Halo 4 Tritton Triggers - Worth it?

I am in need of some advice.

For some time, I have been planning on getting the Halo 4 Tritton Triggers. But recently, I have heard a lot of bad press about them.

I have also, recently, had the pleasure of using the Tritton Detonators too - which were fantastic.

To anyone who uses Tritton, what do you recommend?

Is it better having lower quality headset to have the limited H4 design, or should I go with the detonators?

Are triggers known to break easily? I also want a headset that cups my entire ear, so not sure if Triggers will fit the bill.

If this is in the wrong section, I apologise and please move it.

So around $80 to a $100… That’s kind of steep for just a stereo headset, also Tritton’s parent company is Madcatz so quality is a issue. Is saving up a option?

I have the Triggers and they work well. I haven’t had any problems with mine yet.

> So around $80 to a $100… That’s kind of steep for just a stereo headset, also Tritton’s parent company is Madcatz so quality is a issue. Is saving up a option?

Yeah, Im at uni at the moment so im pretty poor. I would love to buy the Halo 4 Warheads. But they’re £240 :stuck_out_tongue:

You say Madcatz aren’t known for quality? What do you reccomend?

> I have the Triggers and they work well. I haven’t had any problems with mine yet.

Interesting. Do they fully cup your ears or just rest against them?

If i could use the warhead without using the xbox i would get that. (for guitar)

As for the triggers… i think the x11s or x12s would be more comfortable.

> > So around $80 to a $100… That’s kind of steep for just a stereo headset, also Tritton’s parent company is Madcatz so quality is a issue. Is saving up a option?
>
> Yeah, Im at uni at the moment so im pretty poor. I would love to buy the Halo 4 Warheads. But they’re £240 :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> You say Madcatz aren’t known for quality? What do you reccomend?

Their really expensive but they work with PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 they are around the same price as the Warheads. This is the U.S. site idk the UK one.Madcatz are well known for poor quality, with not much change in the past years but some how they are still around. My Astro A40s have survived a year of toddlers and not even a scratch, recently got a pair of A50s and i love them.

In my opinion they are a much better choice as they work with more then just the Xbox 360. They sound much better aswell.

You can go on Walmart’s website and get a pair of Triggers and a 2000 point MS card for about the same price as the Halo 4 ones.

Remember if the price seems high you’re paying for the logo/brand.

Tritton Detonators are on sale on amazon right now for $50.

> Remember if the price seems high you’re paying for the logo/brand.

I’ve listened to them at E3 before i even thought about buying anything. Build quality is second to none, they pretty much feel like a Xbox 360 controller with the plastic that is on it, the rest is sturdy metal.

I’ve listened to the other headsets and they always have this buzzing sound when the game gets really quite, or their overly heavy with bass and it just sounds like you put your head in a subwoofer enclosure.

> So around $80 to a $100… That’s kind of steep for just a stereo headset, also Tritton’s parent company is Madcatz so quality is a issue. Is saving up a option?

On Amazon the Detonator is only $50 as is the Halo 4 Trigger. MadCatz quality does indeed blow but Tritton (which is only owned by MadCatz, production is only paid for by them, not assisted) is the greatest gaming headset brand (aside from Astros which are super expensive) available to gamers to day.

Those are the headsets that were on the PAX builds. I really liked them and they blocked out a lot of the ambient sound from the line, people, etc.

Madcatz may be the parent company but the Tritton products are solid. If/when I need a new headset they’re on my list of brands to consider.

halo 4 Tritton Triggers are only 49.99 on amazon. Good price for a great headset

> Those are the headsets that were on the PAX builds. I really liked them and they blocked out a lot of the ambient sound from the line, people, etc.
>
>
>
> > So around $80 to a $100… That’s kind of steep for just a stereo headset, also Tritton’s parent company is Madcatz so quality is a issue. Is saving up a option?
>
> Madcatz may be the parent company but the Tritton products are solid. If/when I need a new headset they’re on my list of brands to consider.

Ive had a Tritton headset from a while ago, so it may be different now but it just broke within 3 months just flat out would not work and no my little ones weren’t even born yet.

Regardless i’ve played with people that bought Turtle Beach and Trittons and they always run into problems right at that 6 month mark. If you haven’t checked out Astro yet and i think they were at PAX they usually have stands at big gaming shows be sure to check them out.