Halo 4 Vehicle Limitations

As we all know in the past Halo games we were able to Honk the Horn of most gunless vehicles for the driver. They never bothered any body. They are used to get a team mates attention or say hi to a friend you drive by, or even your loud yelping when falling off a cliff, or just your plain battle cry for when in enemy territory. So, why is it limited? It’s helps both teams out. It also helps the mic-less as short of a way to “communicate”. So do you think we should have unlimited horns or should it stop after you use it a couple of times?

Maybe someone else can answer this because I’ve been thinking the same thing to.

I’ve never understood why it stops. I sometimes don’t use a mic when I don’t feel like talking to random people and I have to honk the Warthog’s(puma’s) horn to get there attention and then it just stops working. I hope they fix this in H4.

I first thought this was a more in depth topic pertaining to more pronounced limitations of vehicles. That said, I agree 75% as some players are just annoying with the horn as they honk it the entire time.

> I’ve never understood why it stops. I sometimes don’t use a mic when I don’t feel like talking to random people and I have to honk the Warthog’s(puma’s) horn to get there attention and then it just stops working. I hope they fix this in H4.

it stops cause if it didn’t some people would seat there honking it all day and annoy there teammates and anyone else in the game

^ Exactly.

I don’t as such believe it stops more I think it is somewhat like a plasma weapon in regards to how it functions, it may or may not have unlimited ammo and it has a cooldown period. Or at least that’s how it was in Halo 3, I haven’t used a warthog in Reach in ages.

> I’ve never understood why it stops. I sometimes don’t use a mic when I don’t feel like talking to random people and I have to honk the Warthog’s<mark>(puma’s)</mark> horn to get there attention and then it just stops working. I hope they fix this in H4.

Lol, I’m suprised I’m not the only person who remembers that.

If I’m correct (and please correct me if I’m wrong), the horn for any specific vehicle doesn’t just stop after a couple of uses. In fact, I’m most likely sure it stops (and doesn’t work again) whenever you hold down the button to honk the horn. Instead of holding it down, why don’t you just click the button, or hold it until you start to here the volume of the horn decrease or fade.

I’ve always wondered this as well. It doesn’t make sense since there’s only about 4 warthogs at most in haemorrhage and it wouldn’t make too much noise. I don’t know much about game engines and the like but it could have something to do with putting too much stress on the engine (Unlikely) or maybe to try and limit the amount of information passed through multiplayer so as not to lag it up…?

Thanks guys!

> I’ve always wondered this as well. It doesn’t make sense since there’s only about 4 warthogs at most in haemorrhage and it wouldn’t make too much noise. I don’t know much about game engines and the like but it could have something to do with putting too much stress on the engine (Unlikely) or maybe to try and limit the amount of information passed through multiplayer so as not to lag it up…?

I don’t know much about game engines either, but the horn is just audio. There’s no visuals, no lighting effects, or stats to track like health or ammo count. Compare that to an assault rifle being fired: the animation of the recoil, the sound you hear, the sound other players hear based on distance from you, the damage inflicted on the target, the lighting of the muzzle flash, the ammo count of the rifle after it was fired, the bloom randomization. Now think about how many assault rifles are going off at any given time and Warthog horns seem very trivial in comparison.

Good ideas people

> I’ve always wondered this as well. It doesn’t make sense since there’s only about 4 warthogs at most in haemorrhage and it wouldn’t make too much noise. I don’t know much about game engines and the like but it could have something to do with putting too much stress on the engine (Unlikely) or maybe to try and limit the amount of information passed through multiplayer so as not to lag it up…?

Your lag point makes a lot of sense, same thing I’ve been thinking for a while. I don’t think it’s limited due to people being annoying because no one really even does that. I mean honestly, who would for the whole match? Unless they were a guest just dickin’ around I guess. Even then, it helps a whole lot in Snipers when a player on either team is stupid enough to honk the horn of the mongoose because it can be heard from all players on the map which means that if you’re on the mongoose’s team, the opposing team will shoot the easy target and you’ll see where they are, or if you’re on the opposing team you get an easy kill and a better idea of where the other team is (because I’ve noticed with guests they use are at the direct opposite side of the main player) as the guest seems to try to distract the other team.

Good point. It doesn’t make sense to have “honk amo”.

> I first thought this was a more in depth topic pertaining to more pronounced limitations of vehicles. That said, I agree 75% as some players are just annoying with the horn as they honk it the entire time.

Honks aren’t that loud unless you are really close to the player. Plus when I’m online and people ask me to get in their hog but are out of honk, they usually end up raming me to get on.

> Good point. It doesn’t make sense to have “honk amo”.

Honk battery?

Good…GOOOD