Halo 4 third person option?

So I was in theatre today 6/1/12 and I thought of something most likely thought of before, what if you had the option to PLAY in third person mode? I think it would be cool if this option was inplanted in the game. This option would most likely be in the video options under ‘view’ or something.

First person vehicle would be a cool OPTION

but halo isn’t a third person shooter

> So I was in theatre today 6/1/12 and I thought of something most likely thought of before, what if you had the option to PLAY in third person mode? I think it would be cool if this option was inplanted in the game. This option would most likely be in the video options under ‘view’ or something.

I believe mw2 did something like that.
I also believe it wasn’t successful.
So no they should not do it.

> > So I was in theatre today 6/1/12 and I thought of something most likely thought of before, what if you had the option to PLAY in third person mode? I think it would be cool if this option was inplanted in the game. This option would most likely be in the video options under ‘view’ or something.
>
> I believe mw2 did something like that.
> I also believe it wasn’t successful.
> So no they should not do it.

3rd person was HORRIBLE in MW2.
putting 3rd person in Halo would cause unnecessary rage for the small amount of people who would ever use it for anything but the occasional custom.

> > > So I was in theatre today 6/1/12 and I thought of something most likely thought of before, what if you had the option to PLAY in third person mode? I think it would be cool if this option was inplanted in the game. This option would most likely be in the video options under ‘view’ or something.
> >
> > I believe mw2 did something like that.
> > I also believe it wasn’t successful.
> > So no they should not do it.
>
> 3rd person was HORRIBLE in MW2.
> putting 3rd person in Halo would cause unnecessary rage for the small amount of people who would ever use it for anything but the occasional custom.

I agree. ADS is a big part of CoD games so having 3rd person view just doesn’t work b/c no one can actually aim down their sights thus missing most of their shots.

However, it could work in Halo if you can still click to zoom and it enters the scoped view. Technically there already is 3rd person in Halo whenever you pick up a turret or the Invasion core so all they gotta do is apply it to the rest of the weapon. Here’s to Gears of Halo!

No. It would give players an unfair advantage because they would have a greater peripheral vision.

As people in here have already said MW2 tried it and it didn’t work. As a developer making a shooter you either make it 3rd person or 1st person not both, it doesn’t work when its tried.

Whenever I have the urge to play in 3rd person, I use a vehicle or pick up a turret.

It might be cool. Maybe as a part of Forerunner Vision or something. Can’t see it being core gameplay…

It would only work if playlists could be restricted to first person or third person viewpoints. People using third person have a superior field of view over first person.

> > So I was in theatre today 6/1/12 and I thought of something most likely thought of before, what if you had the option to PLAY in third person mode? I think it would be cool if this option was inplanted in the game. This option would most likely be in the video options under ‘view’ or something.
>
> I believe mw2 did something like that.
> I also believe it wasn’t successful.
> So no they should not do it.

mw2 had it for one playlist, I didn’t think it was that bad.It just felt a little tacked on. I wouldn’t mind seeing this in customs or a single game mode.

I don’t really like third person games, but an option wouldn’t hurt.

No, just leave it with Theater.

Didn’t Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 allow the player to switch between 1st person and 3rd person views?

Halo is not CoD to me. Yet.

So I think it could work, but only as an option. I’d much rather be able to adjust the fov which would eliminate any need for third person.

i think it should be in the game but only as a custom match option and not something you can change yourself whenever

Congrats, OP. You’re only the millionth person to make this suggestion.

No.

3rd-person view would greatly imbalance the game. Plus, Halo is and always will be an FPS. Spin-offs like Halo Wars and such are free to do what they want, but the main games should always be FPS’s.

Idk if any of you played socom but that was a third person and it was great! halo could use a model like that, mw2 3rd person was ok nothing special. But Socoms was great and halo could make one like that, anyone else agree? Also it honeslty would not hurt the game if they just added as an option. What would that damage. So why not just put it in for the people who like to see their created character (ppl like me). That could even intrest people to buy the game just for that reason

rumors going around they will going ta add a 3RD Person playlist !! that would be fun

somebuddy know when they will release that playlist when we will get the update ??