Halo 4: What defines this game?

What is it exactly about this game that makes you play/not play it?

With everything that has happened up until now, it keeps my mind jogging with that question.

I keep seeing people pound on this game because of one specific focus and then call Halo 4 a garbage game because of it. What defines Halo 4 for you and why do you play it?

I’m not here to bash or even praising this game, but rather I’d like to know why YOU, believe the game is as you see it.

I mainly play it for story, I usually replay the campaign/SpOps, I play it for fun otherwise

The Multiplayer.

Campaign is alright, but there’s no reason to go back through it again, and the story is nothing special.

Spartan Ops is interesting but it died when Season 1 ended. They’ve shown no signs of making a new season.

It is definitely not the fan base. Don’t even get me started.

> It is definitely not the fan base. Don’t even get me started.

Why would you even say that? Obvious flamebait is obvious.
There are literally no good gaming communities out there, regardless of what you say, each community has its own problems.

OT: Multi-player, I will always play through the campaign first and then again co-op with friends, but other than that I have no real reason to play through it.

I don’t play Halo 4 because the multi-player infuriates me. I liked Halo, the Arena shooter, not the class based shooter.

The campaign and the spartan ops first. The multiplayer second.

> > It is definitely not the fan base. Don’t even get me started.
>
> Why would you even say that? Obvious flamebait is obvious.
> There are literally no good gaming communities out there, regardless of what you say, each community has its own problems.
>
> OT: Multi-player, I will always play through the campaign first and then again co-op with friends, but other than that I have no real reason to play through it.
>
> I don’t play Halo 4 because the multi-player infuriates me. <mark>I liked Halo, the Arena shooter, not the class based shooter</mark>.

You are calling something some Halo fans enjoy not ‘Halo’.

Smells of flamebait.

For me it was just campaign and Spartan Ops.

For most people, it is all about the multiplayer. I assume that most Halo players (or just most active on Halo) are multiplayer kids. And multiplayer/War Games is most influenced and defined by the inclusion of loadouts.

> You are calling something some Halo fans enjoy not ‘Halo’.
>
> Smells of flamebait.

I shall expand what I said just so that you can comprehend.
I liked Halo when it was an Arena Shooter, not the new Halo that is a class-based shooter.

Nice try though.

> > You are calling something some Halo fans enjoy not ‘Halo’.
> >
> > Smells of flamebait.
>
> I shall expand what I said just so that you can comprehend.
> I liked Halo when it was an Arena Shooter, not the new Halo that is a class-based shooter.
>
> Nice try though.

Nice of you to try and belittle me, are you really that arrogant?

The game is both, there’s this marvelous thing called customisation. If a thing as simple as classes annoy you that much, you’re an extremely irritable person. That would explain this ‘flamebaiting’

Like all Halo games, I buy it for Campaign only

> Nice of you to try and belittle me, are you really that arrogant?
>
> The game is both, there’s this marvelous thing called customisation. If a thing as simple as classes annoy you that much, you’re an extremely irritable person. That would explain this ‘flamebaiting’

You called me out for baiting, when I did nothing of the sort… And yes, I really am that arrogant.

> > Well Halo 4 is sort of a Arena Shooter, it’s become more a Hybrid of Arena and Class/Arcade. Since you still can’t spawn with power weapons and you need to find them on the map.
> >
> > But I can sort of see what you’re saying… Wasn’t there that Arena Shooter Nexuis or something like that released on steam recently?
>
> No. Halo 4 has completely abandoned the idea of being an Arena shooter. Because the basic principle of the arena shooter isn’t the power weapons - thought that is a core part - it’s that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER, REGARDLESS OF PLAYTIME OR EXPERIENCE STARTS EVERY GAME EXACTLY THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE.
>
> In an actual Arena Shooter, everyone spawns with the same weapon. The same grenades. The same inherent abilities. You may acquire others from the map or other players, but every you respawn or a new game starts, everyone starts at the same exact place.
>
> Halo 4 does not do this.

Source.

Halo 4 is not an Arena Shooter, also Halo 4 being a class-based shooter is one of my many frustrations with this game, I felt no real need to go into depths over it so I simply named one of my issues with the game.

Could both of you just drop it?

> Like all Halo games, I buy it for Campaign only

pretty much this

> Could both of you just drop it?

It’s a debate over Halo 4, I’m supporting my claim and he is trying to prove otherwise.

> The campaign and the spartan ops first. The multiplayer second.

I very much agree with this.

I could be a smart -Yoink- and say that lag defines this game… but I all seriousness it’s the games campaign. I finally feel that the story of Master Chief is “complete”.