Halo 4 Story speculation

So My friends and i have been doing a lot of reading on the halo wiki/forums and we’ve come up with a lot of speculation about the campaign – I hope this will give some people a break from the endless multiplayer squabble :stuck_out_tongue:

Again - non of this is confirmed whatsoever so don’t hold me to this XD

Also if you guys have any idea of your own, id be happy to put them in the main topic.

First: Chief is a forerunner – Now before u freak out there are two sources that support this,

  1. in halo 3 in the mission “Cortana” he says “Son of my enemy” referring to the forerunners. This would make chief a “son of a forerunner.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwH2j_bmdro (he says it a 1:30)

  1. When 343 is raging at the end of halo 3 right after killing Johnson, he tells chief “you are a child of my makers, inheritor of all they left behind, you are forerunner” Now this is direct “proof” of chief being forerunner

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvXUaO7FJg (he says it at 1:10)

Im not saying that chief is forerunner directly (cause that would be just weird and inconceivable) but maybe chief has some sort of special bond with the forerunners…. Again it’s all speculation

Second – The precursors fight WITH us (humanity) against forerunners. Back along time ago (near the times of the human- forerunner war) the precursors passed down a religious device called the mantle. This was originally supposed to be for the humans but instead the forerunners took it (no-one knows how). This might imply that the precursors liked the humans and trusted them more (because they wanted them to inherit the mantle) Which might mean that they fight with the humans against the forerunners :stuck_out_tongue:

Side note: Right before the forerunners became extinct they may have passed the mantle down to the humans (thus giving them the reclaimer status)

Third – You (chief) fight against the precursors but the precursors fight with the humans. If you do in fact have some relationship with the forerunners then the precursors would probably not like you that much :stuck_out_tongue: (as the forerunners killed all the precursors) This could mean that the precursors might try to turn humanity against you :open_mouth: (this would be more likely in halo 5 because it was stated that halo 5 was going to be “Darker”)

This is good and I see all the points you make, it would be interesting to fight with the Precursors but fighting against humanity seems far-fetched, I would also like to see how the covenant is involved in this and what the Precursors/Forerunners think of them, good post!

> First: Chief is a forerunner – Now before u freak out there are two sources that support this,
>
> 1. in halo 3 in the mission “Cortana” he says “Son of my enemy” referring to the forerunners. This would make chief a “son of a forerunner.
>
> Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwH2j_bmdro (he says it a 1:30)
>
> 2. When 343 is raging at the end of halo 3 right after killing Johnson, he tells chief “you are a child of my makers, inheritor of all they left behind, you are forerunner” Now this is direct “proof” of chief being forerunner
>
> Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvXUaO7FJg (he says it at 1:10)
>
> Im not saying that chief is forerunner directly (cause that would be just weird and inconceivable) but maybe chief has some sort of special bond with the forerunners…. Again it’s all speculation

Simply wrong. Chief is not a Forerunner in species, but there MIGHT be something in connection. Halo: Cryptum and Primordium establish humanity and Forerunner as separate races, both created by a race of beings named the Precursors. Now the Librarian, the chief Lifeworker of the Forerunners, has given certain humans geas, or a sort of genetic memory and series of commands. Some speculate this is Chief’s luck, but that has yet to be confirmed.

As for your evidence, you misunderstand it. 343 Guilty Spark was rampant when he made his statement and any direct meaning behind it is incorrect due to the Forerunner books. With Gravemind, it’s statement is technically true. We are the children of the Forerunners, just not literally. They ended up adopting us as their inheritors, yet the circumstances regarding that decision are up in the air.

> Second – The precursors fight WITH us (humanity) against forerunners. Back along time ago (near the times of the human- forerunner war) the precursors passed down a religious device called the mantle. This was originally supposed to be for the humans but instead the forerunners took it (no-one knows how). This might imply that the precursors liked the humans and trusted them more (because they wanted them to inherit the mantle) Which might mean that they fight with the humans against the forerunners :stuck_out_tongue:

Because that’s why the Timeless One said the Flood was going to be sent to test us for the Mantle and if we fail, too bad. The Precursors are going to be the main antagonists, yet more than likely act through other means and not as a direct threat.

> Side note: Right before the forerunners became extinct they may have passed the mantle down to the humans (thus giving them the reclaimer status)

Forerunners are alive.

> Third – You (chief) fight against the precursors but the precursors fight with the humans. If you do in fact have some relationship with the forerunners then the precursors would probably not like you that much :stuck_out_tongue: (as the forerunners killed all the precursors) This could mean that the precursors might try to turn humanity against you :open_mouth: (this would be more likely in halo 5 because it was stated that halo 5 was going to be “Darker”)

Precursors are no ally to us, the Forerunners have no reason to fight us either and it serves their best self-interests.

