Halo 4 was Rushed

I just think Halo 4 was rushed, and lacks attention to detail, for many reasons in all the game modes.

Spartan Ops:

• Spartan Ops only uses sections from the campaign, and in the second episode 4 of the chapters were sections of level that were already in the first episode, lazy much?

• The dialogue is repetitive, boring and full of stupid cliches, they could’ve spent more time coming up with better dialogue.

• The missions, above all are boring as all hell, you fight through enemies to press a button, which spawns more enemies, which you fight through to press a button, rinse and repeat.

• The spawn points are dreadful, sometimes i’ll be killed by a horde of elites, only to spawn within spooning distance of them.

Campaign:

• Certain areas have invisible walls, and these aren’t far from the beaten path areas either, they’re the kind of place you may just try to take cover, only to walk into an invisible wall, instead of filling these areas in they just chucked an invisible wall in to save time.

• The Animations that play when you activate a button are just stupid and redundant, the days spent making them could have been put to much better use.

• There are no memorable levels, even the Mantis level was pretty boring. Levels from Halo 3 like The Covenant and The Storm were amazing. In Halo 4 at least 80% of each one is spent on foot and don’t have any “ZOMG THAT WAS -Yoinking!- AWESOME!” moments. None of the levels seem to have had much thought put into them.

• The enemies are dumb as vegetables, sometimes you’ll start firing a needler at an elite, so he’ll turn around and start chucking a grenade at you, only to get blown up before it even leaves his hand. Enemies also frequently get stuck and just continuously walk into a wall.

• The stupid button-mashing cut-scenes like when the elite rushes you in the first level and when you try to plant the grenade on the Didact are just stupid. I don’t want to press a button 17 times to punch an elite in the face, I just want to see the Master Chief throw him over his shoulder and move on. Once again, the time spent making these could have been put to better use.

Matchmaking:

• There are a horrendous amount of glitch spots that are exploited on Oddball and Flood mode. These could easily have been avoided with a Beta.

• The lack of maps is horrid, there are 4 or 5 small maps and 3-4 big ones and most of them are crap, the combat is either random as all hell or focused around one point (like the building on Complex).

• The lack of a Beta is the most telling thing, it clearly just shows that rather than launching one to polish the game as much as possible they wanted it out quickly.

Forge:

• Almost every single thing in Forge is a re-skin of a piece from Reach, once again done to save time.

• Lack of the Zoom feature that allowed you to line things up more accurately, clearly in their haste to add this stupid magnet feature they forgot about it.

Customs:

• It’s clear as day that this was abolished to save time, lack of options and lack of classic game-types are a testament to this.

TL:DR; Consider the Fact that Halo 2 and 3 had a Three Year development process. Now consider the fact that Reach was launched only 2 years ago, and that 343 also made CEA in this space of time.

Yep, i totally agree. The multiplayer was great the day of launch, but not its an absolutely atrocious unbalanced piece of garbage. Its virtually unplayable. Its very sad for me to say this, but this game…its -Yoinked!- up.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Yep, i totally agree. The multiplayer was great the day of launch, but not its an absolutely atrocious unbalanced piece of garbage. Its virtually unplayable. Its very sad for me to say this, but this game…its fu**ed up.

Halo 4 was started after Halo 3, not after Halo Reach’s release. It’s been more than three years. Or so I thought.

> Halo 4 was started after Halo 3, not after Halo Reach’s release. It’s been more than three years. Or so I thought.

Yeah you’d think so but when you look at the actual game, it looks like it was put together in a year and a half. OR, maybe it was being developed one was but then since it’s a Microsoft company,they changed everything up to compete with COD

> * The stupid button-mashing cut-scenes like when the elite rushes you in the first level and when you try to plant the grenade on the Didact are just stupid. I don’t want to press a button 17 times to punch an elite in the face, I just want to see the Master Chief throw him over his shoulder and move on. Once again, the time spent making these could have been put to better use.

You just press the button once…

Honestly I love halo, and ill pay this out til it breaks but im really upset with this game overall.

