Halo 4 Vehicles unbalanced

Is it just me or are the halo 4 vehicles unbalanced?

Unbalanced as in boring and the same old thing we’ve been driving since 2001. Even the Mantis has lost it’s luster. I’ll be honest I know everyone wants balance but balance is boring. You need some craziness for things to be awesome. Like a Tank outfitted with Jet Packs or a Thruster Pack set to magnificence.

> Is it just me or are the halo 4 vehicles unbalanced?

Nope I think they balance each other out very well.

Counter to each. Faster respawn time was brillant too.

The vehicles are fine. Its how you use them determines if they are unbalanced or balanced

Tank is WAY too overpowered, especially on Exile.

Banshee dies way to fast.

Mantis sucks, it can be instantly frozen from a single plasma pistol shot.

Gauss Warthog is overpowered.

the scorpion,wraith and mantis would balance against each other but the matches where the mantis is the only tank class and there is no ordinance left you cannot kill it. the only way to take out a ghost is with ordinance or hijack which only works 1-10 times.

The Gauss owns everything but the Tank. If your tank has a mediocre driver, it gets owned too. Like the idiot teammate I had who grabbed the tank the instant it spawned on Exile. There was an enemy gauss hog driving around in our base, to the left, and he immediately goes out and turns to the right, allowing the Gauss to shoot the tank in the back numerous times and kill it.

Also, the Gauss hog respawns 2-3x faster than the tank.

The warthog (chain turret) is so underwhelming! So is the mantis!

> the scorpion,wraith and mantis would balance against each other but the matches where the mantis is the only tank class and there is no ordinance left you cannot kill it. the only way to take out a ghost is with ordinance or hijack which only works 1-10 times.

Dude…the Ghost is destroyed with 21 DMR rounds…

> The warthog (chain turret) is so underwhelming! So is the mantis!

The problem with the Warthog Chain Gun is that you dont get descoped, so even if you are hitting someone, they are still landing headshots on you. And somehow 5 DMR rounds > 30 Chain Gun rounds

Also the Mantis Auto Cannon overheats too quickly and is too inaccurate to be effective. If it was the campaign or Spartan Ops cannon…that would be awesome. Multiplayer cannon doesnt have the RoF, the damage, or the duration the other one has.

Mmmm…Gauss…

> Mmmm…Gauss…

On a side note, does anyone actually know how Gauss is pronounced? Every time i hear someone say it like ‘gauze’ i cringe.

The guy who invented the idea, Carl Gauss, his name was pronounced like ‘house’ but replacing the ‘h’ with ‘g’

I think they are too balanced. I don’t know about you, but in every game I play whenever someone gets in a vehicle and drives past more than 2 people and it is bombarded by plasma grenades and frozen by plasma pistols. People don’t even like getting in the vehicles. Sometimes the mantis is just left alone for whole minutes.

> > Mmmm…Gauss…
>
> On a side note, does anyone actually know how Gauss is pronounced? Every time i hear someone say it like ‘gauze’ i cringe.
>
> The guy who invented the idea, Carl Gauss, his name was pronounced like ‘house’ but replacing the ‘h’ with ‘g’

Dr. Seuss pronounced his name ‘soy-ce’, no one gives a -Yoink- and pronounces it like it looks. Original pronunciation does not matter at all, it’s what is most commonly used that becomes the new ‘right’.

Ghost is way OP tbh.

Unless you wish to herd cats to kill it, its gonna kill you 4+ times before it finally dies.

> > the scorpion,wraith and mantis would balance against each other but the matches where the mantis is the only tank class and there is no ordinance left you cannot kill it. the only way to take out a ghost is with ordinance or hijack which only works 1-10 times.
>
> Dude…the Ghost is destroyed with 21 DMR rounds…

if I was across the map and he wasn’t moving I could put 21 rounds into it,
however that never happens so it either leaves before I can hit it that many times shoots me to death or I get splattered.

The scorpion is SLOW and totally balanced.

The banshee has a ranged AoE insta kill weapon, can fly and splatter, and it’s FAST. In return it gets low armor. It’s totally balanced.

The gauss hog operates like a warthog. It’s powerful mobile firepower. It also got a nerf in RoF. It’s a mobile insta kill though… the gauss has been OP for a long time.