Frankly, your theories aren’t very good and your understanding of the lore is pretty mediocre.

Ehh… I dont know… Blarg

> > First: Chief is a forerunner – Now before u freak out there are two sources that support this,
> >
> > 1. in halo 3 in the mission “Cortana” he says “Son of my enemy” referring to the forerunners. This would make chief a “son of a forerunner.
> >
> > Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwH2j_bmdro (he says it a 1:30)
> >
> > 2. When 343 is raging at the end of halo 3 right after killing Johnson, he tells chief “you are a child of my makers, inheritor of all they left behind, you are forerunner” Now this is direct “proof” of chief being forerunner
> >
> > Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvXUaO7FJg (he says it at 1:10)
> >
> > Im not saying that chief is forerunner directly (cause that would be just weird and inconceivable) but maybe chief has some sort of special bond with the forerunners…. Again it’s all speculation
>
> Simply wrong. Chief is not a Forerunner in species, but there MIGHT be something in connection. Halo: Cryptum and Primordium establish humanity and Forerunner as separate races, both created by a race of beings named the Precursors. Now the Librarian, the chief Lifeworker of the Forerunners, has given certain humans geas, or a sort of genetic memory and series of commands. Some speculate this is Chief’s luck, but that has yet to be confirmed.
>
> As for your evidence, you misunderstand it. 343 Guilty Spark was rampant when he made his statement and any direct meaning behind it is incorrect due to the Forerunner books. With Gravemind, it’s statement is technically true. We are the children of the Forerunners, just not literally. They ended up adopting us as their inheritors, yet the circumstances regarding that decision are up in the air.
>
>
>
> > Second – The precursors fight WITH us (humanity) against forerunners. Back along time ago (near the times of the human- forerunner war) the precursors passed down a religious device called the mantle. This was originally supposed to be for the humans but instead the forerunners took it (no-one knows how). This might imply that the precursors liked the humans and trusted them more (because they wanted them to inherit the mantle) Which might mean that they fight with the humans against the forerunners :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Because that’s why the Timeless One said the Flood was going to be sent to test us for the Mantle and if we fail, too bad. The Precursors are going to be the main antagonists, yet more than likely act through other means and not as a direct threat.
>
>
>
> > Side note: Right before the forerunners became extinct they may have passed the mantle down to the humans (thus giving them the reclaimer status)
>
> Forerunners are alive.
>
>
>
> > Third – You (chief) fight against the precursors but the precursors fight with the humans. If you do in fact have some relationship with the forerunners then the precursors would probably not like you that much :stuck_out_tongue: (as the forerunners killed all the precursors) This could mean that the precursors might try to turn humanity against you :open_mouth: (this would be more likely in halo 5 because it was stated that halo 5 was going to be “Darker”)
>
> Precursors are no ally to us, the Forerunners have no reason to fight us either and it serves their best self-interests.
>
> Frankly, your theories aren’t very good and your understanding of the lore is pretty mediocre.

he didnt say he was a direct species he said there could be some sort of bond

> he didnt say he was a direct species he said there could be some sort of bond

> but there MIGHT be something in connection. Halo: Cryptum and Primordium establish humanity and Forerunner as separate races, both created by a race of beings named the Precursors. Now the Librarian, the chief Lifeworker of the Forerunners, has given certain humans geas, or a sort of genetic memory and series of commands. Some speculate this is Chief’s luck, but that has yet to be confirmed.

I acknowledged that. Reading comprehension is key.

> Frankly, your theories aren’t very good and your understanding of the lore is pretty mediocre.

Heh, well i was kinda excepting that.

My only defense is that a lot of people know and suspect that the precursors will be the enemy 343 might want to switch it up. If they’re creating they’re own new trilogy why not do something unexpected like making the precursors an ally. It could be like the halo CE first flood encounter scene all over again… something you were not excepting at all.

The ending part of the post was pure speculation while the beginning was more “educated guesses”

Edit:

> Simply wrong. Chief is not a Forerunner in species, but there MIGHT be something in connection. Halo: Cryptum and Primordium establish humanity and Forerunner as separate races, both created by a race of beings named the Precursors. Now the Librarian, the chief Lifeworker of the Forerunners, has given certain humans geas, or a sort of genetic memory and series of commands. Some speculate this is Chief’s luck, but that has yet to be confirmed.
>
> As for your evidence, you misunderstand it. 343 Guilty Spark was rampant when he made his statement and any direct meaning behind it is incorrect due to the Forerunner books. With Gravemind, it’s statement is technically true. We are the children of the Forerunners, just not literally. They ended up adopting us as their inheritors, yet the circumstances regarding that decision are up in the air.