The maps are TERRIBLE. remake guardian or lockout. SOMETHING PEOPLE LOVED.
Not Valhalla with a mech on it? WTF.

343 should know by now, people aren’t happy with these drastic changed to MP. smh.
343 What are you doing?

With the scene with the Elite you only press the button once…

Oh nevermind, I’m not gonna even bother.

> Halo 4 was started after Halo 3, not after Halo Reach’s release. It’s been more than three years. Or so I thought.

343 started forming after halo 3. I remember years ago looking at the very vague website for 343i that was looking to hire, and halo 4 being a popular rumor. I dont know when they started development but it def was a WHILE after halo 3.

I kind of agree, I said that to my friend the other day, felt the game was rushed.

The graphics are great but the gameplay… not so much.

After Halo 3 it seems like they took away a lot of things and just made Halo 4 bland… Why?

Yea, I also feel like this game was completely rushed. The amount of little bugs makes it seem more like a cod game than Halo. The graphics and sound are great, but the actual gameplay is all out of wack. I agree completely with everything you said about spartan ops and the campaign. In every Halo game before this one I have always had a favorite mission or two but this one I barely even enjoyed.

It was either rushed or 343 were lazy. Take your pick. The evidence for this is seen throughout Halo 4, from copying and pasting stuff directly from Halo Reach into Halo 4, the removal of staple Halo features like Assault, the lack of custom game options, poor multiplayer maps and the poorly designed menu system.

Rather than doing these things properly they pushed the game out half-baked. If 343 were to do it right they should have done a public beta to work out the issues and they shouldn’t have cut so many corners.

I still think Halo 4 is a good game, but these shortcomings stop it from being a great game.

well you’re one petty yoink. the most memorable events in the campaign were meeting up with infinity, releasing the didact, attempting to destroy the composer, and delivering the nuke in a broadsword. Awesome.

Meh, i found Halo 4 to be more polished than say, the obviously rushed for stealing COD sales of BF 3 and BF 3: Medal of Honor Warfigther expansion pack.

:stuck_out_tongue:

> > * The stupid button-mashing cut-scenes like when the elite rushes you in the first level and when you try to plant the grenade on the Didact are just stupid. I don’t want to press a button 17 times to punch an elite in the face, I just want to see the Master Chief throw him over his shoulder and move on. Once again, the time spent making these could have been put to better use.
>
> You just press the button once…

I see real edumacation in these threads don’t you?

No memorable levels? Perhaps if you forget about stepping out of the cave during your first moment on Requiem, or the section where you pilot a Pelican that has a Spartan Laser attachment I might add. Oh, and there’s also several optional vehicular sections, something that previous games have lacked.

To be clear about the lack of gametypes, the ones we have underwent extensive changes including reballancing. This is probably why there aren’t more of them… as to the lack of forge world items, we already had a lot, and the reach assortment worked well enough.

Also, FOD and SOps… and the improved graphics probably took up a lot of their time.

It’s their first original game ever. Give them some slack.

@ 343: You did just fine.

I agree with everything minus spartan ops. That I thought was incredible because it set a new precedent for more (free) content to be released. We reaally can’t complain about features that are extra and free.

I completely agree that Flood was messed up. The pistol is virtually useless (if you start shooting someone they fly away to be killed by someone else before the 4th shot) and it is much too different from the classic zombies on foundation back in the day, if you know what I mean.

Also, as much as I lovelovelove HLG, I feel like the maps are super shoddy. Youc an get out of Ragnarok with just a jetpack and in the mission Shurtdown, can skip all the way to rally point Delta by flying the pelican through a hole in a wall. The really telling thing is that all of the map geometry is simply painted on. When I was looking for good jump spots on Adrift, I learned that all the pipes and stuff had no substance and were just flat images.

Am I missing something here? No memorable moments throughout the campaign? I guess flying after the Didact wasn’t awesome at all?

Nope. Can’t say it was. * Sarcasm*