Halo 4 Weapon: Plasma Cannon

The Plasma Cannon. It would be the equivalent to the human rocket launcher.

Basically, this gun would fire mini wraith shots. Like the wraith, the shot would have a trajectory, so if you want to hit something at long range you would have to aim above it. The blast would be pretty powerful, but not as overpowered as the wraith. Basically, if someone is within a five-foot radius of where the blast hits they will be taken out. This means you can kill multiple people with one shot, but only if they are very close to each other. Also, this weapon would be great for taking out vehicles. For example, if you hit a warthog directly you could take it out, but considering how the plasma moves somewhat slowly, getting a direct shot on a moving target would be difficult. As for ammo, the gun would have maybe four or five shots, depending on the map.

So, what do you guys think?

I need a weapon.

yea its called a fuel rod!!! it = Rocket Launcher…:\

So…a cross between the Plasma Launcher and the Revenant’s main cannon? That’s what it sounds like to me.

It would be an interesting addition, but covies already have a lot of bouncing exploding weapons of colorful death (Fuel Rod, Plasma Cannon, Brute Shot/Concussion Rifle, etc.) so unless it’s projectiles are yellow I don’t see it really adding to the gameplay at all…

> yea its called a fuel rod!!! it = Rocket Launcher…:\

And it -Yoinking!- bounces.

Its SO weak in Reach.

You can’t pull off the jump-aim-at-ground shots like with the Rockets, because they would bounce and hit some ceiling.

And the splash damage is low, and so is the amount of damage.

They’d better buff it.

Wasn’t the Convenant version of the turret in Halo 3 called the Plasma cannon?

The more correct terminology would be a plasma mortar cannon.

It wouldn’t work, we already have the concussion rifle, fuel rod gun, and plasma launcher. Another heavy weapon would just be redundant. I would rather have a focus cannon(or locust cannon) as another covie heavy weapon.

> > yea its called a fuel rod!!! it = Rocket Launcher…:
>
> And it -Yoinking!- bounces.
>
> Its SO weak in Reach.
>
> You can’t pull off the jump-aim-at-ground shots like with the Rockets, because they would bounce and hit some ceiling.
>
> And the splash damage is low, and so is the amount of damage.
>
> They’d better buff it.

That’s Reach, Halo 2 and Halo 3 They Where Over Powered, Seeing as Halo Reach took Place Before Halo 2,3 it makes Sence, It Makes it look like the Covy Weapons Grew in power.

> > > yea its called a fuel rod!!! it = Rocket Launcher…:
> >
> > And it -Yoinking!- bounces.
> >
> > Its SO weak in Reach.
> >
> > You can’t pull off the jump-aim-at-ground shots like with the Rockets, because they would bounce and hit some ceiling.
> >
> > And the splash damage is low, and so is the amount of damage.
> >
> > They’d better buff it.
>
> That’s Reach, Halo 2 and Halo 3 They Where Over Powered, Seeing as Halo Reach took Place Before Halo 2,3 it makes Sence, It Makes it look like the Covy Weapons Grew in power.

The only problem is that covenant weapons don’t change, they don’t improve. So, it really doesn’t make sense.

r u serious Example Plasma Pistol in halo ce and halo 2 u can kill ppl or emp them vs (halo 3 and halo 3 odst you are able to freeze vehicles) not only take out shileds and shot the enemy. Growth does happen in the covy.

> The Plasma Cannon. It would be the equivalent to the human rocket launcher.
>
> Basically, this gun would fire mini wraith shots. Like the wraith, the shot would have a trajectory, so if you want to hit something at long range you would have to aim above it. The blast would be pretty powerful, but not as overpowered as the wraith. Basically, if someone is within a five-foot radius of where the blast hits they will be taken out. This means you can kill multiple people with one shot, but only if they are very close to each other. Also, this weapon would be great for taking out vehicles. For example, if you hit a warthog directly you could take it out, but considering how the plasma moves somewhat slowly, getting a direct shot on a moving target would be difficult. As for ammo, the gun would have maybe four or five shots, depending on the map.
>
> So, what do you guys think?
>
>
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
> I need a weapon.

