, and I don’t think there worth $15.

Also, you have Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Amazon, and a few others.

I didn’t know that Walmart and Target had Pre-order bonuses. If i remember correctly, the only bonus Reach had was a Recon helmet, and it was available at all stores. If only all games only had 1 pre order bonus. but still multiple bonuses are released to buy later on.

If 343 Industries is with Microsoft and Microsoft owns Xbox Live, I’m pretty sure they won’t add some extra online pass crap. Xbox Live is the online pass. -.-