HALO 4 Title Update Received

I have received notification for a title update of 37MB and I am downloading it right now. 343 said they are still working on a title update in the most recent bulletin, I am confused. anyone else got this? :S

i havent and its -Yoink!- me off

Perhaps its a bug.

At the close of the bulletin Frankie said there was an issue while they were testing the Majestic download. It allowed some people to temporarily start downloading it.

I assume for now that this is a similar mistake.

^Except that it downloads all the way and adds Infinity Rumble to Slayer variants.

I hope it’s a bug and not the actual TU though.

This isn’t your H2/H3 TU where you’re changing the firmware with other variables. Reach and after TU’s are more about allowing for more flexible code rather than making specific hard changes.
The TU in Reach didn’t make the DMR a ZB variant, it allowed bloom to be variable across the board and the gametypes were manipulated around those new changes.

Such is the similarity here. In reality many of the changes you see really are “soft” changes that can be changed on the fly on 343i’s end, but only if they choose. Obviously many changes are wanted to be made for good, but they’re still not the same type of coding alteration H2 and H3 used to go by.

So… is this the real TU or not?

37MB that’s a larger then normal TU update for Xbox games if I recall…

> The next Halo 4 Title Update is slated to go live sometime this week. While we’d love to give you the specific date and time you’ll be prompted to download this update, unfortunately we’re only given an ambiguous window in which it will release, not a hard date. So you’ll know as soon as we know… or something like that, anyway.

Source: The Halo Bulletin: 2.20.13

The game displays version 1.03.00 after installing the update.

seems like it is becoming more norm to do large updates COD just had one also at about the same size.

i’ve got it aswell

i got it too

I just launched halo 4, got the update.

> This isn’t your H2/H3 TU where you’re changing the firmware with other variables. Reach and after TU’s are more about allowing for more flexible code rather than making specific hard changes.
> The TU in Reach didn’t make the DMR a ZB variant, it allowed bloom to be variable across the board and the gametypes were manipulated around those new changes.
>
> Such is the similarity here. In reality many of the changes you see really are “soft” changes that can be changed on the fly on 343i’s end, but only if they choose. Obviously many changes are wanted to be made for good, but they’re still not the same type of coding alteration H2 and H3 used to go by.

What’s the relevance of this? I can’t find a post that you would have been responding too, no one was questioning the type of alteration it made, only if it was making an alteration (by determining if it was a glitch or an actual update).

And you’re specifically talking about megalo hooks, which allows gametypes to use variables they could not before, I have not seen that specific patch happen yet with h4 so I’m not sure where you’re getting the ‘many of the changes’ part.