The vehicles are all perfect except the gauss. There HAS to be something really powerful or the game would be boring… You didn’t think shooters were fair did you? Life isn’t fair. Enjoy the gauss when you get the chance.

What suprised me is the mantis. I thought it would be way OP and I’m actually REALLY happy with how well balanced it is! It’s got tons of deadly firepower but it has slow speed, slow shield regen, and quick overheating/reloading on the guns. It’s actually totally balanced.

> The scorpion is SLOW and totally balanced.
>
> The banshee has a ranged AoE insta kill weapon, can fly and splatter, and it’s FAST. In return it gets low armor. It’s totally balanced.
>
> The gauss hog operates like a warthog. It’s powerful mobile firepower. It also got a nerf in RoF. It’s a mobile insta kill though… the gauss has been OP for a long time.
>
> The vehicles are all perfect except the gauss. There HAS to be something really powerful or the game would be boring… You didn’t think shooters were fair did you? Life isn’t fair. Enjoy the gauss when you get the chance.
>
> What suprised me is the mantis. I thought it would be way OP and I’m actually REALLY happy with how well balanced it is! It’s got tons of deadly firepower but it has slow speed, slow shield regen, and quick overheating/reloading on the guns. It’s actually totally balanced.

I completely disagree on the mantis being balanced.

It is nearly impossible to kill someone from even a small distance, even with the missiles at times, because the chain gun is so stupidly inaccurate. Also, even if a single player is up close to the mantis (say, 7 feet away), the chain gun will not kill them quickly if they are fully shielded, and it takes up pretty much the whole overheat gauge to kill them. This is an extremely disappointing and underwhelming feature of the mantis.

The mantis is next to useless in terms of being able to kill other players, especially when players can spawn with stickies and plasma pistols.

> Unbalanced as in boring and the same old thing we’ve been driving since 2001. Even the Mantis has lost it’s luster. I’ll be honest I know everyone wants balance but balance is boring. You need some craziness for things to be awesome. Like a Tank outfitted with Jet Packs or a Thruster Pack set to magnificence.

Balance is not boring unless the other team sucks, in which case it is not true balance.

Overpowered items provide the person who doesn’t have them with a challenge.

You are semi-right and semi-wrong. Casuals want unbalance for “fun”, which means they really just want to own everyone with overpowered items and feel good about it/brag about it. Competitive players want to win knowing they were on an “even playing field” even though the enemy team sucked.

Balanced is more fair though, as the people who actually worked hard to get better earn the win, instead of noobs who abuse easymode overpowered items. Balance also leads to more variety, as there isn’t one go-to weapon. For example, if the Lightrifle was a one-shot kill no one would ever choose any other weapon over it.

Just the Gauss, >.> and its not that its overpowered its that its not in a central location. I mean really right at the Blue base steps.

> > The scorpion is SLOW and totally balanced.
> >
> > The banshee has a ranged AoE insta kill weapon, can fly and splatter, and it’s FAST. In return it gets low armor. It’s totally balanced.
> >
> > The gauss hog operates like a warthog. It’s powerful mobile firepower. It also got a nerf in RoF. It’s a mobile insta kill though… the gauss has been OP for a long time.
> >
> > The vehicles are all perfect except the gauss. There HAS to be something really powerful or the game would be boring… You didn’t think shooters were fair did you? Life isn’t fair. Enjoy the gauss when you get the chance.
> >
> > What suprised me is the mantis. I thought it would be way OP and I’m actually REALLY happy with how well balanced it is! It’s got tons of deadly firepower but it has slow speed, slow shield regen, and quick overheating/reloading on the guns. It’s actually totally balanced.
>
> I completely disagree on the mantis being balanced.
>
> It is nearly impossible to kill someone from even a small distance, even with the missiles at times, because the chain gun is so stupidly inaccurate. Also, even if a single player is up close to the mantis (say, 7 feet away), the chain gun will not kill them quickly if they are fully shielded, and it takes up pretty much the whole overheat gauge to kill them. This is an extremely disappointing and underwhelming feature of the mantis.
>
> The mantis is next to useless in terms of being able to kill other players, especially when players can spawn with stickies and plasma pistols.

the mantis has an AoE Melee attack for when the enemy gets to close which makes it
incredibly difficult to take down especially because you can see 360 around the thing and stomp whenever and unless your directly behind it you cant jump on to put a Grenade in.