Halo 4 Vehicles: Which ones make a return?

Hey guys.

A topic I thought might be worth pondering: According to IGN, 2 new vehicles are coming as well as “many of your favorites from the past”.

1st thing to ponder over: What will these new vehicles be? I think it’s a safe bet that the new vehicles will include one from each of the main factions (Covenant are now considered a side-faction (or insert smart -Yoink- technical term here) not a main faction) - the UNSC and the Prometheans. A clue to the possible new vehicle for the UNSC faction, which can be seen all over the internet, is in the fourth campaign picture found on the Halo 4 Screenshots page. It is - what appears to be (at least to me) - a Halo 4 version of the Elephant. At this time, I am at a loss to find any clues as to what the Promethean vehicle may be.

The other thing to mull over is the vehicles that will be returning. As is already confirmed on the Halo 4 Official site, the Warthog, Mongoose and Ghost are unquestionably going to be making a return, with the Ghost in particular sporting a -Yoink!- new glossy-black paint job. I think it is also fair to assume that the Wraith will be returning, along with your’s truly: The Banshee (this Covenant morsel of obvious universal happiness deserves a “the” all it’s own). On the UNSC side I would be surprised not to see the Scorpion return. Obviously, there will be one of the two main UNSC flying vehicles returning, either the Falcon or the beloved Hornet. I wouldn’t be surprised to see both return, actually, much in the same way that both the BR and the DMR are. Those are things I think we can all agree upon. Now to more speculatory matters of speculation (see what I did there? I made up a whole entire word. You should try it sometime!). I personally think that this map “Longbow” is ripe for - believe it or not - some good ol’ Chopper action. The Shade turret might also make a nice appearance, although I think that would fit more in the weapon category than the vehicle category. I think the vehicle that would come closest to surprising me if it does make a return would be the Revenant - even more so than the Prowler.

Those are my thoughts on this interesting topic: let’s hear yours. What do you expect to make a return, what would you like to see make a return, and what are some ideas for an entirely new vehicle all it’s own.

-Alpha Spartan A

DA CHOPPA must make a return. I don’t care if it breaks canon.

In forge, at least…

So far we’ve got the obvious ones like the Ghost, Scorpion, Warthog, Banshee (it’s in the game), Falcon, Wraith, and Mongoose. Who knows what else is being brought back?

Then we have two new mysterious vehicles that have yet be revealed. I wonder what they could be? My guess that one of the new ones is that Mech/Metal Gear Rex shown in some kind of hangar bay and possibly that giant super Elephant.

Some that i think that they have confirmed are mongoose, warthog, elephant, falcon, ghost, and I THINK banshee. I think that they should definitely bring back ALL of the Halo 3 vehicles, and maybe make the phantom and pelican available to use in forge, and possibly the scarab. But I think they should bring the Hornet back online and have the Seraph online, also

> So far we’ve got the obvious ones like the Ghost, Scorpion, Warthog, Banshee (it’s in the game), Falcon, Wraith, and Mongoose. Who knows what else is being brought back?
>
>
> Then we have two new mysterious vehicles that have yet be revealed. I wonder what they could be? My guess that one of the new ones is that Mech/Metal Gear Rex shown in some kind of hangar bay and possibly that giant super Elephant.

The elephant is already confirmed, but its different than the one from Halo 3

I would love to see all the vehicles make a return, there isn’t one I hate although this would be best for custom games.

Also don’t forget in the live action Infinity crash trailer thing, when the troops were lined up in that big city, they were surrounded by awesome - looking jet plane things. I’ve always wanted a plane in Halo.

If you have seen the new video that came out for halo 4 the elephant has changed a lot and the planes in the back round are probly just falcons but modified and also the hornet and the falcon is going to be fun to see together never in halo have they had both together also if you played halo wars were did they get all those different Vehicles in the first place? Pluse there are so many missing blanks that have not be filled yet for halo 4 … When this game comes out it will probly make everything make since… But really I would like to drive a pelican so bad I only got to in reach campaign … Any way I think the vehicles will be better and hope there is forge too.

The Forerunner tank.

Halo 4 Vehicles Confirmed in Screenshots/Gameplay Videos via Halo Waypoint (drivable/non drivable included)

1. Mongoose
  2. Warthog
  3. Scorpion
  4. Falcon
  5. Mammoth
  6. Pelican
  7. Ghost
  8. Wraith
  9. Banshee
  10. Phantom
  11. Covenant Drop Pod
  12. Cryptum

OT: what the two new vehicles could be? dunno. but being a little seat transform into a Yoinking! awesome flying machine would be sick! can’t wait to see the new vehicles, especially from the Prometheans!

I think if possible, all vehicles should be making a return, usually more variety is better. We have the BR and DMR within one Halo game so why not the Falcon and the Hornet? The Prowler and the Spectre and so on?

EVERY SINGLE vehicle should return, including the original Banshee design. -_-