halo 4 water

I hope 343 makes the water look good like halo 3. Remember in halo 3 when weapons and bodies would float in the water! Halo reach’s water looked bad. Has anyone seen any close ups of the water from halo 4?

I hope we can swim. :slight_smile: Welcome to Waypoint.

I agree.
Just being on Valhalla and watching the awesome water go through the map was just mesmerizing to look at. The ripples, the waves, splashes, water physics, and the way it reflected the sun-- just perfection.

Yeah! That’s why I liked that map so much.

Yeah, Halo 3 had far greater water physics than Reach’s. Hopefully Halo 4 will have something similar to or preferably better than Halo 3’s.

I have a water -Yoink!- too…

> > Yeah! That’s why I liked that map so much.

I still don’t think we’re allowed to talk about that…

I just hope we make realistic splashes. 1/2 ton Spartans falling from a thousand feet up shouldn’t just go “Plop”.

Agreed I was disappointed with Reach’s water effects.

> > > Yeah! That’s why I liked that map so much.
>
> I still don’t think we’re allowed to talk about that…
>
> I just hope we make realistic splashes. 1/2 ton Spartans falling from a thousand feet up shouldn’t just go “Plop”.

we’re still not allowed to talk about it?

Why is this even a thread?
-_______________________-

Reach’s water was good, really. It looked nice and had proper physics. MJOLNIR is not buoyant. If the half ton suit would be laying in a shallow stream of water, it wouldn’t make sense to be carried away by it.

Don’t get me wrong, I in fact liked Halo 3’s physics and water because it was ‘funner’, but it didn’t make that much sense though.

Skyrim water! nah, that just wouldn’t fit.

> > > Yeah! That’s why I liked that map so much.
>
> I still don’t think we’re allowed to talk about that…

Sorry, I wasn’t that it was leaked. Anyway, I removed the leaked contents of my posts, so hopefully I won’t get in any trouble with the moderators.

> Reach’s water was good, really. It looked nice and had proper physics. MJOLNIR is not buoyant. If the half ton suit would be laying in a shallow stream of water, it wouldn’t make sense to be carried away by it.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, I in fact liked Halo 3’s physics and water because it was ‘funner’, but it didn’t make that much sense though.

Physics wise they were good, as far as visual style Halo 3 takes it, which is why I’d like a combo of the 2. (crossed fingers)

I thought you meant halo 4 liscenced water.

I don’t drink soft drinks or eat chips so no Mountain Dew or Doritos for me.

> Why is this even a thread?
> -_______________________-

Why not? It’s a pretty good topic to discuss imo. I’ve always had an interest in water for video games. Water is tricky. Some developers know how to make it look right, but when it comes to interactions, it falls short. And then some developers know how to make it great when it comes to interactions, but the water looks flat and dull.

We shall see how 343 delivered.

You gotta admit that it doesn’t make sense for a half ton super soldier to float down a stream but still I agree.

I loved it when you died in water on H3 Valhalla and the kill cam followed your body down river.

Water’s fine and dandy until it leaks out all over the place.

Got it?

> Water’s fine and dandy until it leaks out all over the place.
>
> Got it?

ICWHATUDIDTHERE!