Halo 4 the death of 343?

I like Halo 4 but do not love it like I have the past Halo games. With Halo 4’s pop dropping like a stone in a pool it makes me wonder what the future hold for 343. I think once Halo 6 is out and maintained for a year or so, the plug will be pulled from 343. They dont listen to what the fans want and Halo 4 seems to be a failure. While a lot of people bought it a lot of people got rid of it a week or so after launch. I dont see Halo 5&6 being as big as Halo 4 was for a min. I hate to say it but 343 has nothing on Bungie when it comes to creation of a wide world we all expect from a Halo title. I think Destiny could drive some Halo fans away from it if it is as good as we are anticipating. I wish 343 luck but I dont know if it will be enough for this company to survive in the future.

you must not have been active in the news for teh past couple of weeks. Halo 4 is far from the death of 343.

(plus it’s been the 4th most played game on the 360 for weeks now)

> you must not have been active in the news for teh past couple of weeks. Halo 4 is far from the death of 343.
>
> (plus it’s been the 4th most played game on the 360 for weeks now)

I see the pathetic population daily and find that very hard to believe. Reach still has 30k players a day where 4 has barely over 50k. Thats a fail in my mind. Destiny will be here soon so who really cares about Hal;o at this point. Ive been in the game 11 years and dislike 4 the most and I hated Halo 3 with a passion.

> you must not have been active in the news for teh past couple of weeks. Halo 4 is far from the death of 343.
>
> (plus it’s been the 4th most played game on the 360 for weeks now)

Plus in terms of units sold, hasn’t it been pretty successful in spite of a somewhat saturated FPS market and Xbox 360 exclusivity? If Halo 4 is the death of 343 as a developer then I’m not sure by what metrics we’re measuring success. Perhaps if 343 literally brought Master Chief to life they’d be well thought of?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

custom games on as much as possible like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/playcustoms the fastest and only growing halo 4 custom games community builder

> > you must not have been active in the news for teh past couple of weeks. Halo 4 is far from the death of 343.
> >
> > (plus it’s been the 4th most played game on the 360 for weeks now)
>
> I see the pathetic population daily and find that very hard to believe. Reach still has 30k players a day where 4 has barely over 50k. Thats a fail in my mind. Destiny will be here soon so who really cares about Hal;o at this point. Ive been in the game 11 years and dislike 4 the most and I hated Halo 3 with a passion.

then why are you here whining?

> > you must not have been active in the news for teh past couple of weeks. Halo 4 is far from the death of 343.
> >
>
> I see the pathetic population daily and find that very hard to believe. Reach still has 30k players a day where 4 has barely over 50k. Thats a fail in my mind. Destiny will be here soon so who really cares about Hal;o at this point. Ive been in the game 11 years and dislike 4 the most and I hated Halo 3 with a passion.

Hmmmm Hated Halo 3 with a passion well that’s a bit weird. You hated Halo 3 and 4 , where did you fit in then ?

343i has always been listening

I can’t imagine that Halo 4 will be the cause of 343’s demise, but part of me kinda expects Microsoft to kill them off when they’ve finished milking Halo.

“Milord, why?! You promised the western lands to me!”
“You have long outlived your usefulness”, etc.
That kind of thing, but without the theatrics and the decapitation.

> I can’t imagine that Halo 4 will be the cause of 343’s demise, but part of me kinda expects Microsoft to kill them off when they’ve finished milking Halo.
>
> “Milord, why?! You promised the western lands to me!”
> “You have long outlived your usefulness”, etc.
> That kind of thing, but without the theatrics and the decapitation.

As long as Cod is still around, Microsoft will keep pumping out new halo titles.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> >
>

Halo was lightning in a bottle for Bungie. They got lucky it was such a hit.

Imma laugh when Destiny releases and its garbage, just like their other IPs :wink:

> I like Halo 4 but do not love it like I have the past Halo games. With Halo 4’s pop dropping like a stone in a pool it makes me wonder what the future hold for 343.

Almost all games drop in pop after a few months. Why? because all the people who aren’t regular players go back to their other games for a while. It’s nothing special.

> While a lot of people bought it a lot of people got rid of it a week or so after launch.

Those are what we call CoD players. And Battlefield players. and Forza, Dead Space, etc. It happens all the time.

1. Games sales are approx. 8 million copies. At USD$50 average game price that’s a gross revenue of $480,000,000. Forgetting the LE editions and net profit actually received by 343i/MS.

2. How many XBL gold accounts were sold or renewed alone with that?

3. Now factor in console sales, Halo 4 consoles, accessories, books, FUD blu ray, comics and all other merchandise. Apparrently 343i manages approx. 1500 Halo related products for sale these days. Huge merchandising sales another words.

4. Peak population you keep looking at does not include campaign, coop, Spartan Ops and is the exact same trend of peak decline over at Black Ops II. Do your home work. The peak population for Halo 4 is also calculated differently to Reach or Halo 3. The only comparable statistic is Unique Users per day and the only limited access we have to that is the Major Nelson charts, which Halo is #4.

