Halo 4 Sword Lunge?

I’ve taken many looks at different videos of Halo 4’s Multiplayer, and I’ve not seen too much Energy Sword gameplay, but judging from the clips I did see, it looks like there won’t be a lunge when you’re reticule turns red and you swing your sword. I’m not sure if this is true, but I hope not, because, personally, with the addition of P. Vision and a generally faster rate of killing people compared to Reach and such, it might make the sword harder to use.

Anyways, do any of you know if the sword lunge will still be in Halo 4, and what are your opinions on it?

Your text…

It’s kind of a pain on the eyes.

Anyhow, I don’t know, lunge has been a part of Halo, but I’d need to feast my eyes upon more clips before giving a yes/no answer.

I’ve only watched one video and I just thought the guy with the sword was just a fail and kept missing. I hope it hasn’t been removed considering you can sprint and have an AA which would make it harder for people to kill with it.

It’s hard to tell from the gameplay. I say there will be sword lunge. There has been ever since its existence. How much is really the question.

I’ve looked over the various videos floating around helplessly on internet and in it’s current build, the Halo 4 Sword Lung has been drastically reduced from Reach. I didn’t see any god tier floaty hax lunges and the players had to be pretty close to get the kill.

Well, it seemed as though the reticle doesn’t turn red until the player is very close. I’m not so sure yet, we need more gameplay. I just hope it’s similar to previous Halo games.

The sword lunge is basically what keeps the energy sword on par with the shotgun and gravity hammer… removing it would lower its power a lot.

Won’t there be some gameplay from RTX? Maybe we will see it there.

> Won’t there be some gameplay from RTX? Maybe we will see it there.

Yes, Halo 4 will playable at RTX.

Details after the jump

It’s still there, it’s just been reduced. I find that a good thing though, sprint+sword on Reach was extremely effective and seeing as sprint is native it needed to be done.

> > Won’t there be some gameplay from RTX? Maybe we will see it there.
>
> Yes, Halo 4 will playable at RTX.
>
> Details after the jump

Im going so ill test it out

They may have not gotten around to adding the lunge action yet because it involves having a person perform the action in real life, finding the perfect range at which you can lunge, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I’m sure that there will be a sword lunge.

I think this a product of them getting rid of the sword block. If you have a huge lunge length, you’d have an extremely overpowered weapon. The harder to lunge aspect balances out a weapon that is a one hit kill

I hope the sword lunge distance is at least farther than the hammer’s range. Because reducing the sword lunge distance would make indifferent to the gravity hammer, except it having splash damage.