Halo 4 Survival - City Survival

You really need to add in a theme of survival though. It should be a map like in ODST, the campaign city. You have full access and can roam around. If you begin to kill alot the covenant will be alerted and send in reinforcements. If you are able to procide by kiling them, they send in bigger reinforcements. It could get from a wraith to a simple scarab. This would add in a huge sense of fear.

START

You begin with a pistol and roam the city. You will come across small squads of grunts and covies.

You can gain weapons by going through buildings and picking them up.

As you continue through this adventure, you can pick up armor. Gain ODST and Spartan armor later. These would provide help by giving you a HUD and extra damage.

Objectives will be thrown in, such as taking over a building; evacuating civilians; etc…

This would become a story of its own, a story you craft. You create your story by the way you play.

At times and flood infestation would occur and you would be sent in to neutralize it.

I believe you should have full access to the city. I mean you can take trains to get across or cars. You can roam the rooftops and parachute down onto the battlefield. You can take over a phantom and man a scarab.

This would be a new mode called survival. A new and interactive experaince.

Possibly you could even call in AI to help you. If you find a radio, you could bring it along and it would fill your equipment slot. At times where you need help, you call in some ODST’s and they will come down in drop pods to help you fight through the enemies.

It would work on a point system. Each covie you kill is 100 pts. Each objective you do is 1000 pts. As you earn more points, the threat level increases. More covenant will be on your back. To lower the threat level, you simply get away from the battle or hide. (Thanks for Sircampsalot for the point idea and threat system)

Love it, AWESOME idea OP

Thank you. I was getting worried on what comments would be like. I am thinking about messaging 343i about this if I can.

> Thank you. I was getting worried on what comments would be like. I am thinking about messaging 343i about this if I can.

Yea you should, It would be pretty hard to make though. Maybe even too hard. :frowning:

I mean if they did it with ODST they should be able to with 4. I mean think about how technology has evolved now.

Remember too, there need to set a good start for this trilogy. It would bring in many players.

> I mean if they did it with ODST they should be able to with 4. I mean think about how technology has evolved now.
>
> Remember too, there need to set a good start for this trilogy. It would bring in many players.

Yea and another forums post about custom game MM support is great and everything but the population of H4 would have to stay at a high number for that to even be fun, and making something like this would probably draw in alot of new or even old halo fans.

> > I mean if they did it with ODST they should be able to with 4. I mean think about how technology has evolved now.
> >
> > Remember too, there need to set a good start for this trilogy. It would bring in many players.
>
> Yea and another forums post about custom game MM support is great and everything but the population of H4 would have to stay at a high number for that to even be fun, and making something like this would probably draw in alot of new or even old halo fans.

The custom game MM is risky though. But this is a single player AND multiplayer thing. You could bring in your friend and he would be his spartan/ODST/marine that he is in his game.

> > > I mean if they did it with ODST they should be able to with 4. I mean think about how technology has evolved now.
> > >
> > > Remember too, there need to set a good start for this trilogy. It would bring in many players.
> >
> > Yea and another forums post about custom game MM support is great and everything but the population of H4 would have to stay at a high number for that to even be fun, and making something like this would probably draw in alot of new or even old halo fans.
>
> The custom game MM is risky though. But this is a single player AND multiplayer thing. You could bring in your friend and he would be his spartan/ODST/marine that he is in his game.

Yea I think that I would rather see you playing as a spartan and a spartan only. lol just because…spartans are AMAZING

But if you are a spartan you are basically impossible to kill. You want to start off as a marine to make your choices risky. You may or may not, thats how the game should be.

> But if you are a spartan you are basically impossible to kill. You want to start off as a marine to make your choices risky. You may or may not, thats how the game should be.

Yea as I was entering that post I thought that you would be hard to kill. Possibly you could start out as a civilian and basically you and you friends could be a local militia?

That sounds good. You start off by maybe coming out of your house with a pistol you own and begin your story from there.

I feel like maybe you should progress to form your own little “squad”

Anyway I am going to bed I will continue this in the morning.

This wouldnt really be FF.

Maybe a new gamemode.

But brilliant.

i have to say, this is one of the most creative and unique ideas I have ever seen. I have never played anything even remotely close to what you are describing, and now I really really want to.

There are a few things I’m not sure about. Like finding ODST/Spartan armor, i believe you should just start as spartans.

But the whole premise and overall concept is just incredible.

This is how i would do it. Its far to large to just have a simple wave based firefight model. Instead it should truly be its own unique gamemode.

It is up to 4 players. Everyone spawns with a pistol. ( gonna hold off on starting with armor abilities). it starts very similar to how ODST starts, just you and your friends roaming through the streets taking out small squads of grunts. The game is point based. You collect points by completing objectives, killing enemies, and performing specific actions. Like firefight, the point of the gamemode is to get as many points as possible. the best way of getting points is by completing objectives. Objectives are completely random everytime. You may get an objective to clear a building of hostile covenant, assassinate a brute cheiftan ( example), help a squad of marines hold out in time for there evac to arrive and so on. They are all completely random.

Like I said the waves start small, but as you progress and complete objectives collecting points, the threat level increases. The threat level is a small diamond on your hud. In that diamond is a number from 1-5. 1-2 are green diamonds which means the alert levels are relatively low and the enemies will mostly consist of grunts and jackals, 3-4 are yellow which is caution. Brutes show up to help and the occasional hunter pair will appear. Threat level 5 means the covies are actively seeking you out. Phantoms patrol through the streets for you. Snipers are posted on the rooftops, and the best the covenant has to offer is out on the frontlines. Now if you stay back for a very long time the threat level will eventually go down, but all that time you sit waiting is time you aren’t doing your objective and you could lose it if you wait to long.

This goes on until your squad dies and has lost all of their lives.

The only way to get lives back is to complete objectives. Objectives also give other bonuses like weapons and armor abilities ( if they are in the game).

Those are just my thoughts on your idea. i have taken quite a liking to it. i hope 343 sees this.

Thank you. I am sure the point system would work well.

Please do not be shy to post. I need all the feedback I can get.

If I read this right then you saying that it is a different mode from the campaing and I like it. Although there are a few problems, like one we dont know who the enemies are, we dont know what type of landscape it could be (city, forerunner, etc…). With that in mind we wouldnt know what type of weapons or transportation are avaible. I do have one small thing I dont like about it though, I dont like the idea were you have to work for your armor. Other than that I love the idea.

I am thinking about maybe starting as a Spartan but lets say the enimies are on legendary. I think that would make it better.

well mabye give the option to spawn as a spartan or an ODST

I guess there can be a quick customize character screen at the begining.

Sounds good, except not in a city. It should be something to do with the planet MC is on. like some kind of forerunner environment.