halo 4 thumb sticks

hello i’m new in this forum.
43 yrs player, comin from pc gaming quake and counter strike veteran. i play halo since halo CE, the reason a started to use consoles.
as a mouse player a appreciate halo because it can be fun with joypad, i really had hard times to learn how to use a joypad , less accurate , slower than a mouse.
halo was good because the aim system is not so accurtare as on pc, there are funny vehicles, you can kill and get killed int he most incredible ways (explosions etc…halo magic!), and the best part is u have more than decent 16 players gaming (BTB).
anyway, i’m pretty concerned becuase searching on the web i saw some prewiev pics of the controller settings but i did not find my halo-setting (since 10 yrs so far) for the levers. infact i started with classi thumbs mode, it means left stick “move frwd/bckwrd”+“look left right”, right thumbsticks “look up down”+ “strafe right/left”.
if i will forced after 10 yrs to learn fps “EA style” i think after more than yrs of halo that i will end my long spartan careeer.
i don’t want to restart from the beginning.
i could buy xim 3, as many "think i’m pro " gamers did for halo reach , as well as other halo editions.
playing wth mouse and keybord against joypad palyers sounds dunb to me , there are a lot of players using it to built k/d carrers (sometimes players who are “good” for this reason and use to host switcth too…sounds like "i’m dumb to play mouse against joypadder, but i still need more help … :confused: ).
so if i will not find MY THUMBS STIKCS SETTINGS, means it will be “EA poor quality option” 's style (left stick ONLY for moving+strafing , right stick only for looking) i will resell the game, i already preordered, the very same day .

> hello i’m new in this forum.
> 43 yrs player, comin from pc gaming quake and counter strike veteran. i play halo since halo CE, the reason a started to use consoles.
> as a mouse player a appreciate halo because it can be fun with joypad, i really had hard times to learn how to use a joypad , less accurate , slower than a mouse.
> halo was good because the aim system is not so accurtare as on pc, there are funny vehicles, you can kill and get killed int he most incredible ways (explosions etc…halo magic!), and the best part is u have more than decent 16 players gaming (BTB).
> anyway, i’m pretty concerned becuase searching on the web i saw some prewiev pics of the controller settings but i did not find my halo-setting (since 10 yrs so far) for the levers. infact i started with classi thumbs mode, it means left stick “move frwd/bckwrd”+“look left right”, right thumbsticks “look up down”+ “strafe right/left”.
> if i will forced after 10 yrs to learn fps “EA style” i think after more than yrs of halo that i will end my long spartan careeer.
> i don’t want to restart from the beginning.
> i could buy xim 3, as many "think i’m pro " gamers did for halo reach , as well as other halo editions.
> playing wth mouse and keybord against joypad palyers sounds dunb to me , there are a lot of players using it to built k/d carrers (sometimes players who are “good” for this reason and use to host switcth too…sounds like "i’m dumb to play mouse against joypadder, but i still need more help … :confused: ).
> so if i will not find MY THUMBS STIKCS SETTINGS, means it will be “EA poor quality option” 's style (left stick ONLY for moving+strafing , right stick only for looking) i will resell the game, i already preordered, the very same day .

I have quite literally never known of the existence of that control scheme. It sounds very difficult.

> > hello i’m new in this forum.
> > 43 yrs player, comin from pc gaming quake and counter strike veteran. i play halo since halo CE, the reason a started to use consoles.
> > as a mouse player a appreciate halo because it can be fun with joypad, i really had hard times to learn how to use a joypad , less accurate , slower than a mouse.
> > halo was good because the aim system is not so accurtare as on pc, there are funny vehicles, you can kill and get killed int he most incredible ways (explosions etc…halo magic!), and the best part is u have more than decent 16 players gaming (BTB).
> > anyway, i’m pretty concerned becuase searching on the web i saw some prewiev pics of the controller settings but i did not find my halo-setting (since 10 yrs so far) for the levers. infact i started with classi thumbs mode, it means left stick “move frwd/bckwrd”+“look left right”, right thumbsticks “look up down”+ “strafe right/left”.
> > if i will forced after 10 yrs to learn fps “EA style” i think after more than yrs of halo that i will end my long spartan careeer.
> > i don’t want to restart from the beginning.
> > i could buy xim 3, as many "think i’m pro " gamers did for halo reach , as well as other halo editions.
> > playing wth mouse and keybord against joypad palyers sounds dunb to me , there are a lot of players using it to built k/d carrers (sometimes players who are “good” for this reason and use to host switcth too…sounds like "i’m dumb to play mouse against joypadder, but i still need more help … :confused: ).
> > so if i will not find MY THUMBS STIKCS SETTINGS, means it will be “EA poor quality option” 's style (left stick ONLY for moving+strafing , right stick only for looking) i will resell the game, i already preordered, the very same day .
>
> I have quite literally never known of the existence of that control scheme. It sounds very difficult.

Look in stick options in the settings.

Its Legacy control scheme. I use it also…for me it comes from countless hours of playing Goldeneye on the N64 (my first FPS) where you used the analogue for forwards/backwards and turning and the C-Buttons for strafing and looking up and down. Not only this but Goldeneye has its controls inverted, so when you press C-Down you look up. So i must also invert my controls for Halo. Its very difficult to relearn, and results in hilarious comments when someone takes over your pad to play…

Im 99% sure it will be included in Halo 4 so dont worry OP.

OP, to be honest I found it hard to follow your post. Anyway, here is a mouse controller that’s designed for the xbox, so you can play Halo 4 on the 360 but with a PC setup.

Hope this helps and is relevant. If not good luck with whatever you were trying to say.

> OP, to be honest I found it hard to follow your post. Anyway, here is a mouse controller that’s designed for the xbox, so you can play Halo 4 on the 360 but with a PC setup.
>
> Hope this helps and is relevant. If not good luck with whatever you were trying to say.

He doesn’t want to use a Mouse and Keyboard hes saying if the Legacy control scheme is not included in Halo 4 he will be unhappy and sell his copy of the game, but i dont think he has anything to worry about.

thank you guys for the replies, expecially for the pharaon guy mumm ra that is giving me some hope :smiley: yes, before halo i used to live in USA (i’m italian) and play goldeneye on N64 with my friends. we had really good times on that machine ,also with mario kart, mario party :smiley: anyway think playng with mouse against joypad users is pretty idiotic. i love mouse fps gaming, i’m an old school fps player (as kid i started my gamin experience with pong, asteroids, space invaders :confused: ) , but it looks unfair to me and is idiotic for a mouse player to think “i’m so good at this game” while fragging people who use the joypad. i know many phenomenon players that use mouse, and do lag swith too…they are pathetic with their monster k/d . if i have to play fps with mouse, i play against people with mouse on pc.
halo brought console gaming in my house, is a good gaming experience with 16 players on btb, you stay on your sofa and don’t need to be as sharp as on pc mouse games (relaxing lil’ aimbot enhanced),
you have quite large maps, vehicles ( goood 4 joypadddddd :D)
…to play halo with mouse on xbx doesn’t have sense,
even on mlg where u find many mouse players.
mouse against padders, on small building maps with no vehicles to me looks pretty sad…
a bad copy of those hardcore mouse fps-games i used to play when i was jounger (much jounger) … and more competitive :smiley:
my opinion