Halo 4... Voices in Matchmaking

I liked having voices for FF in Halo Reach but I think they should be usable in MM, firefight, and custom games.

They will be legacy unlocks (untill if I know or not Halo 4 will have a currency system), some will be easy to get, but they will be fun.

Examples for voice unlocks:

Captain Keyes- Beats Halo CEA on Legendary

Master Chief- Beat Halo 4 on Legendary

Cortana- Beat Halo 3 on Legendary

Johnson- Save Johnson from the Brutes in Halo 3 Legendary (first mission)

Dare- Collect all 30 audio logs in ODST

Buck- Beat Halo ODST on Legendary

Dutch- unlock the vidmaster challenge classic

Romeo- snipe 100 people in Halo 4 Matchmaking

Mickey- Kill 150 people with explosive ordinance

Sargent Forge- Beta Halo wars on insane

Professor anders- Beat Halo wars any difficulty co-op

Marine voice- Unlocked at start

Cater- Beat Halo Reach on Legendary

Kat- collect every single data pad on halo Reach

Jun- assassinate 250 people in MM or campaign in Reach

Jorge- Get a Killtacular in Halo Reach MM

Emile- killed 200 people with the shotgun in Reach MM

Covenant voices:

Truth- Unlock the Marathon Man acheivment in Halo 3

Arbiter- unlock ANY acheivment on halo 2 Vista

Elite voice for MM- unlocked at start

Grunt- Killed 1,000 grunts in Halo 3 >:)

Special:

Red vs Blue voice pack: (changes voices based if you are on the red or blue team).

Those are my ideas, what do you think?

Thought this was halo 4?

I think i would be nice I suppose. I mean, they did do this thing with voices in matchmaking in Battlefield 3

> I think i would be nice I suppose. I mean, they did do this thing with voices in matchmaking in Battlefield 3

Halo Reach FF voices were so awesome, I would love to see this expanded in halo 4 with many more characters from the Halo universe.

I suppose my only point against this is the voices might give an enemie’s position away.

Silently creeps into enemy base

Assassinates someone

Voice goes, “AWWW YEAH! EAT IT SUCKA!”

Gets heard and enemy blows him up

That’s really all I got…

Oh definitely, but only if Noble 6 is included as a voice!

That sounds like it would be cool for exactly five minutes.

> That sounds like it would be cool for exactly five minutes.

It would be like armor effects.

You can choose to not use them.

I personally would love to hear voices from Halos’ past.

> That sounds like it would be cool for exactly five minutes.

I kind of agree with this. I like the voices in Firefight, but they could get distracting in multiplayer (where I usually need to concentrate and talk with teammates.)

It wouldn’t hurt to add this feature though. As long as I don’t have to hear other people’s character voices, it would be harmless (and easy to implement.)

> Thought this was halo 4?

I think he’s implying that these unlocks would be facilitated through Halo Waypoint.

Like the idea and you inclued halo wars characters :slight_smile:

You missed having them in forge (there would be some funny spark dialog then) and some good voices like commander miranda keyes, 343 g. spark, superintendent, regret, tartarus, lord hood, gravemind, and more

> Like the idea and you inclued halo wars characters :slight_smile:
>
> You missed having them in forge (there would be some funny spark dialog then) and some good voices like commander miranda keyes, 343 g. spark, superintendent, regret, tartarus, lord hood, gravemind, and more

I think setting them on IWBYD in MM would yield some funny results.

I think everyone should have their own customizable AI with them in MM and you can change their voice to whatever you like for example Cortana’s voice or Serena’s. And they’ll be the announcers for you, like if someone stole your flag you AI will say “Flag stolen!”

> I think everyone should have their own customizable AI with them in MM and you can change their voice to whatever you like for example Cortana’s voice or Serena’s. And they’ll be the announcers for you, like if someone stole your flag you AI will say “Flag stolen!”

That sounds cool for gametypes like invasion.

It is good in theory but apparently Audio Files take a lot of memory. If they have it that’s great but if they cut it due to space I wouldn’t be too disappointed.

Helll yeah. I would love to hear my guy talking -Yoink- and laughing while T-bagging my victim. It will make bad kids even madder.

I dunno, I find having voices in Multiplayer would get distracting and annoying and would likely give out your position if you’re sniping or hiding. I think they’re best left in Firefight.

> I dunno, I find having voices in Multiplayer would get distracting and annoying and would likely give out your position if you’re sniping or hiding. I think they’re best left in Firefight.

Lol. You have to hide while you snipe. How sad.

Gravemind’s voice - Successfully beat down 25 Combat Forms in Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary on Legendary.

This is a great idea, I had been wishing for the same thing just the other day in my love for Sergeant Stacker’s attitude.

The character list is adequate as well, fictional incorrect as most are dead but it’s MM where canon doesn’t apply farther than the maps detail and supposed battle plot.