> Im not saying that chief is forerunner directly (cause that would be just weird and inconceivable) but maybe chief has some sort of special bond with the forerunners

(by me)

> Chief is not a Forerunner in species, but there MIGHT be something in connection

(by you)

Now i realize my you doubt my evidence but arn’t these two statements pretty much the same…

I never said he was a forerunner, i just said he had some special bond… and thank you for clarifying that (if the Liberians geas actually affect his luck) I had never heard that before :slight_smile: (cool btw)

> Heh, well i was kinda excepting that.
>
> My only defense is that a lot of people know and suspect that the precursors will be the enemy 343 might want to switch it up. <mark>If they’re creating they’re own new trilogy why not do something unexpected like making the precursors an ally.</mark> It could be like the halo CE first flood encounter scene all over again… something you were not excepting at all.

Because that is what they’ve established in the Forerunner novels. And I have to ask, unless you’ve read the novels, how would anyone know what the Precursors even are? So teh surprise factor is still there.

Good point^^… blarg

> And I have to ask, unless you’ve read the novels, how would anyone know what the Precursors even are? So teh surprise factor is still there.

Mostly these forums/ halo wiki and my cousin telling me about the books :stuck_out_tongue:

I should go read em :stuck_out_tongue:

If your talking about the general public and teh surprise factor well the precursors are pretty easy to find out about :stuck_out_tongue: Like im sure 30% or more of the fans know at least a tiny bit about them by this point

> Good point^^… blarg
>
>
>
> > And I have to ask, unless you’ve read the novels, how would anyone know what the Precursors even are? So teh surprise factor is still there.
>
> Mostly these forums/ halo wiki and my cousin telling me about the books :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I should go read em :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> If your talking about the general public and teh surprise factor well the precursors are pretty easy to find out about :stuck_out_tongue: <mark>Like im sure 30% or more of the fans know at least a tiny bit about them by this point</mark>

Unless you went through the Halo 3 Beastrium and got a vague reference and then read the books, not likely.

> Frankly, your theories aren’t very good and your understanding of the lore is pretty mediocre.

That wasn’t necessary. The forums are a place for everybody who enjoys Halo, from those who are new to the franchise to those that have been with it since the beginning. If you feel your knowledge is superior, then feel free to share your wisdom, next time without the judgment.

> > Frankly, your theories aren’t very good and your understanding of the lore is pretty mediocre.
>
> That wasn’t necessary. The forums are a place for everybody who enjoys Halo, from those who are new to the franchise to those that have been with it since the beginning. If you feel your knowledge is superior, then feel free to share your wisdom, next time without the judgment.

Yeah, i agree, and i think everypony on this forums deserves the same respect as other ponies do!

> > Frankly, your theories aren’t very good and your understanding of the lore is pretty mediocre.
>
> That wasn’t necessary. The forums are a place for everybody who enjoys Halo, from those who are new to the franchise to those that have been with it since the beginning. If you feel your knowledge is superior, then feel free to share your wisdom, next time without the judgment.

It’s just honesty ma’am. I did not think the idea was well put together, I found some issues and his/her knowledge does appear lacking. You assume I’m trying to push him/her away, I’m not. We’ve been discussing politely and he/she is taking it just fine. And to the person below Angel, you earn respect.

Im a he (so you can stop doing his/her) XD and back on topic

> Unless you went through the Halo 3 Beastrium and got a vague reference and then read the books, not likely.

Beastruim…? i just learned about them from watching a analysis on the halo concpect art trailer and also by spending only like 10 minutes on halo wiki. From just that i learned that they came before the forerunners, the forerunners killed alot of them and they had somehow connected to the flood

Also kind of a noob question:

Are book “official” sources of information about the storyline?

Also, just looked at the clock… 1:17 :open_mouth:

Yes…they are official canon (although I’d like Glasslands to not be so but oh well).

> Im a he (so you can stop doing his/her) XD and back on topic

Odd day when Admins go off-topic eh? XD

> Beastruim…? i just learned about them from watching a analysis on the halo concpect art trailer and also by spending only like 10 minutes on halo wiki. From just that i learned that they came before the forerunners, the forerunners killed alot of them and they had somehow connected to the flood

The Legendary Edition and I think Limited Edition of Halo 3 has this special DVD that talked about certain things like the alien races and such. And while the wikis are okay, the books provide accurate facts, not second-hand speculation. You have the basic idea, but it’s much bigger in reality.

> Also kind of a noob question:
>
> Are book “official” sources of information about the storyline?
>
> Also, just looked at the clock… 1:17 :open_mouth:

Books are official story sources.

I’ve also been looking a lot into the Halo lore to try to piece together what Halo 4 will be like. Here are my thoughts.

