halo 4 weapon mods

even though i love all of the halo weapons and would never want to change anything about them wouldnt it be cool for maybe in halo 4 we could put mods on our weapons.

What do you guys think

Go play COD

NO!

no

NO NO NO!

Sure, why not? It would be a tactical choice, as all things must be, so maybe a mod takes the place of your secondary weapon or what. It might work if:

A Grenade Launcher would replace your ability to throw grenades?

A Suppressor would fill your secondary slot?

There’s no reason to flatly deny the existence of modular weapons. This is the future anyway, Halo is bound to use something 10 times better than what CoD can offer.

Jeeze guys, lets try to be more supportive, lol

Im almost sure weapon mods were confirmed somewhere…

But the only way I could see it working is to find the mods themselves around the map when you spawn and you have to scavenge the map for one, some mods are made for specific weapons. So in Halo’s Spawn-Run-Kill-Die-Repeat formula, since you’d die so easily, the chance of you getting to a mod would be more rare.

CANNOT be done the COD/BF way where you unlock mods as you rank, and/or choose them in Loadouts.

The mods would have to be things like:

-Overheater Mod(attatch it to Semi-Automatic Covenant weapons; slightly increases firing and overheating rate, and changes projectile color, ex: Brute PR, a Red Energy Sword with increased lunge)

-Flashlight

-Double Barrel(for Shotgun)

Stuff like that.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO…

As long as it still fells like halo this idea could work. The pick ups for mods are a good idea and that would keep the halo feel to it.

I hope there isn’t any weapon modifications…we don’t need any more unnecessary “unlocks” in games.

Keep it balanced and fun…I personally don’t want this to become a grind fest.

That’s the one thing I really like about Halo.

Why is everyone just blindingly saying “NO”? I doubt half of you people couldn’t think of why it shouldn’t be in Halo 4.

For god sake NO.

> Jeeze guys, lets try to be more supportive, lol
>
>
> Im almost sure weapon mods were confirmed somewhere…
>
> But the only way I could see it working is to find the mods themselves around the map when you spawn and you have to scavenge the map for one, some mods are made for specific weapons. So in Halo’s Spawn-Run-Kill-Die-Repeat formula, since you’d die so easily, the chance of you getting to a mod would be more rare.
>
> CANNOT be done the COD/BF way where you unlock mods as you rank, and/or choose them in Loadouts.
>
> The mods would have to be things like:
>
> -Overheater Mod(attatch it to Semi-Automatic Covenant weapons; slightly increases firing and overheating rate, and changes projectile color, ex: Brute PR, a Red Energy Sword with increased lunge)
>
> -Flashlight
>
> -Double Barrel(for Shotgun)
>
> Stuff like that.

Why be supportive? It’s a terrible idea. It destroys the point of everyone having the same weapon.

Also, it wasn’t confirmed. People just jumped the gun when they saw Chief reloading the flaregun thing in the E3 trailer, and thought it was a weapon mod.

here’s what i think. lets have a whole selection( as in forge,custom games, campaign) and have it dedicated to new ideas that are unsure of. basically itll be custom games, but you can go beyond regular custom game settings and do alot more. is it halo? idk. but will it harm halo? no it won’t. simple if you’ve somehow managed to understand what i mean

I think instead of weapon mods we should be able to edit things like shots to kill, ROF, etc. in the custom game options so that then everyone will still have the same weapon. It is a must since if the ideal sandbox is all the weapons countering eachother. What if a creator doesn’t want to include a certain weapon in his map. That would make the weapons that would have been balanced OP. My point is that we should be able to edit weapon settings in custom game options to compensate for a weapon not being a part of the map.

good idea. but its just not halo. humans , the covie, the forerunners, all have advanced weaponry that doesn’t need attachments or mods.

I would rather have a better Weapon Sandbox instead of this. I don’t want to get beat by the gun. I want to get beat by the player. The more I think about it the less this idea appeals to me.

No, because that completely removes the point of Halo’s weapon system. You have two weapons, only two, and must decide which ones to keep and which ones to get rid of depending on the situation. If you could just customize a weapon to make it superior to everything else then it takes away all the fun.

Not to mention that Halo (unlike CoD, where this idea works great) is an FPS that focuses on weapon placement around the map, and once again of switching out weapons depending on the situation. Customizing your weapons would remove this aspect of the game and make Halo less unique and arguably less fun.

no

> Jeeze guys, lets try to be more supportive, lol
>
>
> Im almost sure weapon mods were confirmed somewhere…
>
> But the only way I could see it working is to find the mods themselves around the map when you spawn and you have to scavenge the map for one, some mods are made for specific weapons. So in Halo’s Spawn-Run-Kill-Die-Repeat formula, since you’d die so easily, the chance of you getting to a mod would be more rare.
>
> CANNOT be done the COD/BF way where you unlock mods as you rank, and/or choose them in Loadouts.
>
> The mods would have to be things like:
>
> -Overheater Mod(attatch it to Semi-Automatic Covenant weapons; slightly increases firing and overheating rate, and changes projectile color, ex: Brute PR, a Red Energy Sword with increased lunge)
>
> -Flashlight
>
> -Double Barrel(for Shotgun)
>
> Stuff like that.

I guess it’s ok but only in Action sack or custom games. And to a very LIMITED extent. If 343 goes crazy with this, halo will turn into garry’s mod.