HALO 4 - Suggestion Index (last Updated 12/06/11)

====================================
SUGGESTION INDEX

Hey everyone, I decided to put together a collection of the best ideas for your convenience! Let me know with a PM if you have any great/popular/well-written ideas/threads to add. The most popular threads are not always generally agreed upon. Post ideas/threads you want me to add here. Generic ideas will be ignored. This is a work in progress.

General Suggestions
In-Depth Elite Armor Customization
Aim Acceleration On/Off Option
Armory Wishlist
Add “Flip-HUD” to Halo 4! (Lefties rejoice!)
Custom Loading Screens in Halo 4

Gameplay
Sandbox Gameplay balance and how it should work
Bring back Equipment for Halo 4
The Equipment/AA Solution for Halo 4

Campaign
Rise of the Elephants (The Elephant’s Return)

Multiplayer
Playing as The Flood in Infection
Death Effects
The Maps of Halo 4
Dog Tags: Work your way up the Hitlist of Multiplayer!
Character-Held Weapons Customization

Forge
Improving Forge in Halo 4
Drop Pods for Halo 4 Forge

Firefight
What Firefight 3.0 Should Be (awesome!)

Weapons
The Absolute BEST Solution to the Rifle’s Return
Online Weapon Lowering in Halo 4

Absolute Beautiful. This was needed for a long long time.

Just keep it updated, and there are a lot more Mutiplayer suggestions out there. Can everyone also drop “ReversingTime” thanks for this.

More vehicles, and fun Vehicular combat

it shouldn’t be up to DMR spammers to kill a vehicle, it should be up to the guy with the heavy weapon

I made a seperate thread fo this but maybe it will do better in here

I think halo 4 should be halo 3’s sequel (no just in the story but in the gameplay aswell)

I don’t think halo 4 should be a halo 3.5 but i wouldn’t mind seeing the best aspects from all the games combined.

Campaign (a mix between halo ce’s exploration and sense of mystery, odst’s great atmosphere, halo 2’s variety of locations and halo 3’s scale.)

Matchmaking ( a balanced, fun, innovative multiplayer which brings new to the table yet still keeping what we all love about halo) As long as the maps are better suited for modes than reaches launch maps.

Side note: My main map gripe with reach was that there was that there was small maps and huge maps and no middlespace (remember maps like last resort and Highground which weren’t huge maps but they still had some Vehicles and had some breathing space without going minutes without combat) especially in 4 vs 4 games!

Firefight:Im thinking firefight this time should lean more towards odsts survial mode feel rather than reach’s arcade feel, while still keeping halo reaches vast customization, (also i wouldn’t mind having the option to fight covies and flood even if they don’t appear in the story, even if they are just recycled ai and models from past games.

side note: Perhaps taking a couple hints from gears of war’s horde mode (the only aspect in which i want halo 4 to copy from other games)]

Forge: I want a full farcry esq map editor but i can’t realisticly see this happening so I would settle for the forge world concept being expanded a bit to include different forge worlds (city, artic, ect).

However I don’t want every other map in matchmaking to be forged!

[Theater: Would settle for exactly what we had in halo 3 (suggestions?)

New Modes: So many ideas but so little ways to explain trough writing!

Open to your suggestions !

> Absolute Beautiful. This was needed for a long long time.
>
> Just keep it updated, and there are a lot more Mutiplayer suggestions out there. Can everyone also drop “ReversingTime” thanks for this.

Thanks. I’m updating it now, actually. It’s hard to find suggestions when about half of the forum is speculation, which is just as great. I’ll try to update this daily, and remember to PM me threads I should add to the index.

Updated today with more posts.
A post I enjoyed was specifically this post because it goes in-depth on the possibilities of a firefight upgrade and is well-written.

You should find and add this game type this guy thought up. It is two teams fight, and each team has an oracle. The oracles cant kill, only build and spawn things for their team to use, and the buy these things from points earned by kills that your team received. It does need tweaking, but it is a great idea.

I approve this thread!
Thanks for including my armory thread! :slight_smile:

pelicans, longswords, shortswords, skyhawks, sabres, seraphs, elephants, vultures, vampires, scarabs

> You should find and add this game type this guy thought up. It is two teams fight, and each team has an oracle. The oracles cant kill, only build and spawn things for their team to use, and the buy these things from points earned by kills that your team received. It does need tweaking, but it is a great idea.

I’ll try to find it. Sounds pretty good.

Keep the ideas posted here and keep contributing!

Why is the Halo 3 magnum thread there? Almost everybody in that thread was against the idea of bringing that atrocity of a weapon back for Halo 4. Besides that, good thread.

wow… all the things posted on the original post covered everything i could think of. amazing

I’d like it if you could use Phantoms/Spirits/Pelicans in Forge mode. Maybe even the option to add bigger ships like Assault carriers in the background of maps for show. Like the three Cruisers that are on Highlands. These ships wouldn’t do anything, they’d just be there in the background.

i think this will be something big…

I don’t see a catergory for forge. Did you forget or does this index not apply?

Here is a link to add,just to get started

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst46731_Improving-Forge-in-halo-4.aspx

> I’d like it if you could use Phantoms/Spirits/Pelicans in Forge mode. Maybe even the option to add bigger ships like Assault carriers in the background of maps for show. Like the three Cruisers that are on Highlands. These ships wouldn’t do anything, they’d just be there in the background.

great minds think alike. Ive seen hundreds of people ask for phantoms/pelicans in forge, but never an idea w/ a n assault carrier background. That would be awesome!

> Why is the Halo 3 magnum thread there? Almost everybody in that thread was against the idea of bringing that atrocity of a weapon back for Halo 4. Besides that, good thread.

Oops! Didn’t see that, thanks. Edited it out. :slight_smile:

> I don’t see a catergory for forge. Did you forget or does this index not apply?
>
> Here is a link to add,just to get started
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst46731_Improving-Forge-in-halo-4.aspx

Yeah, I didn’t have a Forge category yet because there’s not many forge suggestions that I saw. (even then, most are forge wishlists, as much as I like them.)