Halo 4 story & campaign

Hey just posting to see what everyone’s opinion is with the way 343 has taken the story. I personally feel they have progressed the story to far for their first game with the halo franchise. Don’t get me wrong I like the game and story, I’m just not keen on where their going with it. I still prefer Halo CE, 2 and 3 over the Halo 4 story, I mean I hated what they did with Cortana and the story of the didact but that’s my opinion.

Everybody is just mad over the other flaws in Halo 4. The campaign was so awesome, and Reclaimer feels like a true Halo level, but I think they should’ve added some hunters to blow with the tank in that one. Just my opinion.

Yeah I agree with the campaign being awesome it’s just it didn’t match up to what Bungie did with the other halo’s.

I personally found it disappointing it felt rushed and it was not produced and fleshed out very well, too much seemed to be happening at once. The didact was also not a very good villan he just appeared from his cryptum then went back in and just persued him throughout the whole camapign like some kind of vigilante. And all the hype 343 gave the didact with the ancient evil awakens thing, the live action trailer and he was barely involved in the game.

And the fact that the main parts of the story was told through terminals is not a good sign of producing a story imo and not being able to watch then in game is even worse. The missions themselves were very boring and far too repetitive but the forerunner corridors you enter before meeting the librarian was beautiful that blue light that shone from the floor was very hypnotic and gave a proper forerunner vibe to it. The promethean enemies were very boring and dull as well. The charcters (out side MC and cortana) aren’t very likable I couldnt build any connection with them, I did like the little conversation between lasky and MC at the end and the scene with MC and cortana was emotional.

Now the music was incredibly lack luster, very unmemorable and doesn’t give the story any depth or atmosphere, none of it really fitted in to the campaign and did not help give the game an identity like the music did with first trilogy. I could listen to any halo 1-3 soundtrack and I would immediately remember the exact part of the campaign, what’s happening at that point, what level i was on. All of it was so memorable, oh and the mysterious and cryptic feeling that came from a lot of them was simply amazing. Neil Davidge didn’t do it for me and was massively disappointing.

Sorry for the negativity but Halo 4’s story and campaign was a let down.

Yeah I know what you mean, 343 have done no where near as good a job as Bungie did but I still enjoyed playing the campaign. It didn’t feel like part of the Halo story it felt like playing Reach or ODST.

I didn’t like what they did with Cortana and her rampancy but the scene with her an MC was really good, I just don’t know how they can replace cortana in Halo 5. I mean if they introduce a new A.I it just won’t be the same and I really hope they don’t replicate her because that would be stupid.

I can relate to what you said about the music in Halo 1, 2, & 3. I still know every mission just by the music, it really added depth to the game and made it more enjoyable for me. I still find it to be one of the best game soundtracks. I’m not bothered by the negativity, everyone is entitled to their opinion good or bad.

> Yeah I know what you mean, 343 have done no where near as good a job as Bungie did but I still enjoyed playing the campaign. It didn’t feel like part of the Halo story it felt like playing Reach or ODST.
>
> I didn’t like what they did with Cortana and her rampancy but the scene with her an MC was really good, I just don’t know how they can replace cortana in Halo 5. I mean if they introduce a new A.I it just won’t be the same and I really hope they don’t replicate her because that would be stupid.
>
> I can relate to what you said about the music in Halo 1, 2, & 3. I still know every mission just by the music, it really added depth to the game and made it more enjoyable for me. I still find it to be one of the best game soundtracks. I’m not bothered by the negativity, everyone is entitled to their opinion good or bad.

Well cortana did say that they would Pair MC with another AI or another cortana model but I personally think she will return, I think the librarian will be the reason she will return.

Good point I never really thought about that, do we really know that the real cortana is gone?

> Good point I never really thought about that, do we really know that the real cortana is gone?

We’re supposed to think she’s really gone but something tells me she’s not and she will be returning.

Yeah that could happen, it just wouldn’t be right without cortana.

Hmmmm trying to turn cortana into a real person (physically and emotionally) ruined it for me, was pretttty stupid I thought

Cortana needs to stay dead as far as I’m concerned. Her death and Chief having to move past that is the one thing the Halo 4 Campaign did right. Remove that and you have a series of unimaginative objectives, awkward characters, a TERRIBLE antagonist and a story you need four novels worth of text to properly understand. The Terminals were also a mess.