Halo 4- SWRC Armor Request

READ BEFORE SAYING I AM TRYING TO MAKE HALO INTO STAR WARS

I know they are out of disc space, that’s why I say DLC below.
There would be no copyright because they would get permission.
It would be something cool to wear, I don’t want it hardwired into the fiction.
The Commandos parallel the Spartans, and THEY ARE NOT STORMTROOPERS.
(Commandos are directly cloned from Jango Fett, and trained from birth. Spartans only start training at 6.)

Alright, I am going to try and make a fairly legitimate case below, not just so I can feel good but so that you folks may see the validity of my personal request, and some of you may even share it.

-edit-
I’ve seen several comments talking about some of the other armors, so I’m going to link photos of them here. If you would like any of these, vote yes.
ARC(Advanced Recon Commando) Helmet
Mandalorian Helmet (classic)
Mandalorian Merc Armor
Republic Commando Helmet(Katarn)
Republic Commando Full Armor(Katarn)
So Halo 4 is now complete. Any further changes will have to be through updates or DLC. That’s final, no going back, no alterations or any of that now. My idea was a cosmetic dlc package, or something of that nature, perhaps a tag along with a map pack or something. But this is all sorted, and I should probably start by outlining what it is I would like to see in the game with this.

I would really like to see some additional favorite armor of mine have a place in the Halo universe, or at least a variant or adaptation of it. You can see what I’d like to be in Halo 4 (via dlc or something) here. Katarn Armor

Some of you may have heard of this thing called “Star Wars”. If you haven’t, its only one of the biggest sci-fi franchises to date, and its set a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. There are loads of planets, loads of races, and this good versus evil struggle we call “Light Side V Dark Side”. I’m going to assume most of you have heard of this, so moving right along.

There was a game released back in 2005, for the original Xbox. Some would say it was one of the best and most successful standalone Star Wars games to date, going on to receive the “Platinum Hits” title. That game was Star Wars Republic Commando, a rather bold and gritty FPS from the LucasArts side of the spectrum. In fact, Republic Commando could have received the “M” rating with the amount of Geonosian/Trandoshan guts that frequented you visor, courtesy of a vibroblade built into your gauntlets.

You played as “38”(thanks for the clarification), or “Boss”, a sergeant of a Commando Squad, the special forces of Star Wars. The Republic Commandos were trained specifically by a special group of Mandalorian instructors, who taught them everything required to make the most lethal 4 man squads that universe has ever known. The Mandalorian history and culture is deep, so I won’t be getting into that.

The game featured a familiar(to us, not to the genre) style of run and gun. ADS was only present for ranged engagements, as you would expect. As an Xbox exclusive, the game had a Live multiplayer portion, which featured some pretty neat maps, and a legitimate Player Model Customization. The playstyle had everyone spawn with equal weapons, and there were additional weapons scattered around the map.

As you may be noticing, the game exhibits some nice similarities to our beloved Halo. I will outline some of the major ones.

-run and gun playstyle
-sci fi military FPS
-sci fi supersoldiers kicking alien -Yoink!-
-balanced multiplayer
-shields
-deep backstory
-player customization (actually beat Halo 3 to that punch in FPS)
-compelling main characters
-multiple grenade types

There are also a few noticeable differences when discussing campaign and the general interface.

-four man squad co-operation and tactics
-melee is with a blade, not a fist
-visor wipers (for bug guts)
-in general an amount of gore not present in Halo(doesn’t affect your vision, etc etc)
-primary weapon can be altered into a sniper or grenade launcher(campaign only, multiplayer had the attachments on the field)
-night vision and thermal vision

Now here are the points I’d really like to drive home about all this.
Halo has done crossovers and cameos in other games before, and vice versa. For instance, the warthog in Forza 4, or the spartan in DOA, and there was a Spartan armor easter egg in Fable 2.
Halo 3 had the Hayabusa armor we all know and love from Ninja Gaiden. It has been done before, only now there is more reason in my opinion. Not only for similarities stated above, but for what I am about to tell you.