As far as what state all of the factions are in, the Covenant are in disarray, and are in conflict with one another. There will still be some members of the different species working together and whatnot, as 343 has made it clear that the Covenant will be in the game. I’m sure that must mean they’re still somewhat working together. As for the UNSC, we know that there will be a storyline reason for the multiplayer in Halo 4. My first thought is a possible civil war among the humans, but it seems like that would be odd so soon after finishing an already-devastating war against the Covenant. We’ll have to see.

As for Master Chief and Cortana. We know that Cortana is reaching the end of her “life cycle”, and I think that’s probably where they’re going to explore Master Chief’s “humanity”. Master Chief has spent the vast majority of his life doing nothing but fight for the UNSC, he’s lived a life of formality and war. Cortana is not only the “person” he cares about more than anyone else, she symbolizes his emotional side, she’s been there for him and helped him become who he is. If he loses her, he’ll have lost everything that is personal to him. And that will be a massive emotional blow to him. I’m sure that’s where Halo 5 will go, since it will be a very dark story, as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

As for the main enemy, unless it’s something that has never been explored in any Halo lore before, I think we will probably be fighting the Precursor. The Timeless One, the supposedly last living Precursor, did mention that other Precursor had survived. Maybe they’ll be returning. But I’m also certain we will also meet some Forerunner, since 343 has mentioned new Forerunner weapons and vehicles. But there’s really no telling who’s good and who’s bad, and definitely no telling who will be in Halo 4. But we will see.

> I’ve also been looking a lot into the Halo lore to try to piece together what Halo 4 will be like. Here are my thoughts.
>
> As far as what state all of the factions are in, the Covenant are in disarray, and are in conflict with one another. There will still be some members of the different species working together and whatnot, as 343 has made it clear that the Covenant will be in the game. I’m sure that must mean they’re still somewhat working together. As for the UNSC, we know that there will be a storyline reason for the multiplayer in Halo 4. My first thought is a possible civil war among the humans, but it seems like that would be odd so soon after finishing an already-devastating war against the Covenant. We’ll have to see.
>
> As for Master Chief and Cortana. We know that Cortana is reaching the end of her “life cycle”, and I think that’s probably where they’re going to explore Master Chief’s “humanity”. Master Chief has spent the vast majority of his life doing nothing but fight for the UNSC, he’s lived a life of formality and war. Cortana is not only the “person” he cares about more than anyone else, she symbolizes his emotional side, she’s been there for him and helped him become who he is. If he loses her, he’ll have lost everything that is personal to him. And that will be a massive emotional blow to him. I’m sure that’s where Halo 5 will go, since it will be a very dark story, as was mentioned earlier in this thread.
>
> As for the main enemy, unless it’s something that has never been explored in any Halo lore before, I think we will probably be fighting the Precursor. The Timeless One, the supposedly last living Precursor, did mention that other Precursor had survived. Maybe they’ll be returning. But I’m also certain we will also meet some Forerunner, since 343 has mentioned new Forerunner weapons and vehicles. But there’s really no telling who’s good and who’s bad, and definitely no telling who will be in Halo 4. But we will see.

All pretty good. The Covenant one, though they are in the game, should’ve been shelved in my opinion. Halo 3 should’ve been the end of the Covenant, a few stragglers should remain sure, but if all the races are together, bleh, so much for the Great Schism.

> Im a he (so you can stop doing his/her) XD and back on topic
>
>
>
> > Unless you went through the Halo 3 Beastrium and got a vague reference and then read the books, not likely.
>
> Beastruim…? i just learned about them from watching a analysis on the halo concpect art trailer and also by spending only like 10 minutes on halo wiki. From just that i learned that they came before the forerunners, the forerunners killed alot of them and they had somehow connected to the flood
>
> Also kind of a noob question:
>
> Are book “official” sources of information about the storyline?
>
> Also, just looked at the clock… 1:17 :open_mouth:

If you don’t mind, I’d like to clear up a few things for you about the history of the Precursor and the Forerunner, hopefully help you get a better understanding of their relationship. The Precursor watched over all of the other races and chose which ones were worthy of living. They eventually decided that the Forerunner were not worthy, and tried to destroy them. The Forerunner fought back and won the war, leaving one Precursor left alive, The Timeless One (although The Timeless One mentioned that other Precursors had escaped the war, so it’s possible they’re still alive in Halo 4). The Forerunner took up the Mantle, which is not a physical object, but more of an ideal of taking the responsibility of being the guardians of the species of the galaxy. The Forerunner would eventually pass the Mantle on to the humans just before firing the Halo rings to fight the Flood.

Hmm, it seems rather far-fetched that John would team up against humanity, the people he’s been fighting for his whole life. While I do see your points and understand them, I’m afraid I just cannot agree with them, especially since the newer Halo books contradict pretty much everything you’ve said.

I must congratulate you for putting a lot of thought into your theory though, it’s nice to see people putting a lot of thought like this into their posts. :slight_smile: