Halo 4 Thoughts and Opinions

Am I the only one who thought Halo 4 was a great game? I have heard so much discrimination, but no legit reason for it. The soundtrack, the campaign, and the matchmaking were good, at least I thought. I can’t say anything about forge because I don’t use it. The ending for the campaign was okay (still better than the way Halo 3 ended.) Just tell me what you guys thought. Was it good or bad? (Please give good reasons if you thought it was bad.)

> Am I the only one who thought Halo 4 was a great game? I have heard so much discrimination, but no legit reason for it. The soundtrack, the campaign, and the matchmaking were good, at least I thought. I can’t say anything about forge because I don’t use it. The ending for the campaign was okay (still better than the way Halo 3 ended.) Just tell me what you guys thought. Was it good or bad? (Please give good reasons if you thought it was bad.)

Soundtrack wasn’t bad. The right with the did act was boring and uninteresting if you haven’t read all the books. The matchmaking…well nuff said. Forge/customs was disappointing.

Overral I give it a 6. Its an alright game on its own but with the title Halo its a disappointment.

“Halo 4 Thoughts and Opinions”
This thread must have been made 1000 times by now.

What’s sad is that most people on these forums (the Halo forums; think about that now) would disagree with you. Mainly because Halo 4 isn’t an exact frigging clone of Halo 3, going by what I’ve read. Me, I’m glad that 343i is willing to try new things with the Halo franchise. Even if it doesn’t work out, they’re still willing to progress the series, rather than spend over a decade milking the hell out of the same thing like Treyarch and Infinity Ward do with CoD.

> “Halo 4 Thoughts and Opinions”
> This thread must have been made 1000 times by now.

Well, yeah, but he’s being positive. You don’t see that very often.

> What’s sad is that most people on these forums (the Halo forums; think about that now) would disagree with you. Mainly because Halo 4 isn’t an exact frigging clone of Halo 3, going by what I’ve read. Me, I’m glad that 343i is willing to try new things with the Halo franchise. Even if it doesn’t work out, they’re still willing to progress the series, rather than spend over a decade milking the hell out of the same thing like Treyarch and Infinity Ward do with CoD.
>
>
>
>
> > “Halo 4 Thoughts and Opinions”
> > This thread must have been made 1000 times by now.
>
> Well, yeah, but he’s being positive. You don’t see that very often.

We were told Halo was being brought back to its roots. Noone wants a Halo 3 clone(although it’d be better than this) but when I see Halo 4 in the title I expect it to build on and improve what made h3 great. It was ripped out and scrapped because it was too traditional, at least that’s what the people who were brought in because they didn’t like halo said.

> What’s sad is that most people on these forums (the Halo forums; think about that now) would disagree with you. Mainly because Halo 4 isn’t an exact frigging clone of Halo 3, going by what I’ve read. Me, I’m glad that 343i is willing to try new things with the Halo franchise. Even if it doesn’t work out, they’re still willing to progress the series, rather than spend over a decade milking the hell out of the same thing like Treyarch and Infinity Ward do with CoD.

But they did do the same thing Treyarch and Infinity Ward did with COD. 343 tried to MILK CoD lol. Streaks, perks, custom loadouts isnt series progression. They turned this series into another generic shooter. Its generic because ever since COD4’s (hate it or love it, it TRULY innovated) others have tried these things and it comes off as cheap and unnecessary. Medal of Honor, Crysis, and now Halo just to name a few.

Halo was on its own path. Even AAs are an expansion of Equipment. I’m not a fan of AAs mainly because Jet Pack, Camo, and Armor Lock annoy people and in many cases break or slow gameplay. Those could have been tweaked more or put in their proper place as Equipment and power ups. Maybe bringing back Equipment or turn them into specialized grenades, adding movement options like wall running/bouncing(TitanFall seems to be pulling this off) would have progressed the series.

Trying new things mean TRYING NEW THINGS.

I think halo 4 is a very good game. I like all halo games equally including halo 4. All the halo games have there up and downs none of them were perfect. But yeah I don’t mind the soundtrack, the story is very interesting especially when you read the books. MP I can care less on but it’s ok. Costem and forge are again ok.

> Am I the only one who thought Halo 4 was a great game? <mark>I have heard so much discrimination, but no legit reason for it.</mark> The soundtrack, the campaign, and the matchmaking were good, at least I thought. I can’t say anything about forge because I don’t use it. The ending for the campaign was okay (still better than the way Halo 3 ended.) Just tell me what you guys thought. Was it good or bad? (Please give good reasons if you thought it was bad.)

I can see two possibilities from this.

Either you haven’t done much reading on the forums, and therefore have not heard people’s reasons for disiking Halo 4.
Or you have heard the reasons, and are just dismissing them because you personally do like the game.

“Am I the only one who thought Halo 4 was a great game?” - Absolutely not, there are plenty of other people who love Halo 4.

“please give <mark>good reasons</mark> if you thought the game was bad” - This leads me to suspect that you are not genuinely interested in people’s opinions, but instead want to disagree with them if they are not “good” enough for you.
Do correct me if I’m wrong.