Halo 4: What should return/be added/removed?

Title for reference.

Anyway, I definitely think the BR should make a return. (Maybe make it hitscan?) I also think that equipment should come back to replace AAs. I wouldn’t mind the Beam Rifle coming back either.
As for stuff that should be added, the first thing on my list is a water vehicle of some sort. I think it would be cool to have a water-hog. Basically a motorboat with a warthog gun in the back.

AAs have to be removed, as well as bloom. Halo 4 needs to feel like Halo again, and those two mechanics have no business in a Halo game IMO. I want to be blown out of the water with this game.

So, thoughts?

> So, thoughts?

Honestly my first thought is “Why does there need to be yet another thread for this?? There’s already upteen number of them…”

i want more than 2 species choices. By that i mean you should be able to be either Spartan, Elite, or Brute. and i also think species shouldnt affect gameplay, like how in Reach Elites are bigger targets and can take more hits and dont need health packs

> i want more than 2 species choices. By that i mean you should be able to be either Spartan, Elite, or Brute. and i also think species shouldnt affect gameplay, like how in Reach Elites are bigger targets and can take more hits and dont need health packs

Ehh, I kind of liked the way Reach handled it. I mean come on, who wants Elites to come back to SWAT?

> > i want more than 2 species choices. By that i mean you should be able to be either Spartan, Elite, or Brute. and i also think species shouldnt affect gameplay, like how in Reach Elites are bigger targets and can take more hits and dont need health packs
>
> Ehh, I kind of liked the way Reach handled it. I mean come on, who wants Elites to come back to SWAT?

Dino power!!

br returns

armor abilities got to go

RETURN: SMG’s. PLEASE. Thank you. :3

add forerunner to all that
forerunner higher weapon damage lower health
brutes higher health lower weapon damage
elites highergun damage lower health
spartans middway

AAs and Bloom removed
Bring the BR back
^^^^^^
There we have a fantastic Halo game again is that so hard 343? :slight_smile:

What are AA’s/bloom?

No bloom. No AA’s

> What are AA’s/bloom?

armor abilites.
Bloom is DMR/pistol/AR/other weapons recoil, when the crosshair gets twice its size after firing. allowing the people that spray and pray to win over the person that takes their time and aims for the head.

I don’t like Bloom, but I wouldn’t mind if it was included

Battle Rifle:semi auto, Assault rifle:2x zoom

Okay, I have no idea why everyone seems to hate AA’s. I personally love them and can’t think of playing it without them anymore. I think AA’s should return and there should be even more armor choices.

I’d like the reticle of the presicion weapon of Halo 4 to be like the DMRs reticle when it was shot in the damnation gameplay video.

Weapons and equipment

add a new grenade ‘homies’ - which would home-on an opponent but would explode when its x-meters away from it. Should not kill a full health spartan but should do damage equivalent of 2 DMR bullets !!!
return equipment
return DMR/BR (i like both :)). I like the new range of DMR - so if BR is returning then add some range to it.
return SMG.
return shorter range shotgun.
return mauler.
return Sniper like reach but smaller hitscan or bullet-magnetism.
Return Grenade Lawnchair - one of the best weapon in reach
fix plasma lawunchair - it is overpowered
return focus rifle with a little boost to it
return missile pod
Add weapon tweaking - like clipsize, rate of fire etc - would allow creating awesome new gametypes
In AA pickup gametypes allow the AA of a dead person to be picked up immediately - like grenates and weapons
nerf grenades a teeny-weeny bit - now that in TU the default speed has been tweaked - it means that grenades have already been tweaked a bit.
add new weapon - needle blaster - would be covie equivalent of shotgun.

Movement and Speed

Make sure default jump height makes us feel like a spartan

Health

Health pack vs Health regen
Add option to tweak sheilds to invincible - so that only headshots are registered. (This might already be in :P)

Vehicles

Tweak - Vehicle health more like H3 than H:R -
tweak - Banshee is too overpowered - balance it
return rocket on warthog (forgive my ignorance i forgot the actual name of the vehicle) - love that vehicle

Playlists

1-50 ranking Definitely :slight_smile: - i loved playing for a skill based rank rather than to gather cr. Arena sucks :(.
Ranks / skill should be win based rather than individual score based. Ppl in H3 used to debate that rank should be individual based (i was not one of them)- and now hope they would have learnt their lesson and would like to come back to win based ranking.
Try and find a fix for boosters !!!

Gametypes

return headhunter
return stockpile
return VIP
return rocket hog race.
add if possible - i personally cant think of any new gametype
return Spantan vs Elite gametypes

AAs

Like most of the things AAs can be fixed/tweaked - now that their unbalance nature is known they too like weapons can be balanced. But i think that AA might not return as someone from 343 said that in H4 trailer MasterChief is not wearing a jetpack but a space-propellor or something. (dont have link to prove that :frowning: ). I would definitely like them too come back - at least if I wanted I should be able to play them in “Customs”
Allow AA tweaking - i know it would be extremely tough but worth a shot. Things like its duration/rate at which AA burns. For each AA capability to tweak it like removing radar jammers for Camo.

Armor

Add more for other players - personally not really intersted in dressing up my spartan but is fun before match starts :).

Halo Stats

return Shots fired vs shots missed for every weapon
return average kill and death distance for every weapon
make APIs free - so that apps can be developed faster. obviously the apps created would not be saleable but would be free.

Maps

remove swordbase
return narrows - loved that map

Graphics

Improve it as much as possible but focus should remain more on gameplay. Halo is not BF3/COD.
Add visual cues to recognise the AA of a player by looking at him - the cue should be visible from front and back.

Forge and spawns

Add some color to it.
Allow spawning of weapons if they have been dropped at fixed time. Or if they are dropped after their spawn time then they should be spawned immediately.
return bro-spawns
add an option to choose your spawn point (ofcourse the choice will be restricted to one of your teams spawn points )

Theater

Add multiple simultaneous views.
If possible add more accuracy to opponent screens.

Firefight

Add firefight against spartans - this would allow us to actually practice our shooting on real opponents.

Commendations

Add more if possible - I know removing AAs would reduce a lot of commendations.

halo3 updated is basically what I want:

-better graphics
-better netcode
-1-50 mixed in with the divisions, so you can have like a bronze 50, silver 50 etc etc.(no seasons though)
-some extra equipment
-dedicated servers, because the only thing that made halo3 unbearable sometimes was the lag.
-awesome maps( the pit, gaurdian, construct, narrows, blackout, valhalla)
-balanced maps
-MAKE IT HALO!?!?!

How about something, Urm whats the word, uhh… oh yes N.E.W… :slight_smile:

> halo3 updated is basically what I want:
>
> -better graphics
> -better netcode
> -1-50 mixed in with the divisions, so you can have like a bronze 50, silver 50 etc etc.(no seasons though)
> -some extra equipment
> -dedicated servers, because the only thing that made halo3 unbearable sometimes was the lag.
> -awesome maps( the pit, gaurdian, construct, narrows, blackout, valhalla)
> -balanced maps
> -MAKE IT HALO!?!?!

If this guy gets what he wants i’ll just go and kill myself O_o