halo 4 weapons idea

halo 4 will definently bring some new stuff to our weapons arsenal. but here is an idea i thought might be good to share.

what if halo 4 had 3 variants of a single weapons system? a normal variant, a light variant, and a heavy variant.

heres some examples of what i mean.

Assult variants
normal variant- Assult Rifle - the original halo assult rifle
light variant - SMG (odst) - SMG from halo odst
heavy variant - LMG - hopefully a new weapon, more powerful than AR but greater bloom effect

Persision variants
normal variant- DMR - reach’s persision weapon
light variant - Battle Rifle - halo 2/3 persison weapon, less accurate but better damage
heavy variant - Sniper Rifle - original halo weapon, very accurate but unable to destroy vehicles

Anti-vehicle variants
normal variant- rocket launcher - original halo weapon
light variant - gauss sniper - hopefully a new weapon, can take out vehicle in 2-3 hits
heavy variant - Spartan laser - halo 3 weapon

Please give me your honest opinion. if you’d like, try thinking of more ideas.

id like this a lot better than weapon attatchments

> id like this a lot better than weapon attatchments

thanks, hopefully 343i will like this idea, im really hoping for the gauss sniper idea to be taken into effect. :smiley:

I like the idea of a gaus sniper, especially if it replaced the spartan laser, since its too overpowered against vehicles. Also, whats the LMG stand for?

> I like the idea of a gaus sniper, especially if it replaced the spartan laser, since its too overpowered against vehicles. Also, whats the LMG stand for?

LMG is an abbreviation for Light Machine Gun. Its basically a heavy assult rifle with a lot more ammunition. It would be like a cross between the AR and Turret

> id like this a lot better than weapon attatchments

Same, however I think that the sniper rifle should still do vehicle damage like in Reach, instead of it doing little or no vehicle damage. A weapon of such high caliber should obviously do vehicle damage; 50 cals in life today can stop a vehicle just by one shot to the engine block.

> > id like this a lot better than weapon attatchments
>
> Same, however I think that the sniper rifle should still do vehicle damage like in Reach, instead of it doing little or no vehicle damage. A weapon of such high caliber should obviously do vehicle damage; 50 cals in life today can stop a vehicle just by one shot to the engine block.

True, yet i thought ive heard some people banter about how reach’s sniper being overpowered because it can kill a warthog really quick. maybe there will be some way to balance it out

bring back the br

I love this idea… I just hope they have both SMGs and two different pistols!

> I love this idea… I just hope they have both SMGs and two different pistols!

you just gave me a new idea!

Handgun variants
normal variant - H1 pistol - classic Halo CE pistol and all its glory
light variant - Silenced pistol - Halo ODST weapon
heavy variant - grenade pistol - from the trailer :smiley:

There should possibly be Close-Quarters, featuring maybe a compact, small clip SMG with shredder rounds, the M90A from Halo 3 (maybe bumped up to semi-automatic to compensate for it’s lower damage) and the M45 from Reach with increased range and it’s still huge damage.

> There should possibly be Close-Quarters, featuring maybe a compact, small clip SMG with shredder rounds, the M90A from Halo 3 (maybe bumped up to semi-automatic to compensate for it’s lower damage) and the M45 from Reach with increased range and it’s still huge damage.

hmm, will this work?

CQB variants
normal variant - shotgun - classic halo shotgun
light variant - fisticuffs - option on marathon for fistfighting
heavy variant - double barrel- marathon weapon, double barreled weapon, able to duel wield

if you dont know what marathon is, its an old bungie game. if youd like i’ll post some gameplay.

> > There should possibly be Close-Quarters, featuring maybe a compact, small clip SMG with shredder rounds, the M90A from Halo 3 (maybe bumped up to semi-automatic to compensate for it’s lower damage) and the M45 from Reach with increased range and it’s still huge damage.
>
> hmm, will this work?
>
> CQB variants
> normal variant - shotgun - classic halo shotgun
> light variant - fisticuffs - option on marathon for fistfighting
> heavy variant - double barrel- marathon weapon, double barreled weapon, able to duel wield
>
> if you dont know what marathon is, its an old bungie game. if youd like i’ll post some gameplay.

Yeah, that’s awesome!! And yeah, Marathon was great. A game with a rich story, yet devoid of cutscneces. I haven’t had a chance to play it, but it looks beautiful and I wish to get it someday.

P.S. If there’s any game that deserves a remastering, it’s Marathon. Not sure anybody would want one, though.

I don’t want a lot of weapon redundancy. Halo as a franchise has been good at avoiding this; I hope that continues.

I would also like a return of the following weapons:

-Silenced SMG
-Brute Plasma Rifle (it’s not redundant, it has a different ROF and damage)
-Brute Shot

> > > There should possibly be Close-Quarters, featuring maybe a compact, small clip SMG with shredder rounds, the M90A from Halo 3 (maybe bumped up to semi-automatic to compensate for it’s lower damage) and the M45 from Reach with increased range and it’s still huge damage.
> >
> > hmm, will this work?
> >
> > CQB variants
> > normal variant - shotgun - classic halo shotgun
> > light variant - fisticuffs - option on marathon for fistfighting
> > heavy variant - double barrel- marathon weapon, double barreled weapon, able to duel wield
> >
> > if you dont know what marathon is, its an old bungie game. if youd like i’ll post some gameplay.
>
> Yeah, that’s awesome!! And yeah, Marathon was great. A game with a rich story, yet devoid of cutscneces. I haven’t had a chance to play it, but it looks beautiful and I wish to get it someday.
>
> P.S. If there’s any game that deserves a remastering, it’s Marathon. Not sure anybody would want one, though.

i wish i shared your enthusiasm, but i wasnt a big fan after i bought it. even though i liked the weapons i really didnt enjoy the campaign (i could’nt find my way around). then again, my main reason for getting it was for the reach nameplate.