Plasma Cannons you say?

Covenant Rocket Launcher you say?

> r u serious Example Plasma Pistol in halo ce and halo 2 u can kill ppl or emp them vs (halo 3 and halo 3 odst you are able to freeze vehicles) not only take out shileds and shot the enemy. Growth does happen in the covy.

Gameplay growth happens in the games. Bungie simply realized that EMP;s should EMP vehicles.

They shouldn’t grow so much in the span of 3 months.

This idea reminds me a lot of the Halo 1 PC Fuel Rod Gun. It acted almost exactly as how you describe it, being a mortar that you need to arc to use properly. Here’s a video showing off the gun in action.

Of course, you can see why having only four or five shots wouldn’t work well.

Just so you know:

Type one plasma cannon

Class two plasma cannon

Heavy Plasma cannon

Medium plasma mortar

Gravity Cannon

Heavy Plasma Mortar

Fuel rod cannon

35mm autocannon

Focus cannon

Heavy needle cannon

Stasis cannon

assault cannon

Type 27 anti air cannon

Type 38 anti air cannon

Fuel rod gun which is basically the covenant equivalent to the rocket launcher

Plasma launcher, due to needing to be charged it is basically the covenant version of the spartan laser

it should find it’s trajectory automatically like the mortar on GoW3. so you aim your crosshair where you want the mortar to hit, and it will automatically find the right angle to shoot, maybe this could be a new stationary turret like the Shade.

> > yea its called a fuel rod!!! it = Rocket Launcher…:
>
> And it -Yoinking!- bounces.
>
> Its SO weak in Reach.
>
> You can’t pull off the jump-aim-at-ground shots like with the Rockets, because they would bounce and hit some ceiling.
>
> And the splash damage is low, and so is the amount of damage.
>
> They’d better buff it.

The Fuel Rod was never meant to be stronger than the Rocket Launcher, its weaker but shoots faster.

> it should find it’s trajectory automatically like the mortar on GoW3. so you aim your crosshair where you want the mortar to hit, and it will automatically find the right angle to shoot, maybe this could be a new stationary turret like the Shade.

They said they wanted a covenant equivalent to the human rocket launcher which there already is XD

> The more correct terminology would be a plasma mortar cannon.
>
> It wouldn’t work, we already have the concussion rifle, fuel rod gun, and plasma launcher. Another heavy weapon would just be redundant. I would rather have a focus cannon(or locust cannon) as another covie heavy weapon.

Yet all 3 of those guns could use improvements. Ditching all 3 for a mortar cannon that’s similar to the human rocket launcher could be a good idea. In Halo PC, I used to swap the rocket launcher projectile for the Wraith mortar. It felt pretty good, especially since I had to aim like the Wraith rather than simply putting the crosshair on an enemy.

A locust cannon sounds interesting though. Would it drain the user’s shield if it has that overdrive ability from Halo Wars?

> > The more correct terminology would be a plasma mortar cannon.
> >
> > It wouldn’t work, we already have the concussion rifle, fuel rod gun, and plasma launcher. Another heavy weapon would just be redundant. I would rather have a focus cannon(or locust cannon) as another covie heavy weapon.
>
> Yet all 3 of those guns could use improvements. Ditching all 3 for a mortar cannon that’s similar to the human rocket launcher could be a good idea. In Halo PC, I used to swap the rocket launcher projectile for the Wraith mortar. It felt pretty good, especially since I had to aim like the Wraith rather than simply putting the crosshair on an enemy.
>
> A locust cannon sounds interesting though. Would it drain the user’s shield if it has that overdrive ability from Halo Wars?

I think it wouldnt have overdrive(That would be awesome though). Perhaps though it could do low DPS at the start and slowly build up to doing much higher DPS like the overdrive ability. IF it did have overdrive, it could cause the weapon to do massive amounts of damage but, like the locust, have the trade off of draining your sheilds to boost damage.

Good suggestion, random internet forum poster! we’ll be sure to add it to the final game!
(This isn’t some indie game you know :/)