Halo 4 Trailer Wishlist

I just thought it’d be cool to open a thread to get a feel as to what people would like to see in a new Halo 4 trailer.

As for me, “The new trailer should just be a black screen for 30 seconds and then a huge blooming flower picture and a huge X over it. That’s all I need to feel secure in Halo again.” I read that somewhere in a different forum and I agree. :smiley:

gameplay, video or pics and good music

Either:

-show off scenery then get into the action (H1 trailer)
-pack it with epicness (from beginning to end) using footage that’s not from gameplay (H2, H3 trailers). Consider the first 5 minutes of the film 5 Days of War. Action galore (the rest of the movie is just -Yoink- though)
-use Halo 3 cutscenes to start (like how the CEA trailer uses Reach cutscenes) then transition to the shield world then show some clips of some of the game’s defining moments and add in some combat clips

Either show me some gameplay for MM yo make peole that this will be nothing like reach.
Show me some in game scenery so that we can get a better feeling for the game and definetly it must have some fantastic new but still halo music in the backround so that when u watch the trailer for the first 10 times u get that great nastalgic felling that u know u want from a halo game.

Loads of brief snapshots of campaign.

NEEDS: Bigger story reveal
footage of the engine that the game will run on
reveal some major details in whatever form (i.e one frame hidden reveals, written announced reveals etc.)
Reveal Where THA F*** chief is now and what enemies he will be facing (at LEAST one enemy like forerunner or something)

I WANT: If there will be one, Beta information, including a date and some footage, sorta like Halo Reach’s Beta trailer
Some gameplay
more cowbell (what?)

I don’t want this trailer to have anything to do with master chief. I want it to show the arbiter instead

> I don’t want this trailer to have anything to do with master chief. I want it to show the arbiter instead

You know, I first read this and was about to call you some pretty nasty things, but then when i thought about it, I 100% agree.

I want to see a glimpse of the new engine, which I’m really hoping they update for Halo 4. I’ll be slightly disappointed if I see Reach’s exact graphics. I want a similar jump from Halo 3 to Reach. Physics, lighting, etc., I think all warrant an upgrade.

A glimpse into where Chief’s at, and at least a hint on the new aspects of his character, along with Cortana. Oh, and a hint as to who the new enemy might be.

I want to see an in-game cut-scene of Chief grabbing Cortana, then fire coming in towards him, he crouches behind cover, then raises his gun and jumps over it, running towards the camera with some great one liner.

I don’t want to see who we will be fighting yet. Keep it secret, keep it safe.

Spartan Blue Team.

That is all.

Gameplay, gameplay, oh and also some gameplay.

> Spartan Blue Team.
>
> That is all.

That would be awesome!!!

flash screen,cheif walks and meets with other spartans
flash screen, New enemy
flash screen, getting defeated even allied with the elites and arbiter and telcam
and then halo 4

Gameplay. That’s all I want to see.

I would like to see a little bit, but just a little bit info on the new trilogy, and a crap load of action. I would also like to see the return of the Arbiter or Master Chief’s mates. I think it’s obvious that new Spartans will show up in Halo 4 because in Glasslands [SPOILERS] the escape from Onyx as good as I heard. (I didn’t read it, but I just got spoiled as well)

Honestly, as long as it is in-engine I don’t care how vague it is. Stand John in a nondescript room for all I care. I just want to get a feel for how they adjusted the engine and hopefully made it nothing like the Reach one, even though it is built off of it.

> Honestly, as long as it is in-engine I don’t care how vague it is. Stand John in a nondescript room for all I care. I just want to get a feel for how they adjusted the engine and hopefully made it nothing like the Reach one, even though it is built off of it.

Haha, I find myself agreeing with this. I just want to see something in-game.

However, if I had a choice of what to see, I’d want to start out with an environment scene, going over an epic vista with new, beautiful music in the background. We’d hear Cortana saying a few words, not too much though, and then the camera would slowly move onto John, who’s holding an Assault Rifle or Battle Rifle (with the other on his back). The screen would stay on him for a few moments, with him saying some sort of epic line, then the screen would go black. Then, the words “Halo 4” would appear with the new variation of the Halo theme.

Like many people, I mostly care about the engine. I wouldn’t really want any story reveals until later to the development. As of now, I only care about all the technicalities of the game.

> I want to see a glimpse of the new engine, which I’m really hoping they update for Halo 4. I’ll be slightly disappointed if I see Reach’s exact graphics. I want a similar jump from Halo 3 to Reach. Physics, lighting, etc., I think all warrant an upgrade.

Don’t expect similar jump. It would be a miracle if 343i pulled such a feat on the Xbox 360, it’s a piece of six year old hardware after all with RAM of a smart phone.