5. Halo 3 figures are researched by Waypoint monitor Tsassi have very similar population trends and many have nostalgia rose coloured glasses when thinking about past Halo game(s) population. We have seen the same numbers brought out for Reach as well. Once again do your homework.

6. Halo 4 continues to be #4 on Major Nelson charts, behind BLOPSII, FIFA13 & Minecraft. This has been prevalent since Halo 3 and the industry shift to COD multiplayer as well as Indie games becoming popular too. Soccer is also the most popular sport in the world and this game is the best FIFA to date. Nothing wrong here.

7. There are over 500,000 subscribed members to Waypoint website/apps, that’s approx. 7.5% of the game sales figures.

8. FUD and SPOPS are resounding successes, look outside of the Halo 4 forums and you’ll see a hive of activity and members who are really happy and in fact having those “water cooler moments”, just over the Internet instead now.

9. You have tunnel vision for classic multiplayer and are not grounded in reality.

10. If you actually have been following 343i for closely since XMAS you would already know they have Bravo and other key staff as well as MLG professionals bringing playlists and game type variants like Doubles, Snipers, Throwdown and more to the forefront.

TL;DR - Educate yourself.

> 1. Games sales are approx. 8 million copies. At USD$50 average game price that’s a gross revenue of $480,000,000. Forgetting the LE editions and net profit actually received by 343i/MS.
>
> 2. How many XBL gold accounts were sold or renewed alone with that?
>
> 3. Now factor in console sales, Halo 4 consoles, accessories, books, FUD blu ray, comics and all other merchandise. Apparrently 343i manages approx. 1500 Halo related products for sale these days. Huge merchandising sales another words.
>
> 4. Peak population you keep looking at does not include campaign, coop, Spartan Ops and is the exact same trend of peak decline over at Black Ops II. Do your home work. The peak population for Halo 4 is also calculated differently to Reach or Halo 3. The only comparable statistic is Unique Users per day and the only limited access we have to that is the Major Nelson charts, which Halo is #4.
>
> 5. Halo 3 figures are researched by Waypoint monitor Tsassi have very similar population trends and many have nostalgia rose coloured glasses when thinking about Halo population. Once again do your homework.
>
> 6. Halo 4 continues to be #4 on Major Nelson charts, behind BLOPSII, FIFA13 & Minecraft. This has been prevalent since Halo 3 and the industry shift to COD multiplayer as well as Indie games becoming popular too. Soccer is also the most popular sport in the world and this game is the best FIFA to date. Nothing wrong here.
>
> 7. There are over 500,000 subscribed members to Waypoint website/apps, that’s approx. 7.5% of the game sales figures.
>
> 8. FUD and SPOPS are resounding successes, look outside of the Halo 4 forums and you’ll see a hive of activity and members who are really happy and in fact having those “water cooler moments”, just over the Internet instead now.
>
> 9. You have tunnel vision for classic multiplayer and are not grounded in reality.
>
> 10. If you actually have been following 343i for closely since XMAS you would already know they have Bravo and other key staff as well as MLG professionals bringing playlists and game type variants like Doubles, Snipers, Throwdown and more to the forefront.
>
> TL;DR - Educate yourself.

But fifa sold less copies and more people play it online :open_mouth:

Destiny is going to be a casual game with more emphasis on cooperative play than competitive, basically it wont be like Halo, so I don’t know why people keep on bringing that game up. Also with the addition of more competitive oriented playlists, CSR, and the up coming TU I’m hoping the players will start coming back.

> But fifa sold less copies and more people play it online :open_mouth:

WRONG

1. 7.4 millions units sold four weeks after its release, 4.5 million copies were sold worldwide in five days.

2. Do you have any idea how fanatical soccer fans are?

3. Do you have any idea how great FIFA13 is, it’s the best game in the series and has insane levels of content, real teams, real players, real stadiums, real musicians.

4. Take a look and educate yourself about this game.

> Destiny is going to be a casual game with more emphasis on cooperative play than competitive, basically it wont be like Halo, so I don’t know why people keep on bringing that game up. Also with the addition of more competitive oriented playlists, CSR, and the up coming TU I’m hoping the players will start coming back.

I speculate the same, it’s going to be more cooperative than competitive. Even some interviews with Bungie staff reflect on the state of Halo multiplayer and comment about giving rise to teabagging trash talking and that they can do better. Destiny is NOT going to be like Halo multiplayer IMO.

Unless you’re implying that Microsoft is going out of business, I don’t see that happening.

343 IS Microsoft, they were created with the sole purpose of making Halo games. 343 isn’t going to die unless Microsoft decides to stop making Halo games and since that isn’t going to happen, 343 isn’t going anywhere.

I’ve been a fan of Halo from the beginning, though I never really enjoyed Reach it never felt like a Halo game seemed to lean a lot towards CoD. Yet Halo 4 has rekindled the old love that I have for this series and eagerly look forward to the next instalment! :slight_smile:

Doubt this is the death of 343, they’re just getting started