Halo 4 Swat

Edited by Moderator due to inappropriate gamertag.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

From what I’ve seen in videos for Halo 4 there are now 4 options for base precision weapons, DMR, BR, Carbine, and the Light Rifle (I think thats what its called). So does anyone have any idea how the Swat game type is going to work in Halo 4? Will they have options like Swat DMRs, Swat BRs etc. or will there be a list of default load outs to choose from, each one containing a different precision weapon. Or will Swat be absent from MP Matchmaking? Any ideas?

I just hope that SWAT will return as a gametype, have they confirmed any gametypes yet? (Infinity slayer is one)

Well in halo 3 SWAT you could pick up carbines, magnums, and Battle Rifles. Probably something like that plus the DMR, the light rifle is a power weapon so that won’t be in the playlist (most likely)

I’ve heard that at E3 there was some CTF being played but I haven’t seen any footage of it

> Well in halo 3 SWAT you could pick up carbines, magnums, and Battle Rifles. Probably something like that plus the DMR, the light rifle is a power weapon so that won’t be in the playlist (most likely)

That sounds like a legitimate possibility. And is the Light Rifle really considered a power weapon? In the campaign demo it didn’t seem very powerful. At least not more so than the BR

> > Well in halo 3 SWAT you could pick up carbines, magnums, and Battle Rifles. Probably something like that plus the DMR, the light rifle is a power weapon so that won’t be in the playlist (most likely)
>
> That sounds like a legitimate possibility. And is the Light Rifle really considered a power weapon? In the campaign demo it didn’t seem very powerful. At least not more so than the BR

I’m just guessing based on the footage I’ve seen, it DESTROYS humans

I don’t think the light rifle is pickable for a loadout. If it is, then I will use it lol.

> I just hope that SWAT will return as a gametype, have they confirmed any gametypes yet? (Infinity slayer is one)

Confirmed are Infinity Slayer, Slayer and Regicide (can’t remember where I saw this, think it was in an E3 vid or a weekly update)

I would prefer no map pickups in SWAT. Just the different gametypes, like SWAT BRs, SWAT DMRs and SWAT Magnums (if necessary.)

Even an extra gametype which features a loadout with both the DMR and BR would be really nice. That could be regular SWAT, with you being able to choose which of the two you want as your primary, with the other as secondary.

i think swat will definetly be in halo 4. i also think that it will be just called SWAT and you will be able to choose your favorite precision weapon which ever precision weapon shoots the fastest will be the most popular gun.

SWAT’s most definitely going to be in Halo 4, I don’t see why they wouldn’t when it’s been such a popular playlist in previous titles. I believe you’ll be able to either start with the Carbine, DMR, or BR, with a Pistol secondary, but I wouldn’t include the Lightrifle, for it’s rate of fire seems drastically slower than the DMR/BR/Carbine. I wouldn’t rule it out of the picture, but I wouldn’t want it in.

My guess is you will spawn with a BR. And then the DMR, Carbine etc will be pick ups, Kind of like how Halo 3 SWAT had the Carbine as a pick up.

That, or they will have different varients. SWAT BR’s SWAT DMR’s etc.

I doubt they will talk about SWAT specifically for awhile, if at all.

> Well in halo 3 SWAT you could pick up carbines, magnums, and Battle Rifles. Probably something like that plus the DMR, the light rifle is a power weapon so that won’t be in the playlist (most likely)

Whoever said it was a power weapon? It may do a bit more damage than the DMR, but it has a noticibly slower rate of fire.

As far as loadouts go, my guess is that the lightrifle is a high tier unlock.

I think it will do what reach did and have different gamemodes, then again who knows

> I think it will do what reach did and have different gamemodes

I hope so. BR SWAT, DMR Swat, CC SWAT, Magnums SWAT, etc.

There’ll probably be ‘SWAT Magnums’, ‘SWAT DMR’s’, ect. on the SWAT playlist. We don’t really know, it’s all assumptions and speculation at this point.

> > > Well in halo 3 SWAT you could pick up carbines, magnums, and Battle Rifles. Probably something like that plus the DMR, the light rifle is a power weapon so that won’t be in the playlist (most likely)
> >
> > That sounds like a legitimate possibility. And is the Light Rifle really considered a power weapon? In the campaign demo it didn’t seem very powerful. At least not more so than the BR
>
> I’m just guessing based on the footage I’ve seen, it DESTROYS humans

you must be talking about the scattergun,which is kind like the Forerunner version of the shotgun lol.

the lightrifle I think looks more like a power weapon

and I like the idea of their being a variety in swat sounds exciting that’s if SWAT is even in the game

Regular swat should only be DMRs and Carbines as they are single shot. The BR with its burst fire/spread is almost cheating and BR swat should be its own gametype.

I see what you guys are saying about single shot weapons only. Although if thats the case then it almost seems like the dmr would become extinct in Swat because of its slow fire rate (compared with Carbine)

Perhaps even spawn with a default load out in which you have both the BR and DMR, then make the Carbine a pick up weapon with only one or two located on the map as the high fire rate would give it an advantage. Or maybe even starting only with the low fire rate DMR, then have both Carbine and BR as pick ups, since the fire rate on the Carbine and the burst of the BR both are advantageous over the single, slow rate DMR