If you are a real Star Wars fan and like Halo as well, if you haven’t yet you need to read the book series that goes along with Republic Commando. There are 5 books in the series, the first taking place at the beginning of the game. More important than that though is the author of the whole series, <mark>Karen Traviss</mark>. And guess what big sci-fi franchise she’s writing for now? That’s right, Halo. She has written Human Weakness(Halo Evolutions) Glasslands, and now The Thursday War(hope I’m not forgetting anything). She is a great author, and if you haven’t read any of her work yet you are most certainly missing out.

Basically what I’m trying to get across in all this is that there is a larger connection here than there has been with past cameos/crossovers. Not only would it fit well with Spartan Ops 4 player co-op, it fits with the game’s style of genetically enhanced sci-fi supersoldiers, and the author of the entire series is now writing for 343 Industries. Once again, here is the Katarn Armor. If you would vote to show your support, or comment as to your thoughts on the issue, I would appreciate it greatly. If you’ve read this far, I thank you for your time.

Id preffer forerunner armor that you get for being on waypoint for at least a month or two before halo 4.

yes

/thread

Very neat post! I would totally rock some clone commando armor, or something similar.

I’d like a gun like Delta Squad has. Machine gun, sniper, grenade launcher all in one.

so, several things: first I’m pretty sure you know this, but Vode An means brothers, all in mando’a. (but props for it being an option in your poll) Oh you forgot to mention that karen traviss was the main writer for Gears of War 3

Secondly, I would love it if it was added, sadly This might not happen, because of copyright issues on the SW side of things (they tend to not play nicely with others, as you may know of the karen traviss debacle that happened with TCW tv show) and because 343 doesn’t pay attention to the polls, if you haven’t heard about the big push for RVB firefight voices

Thirdly, This would be a lot better if it was MANDO armor (jengo fett or boba fett are good examples)

fourthly, YOU FORGOT TO MENTION HOW KAREN TRAVISS GOT SCREWED OVER BY THOSE ****** AT LUCAS FILM AND CARTOON NETWORK!

Ke nu’jurkadir sha mando’ade: don’t mess with mandalorians quote from the book

Man I thought you meant Katana armor. The return of Katana would be epic. Especially with the Raider armor which is samuri based.

I want some Mandalorian armor and then some ARC Trooper armor.

> I want some Mandalorian armor and then some ARC Trooper armor.

YES!

> yes
>
>
> /thread

> so, several things: first I’m pretty sure you know this, but Vode An means brothers, all in mando’a. (but props for it being an option in your poll) Oh you forgot to mention that karen traviss was the main writer for Gears of War 3

Yeah I gotcha. I was saying brothers all, in support of armor.
And yeah Karen Traviss wrote Aspho Fields, but I was mainly referencing Halo stuff she’s done.

Nice to see a brother on here :slight_smile:

Hmm, I wonder what my topic is getting buried by today…

Becuse other people have already read it!

That armor is ugly as YOINK!

> > so, several things: first I’m pretty sure you know this, but Vode An means brothers, all in mando’a. (but props for it being an option in your poll) Oh you forgot to mention that karen traviss was the main writer for Gears of War 3
>
> Yeah I gotcha. I was saying brothers all, in support of armor.
> And yeah Karen Traviss wrote Aspho Fields, but I was mainly referencing Halo stuff she’s done.
>
> Nice to see a brother on here:)

She wrote all the gears books.

> That armor is ugly as YOINK!

No.

I read that whole post, thinking that you were talking about the Katana armor from Halo 3… I was so confused. XD

> She wrote all the gears books.

really? wow. I thought she only wrote some of them, like she was doing with Halo. Even more awesome!

I always thought CQB looked similar to the clone troopers :smiley:

Eh, CQB is more rounded, and the T doesn’t look as intimidating. And CQB is kind of small, I couldn’t fit my head in it.