Halo 4 Sprint

Recently I’ve been playing Halo 4 in the MCC, and I think that sprint it so much more Halo - esque. It suits Halo, as in Halo 4, it isn’t a necessity. It’s there if you want to use it. This is seriously only because of how 343 mapped it, and the accessibility it has. You can’t slide around corners and jump pack your way into another room to one hit someone with your spartan charge, it’s literally just to get around quicker. I also like how less people would’ve use it, since it is ‘RB’ instead of the traditional layout of sprint on the Left Toggle.
Personally, I think that this is how it should have been done in Halo 5, with maps more suited for it. I might be a small majority though, what does everyone else think?

Button mapping can be changed now, so that’s not really relevant, but I feel that Halo 4’s maps struck a better balance with distances and choke points than Halo 5’s do, and that’s a huge factor when it comes to how Sprint feels on a map.

I like aspects of both, being able to Slide is nice, but Spartan Charge is a sworn enemy of mine.

In an ideal setting, shooting someone who is Sprinting would kick them back to normal movement regardless of how long they had been Sprinting.

Not sure I agree. As long as the maps are scaled for sprint, it will always be a necessity in both H4 and H5.

> 2533274810001991;2:
> Button mapping can be changed now, so that’s not really relevant, but I feel that Halo 4’s maps struck a better balance with distances and choke points than Halo 5’s do, and that’s a huge factor when it comes to how Sprint feels on a map.
>
> I like aspects of both, being able to Slide is nice, but Spartan Charge is a sworn enemy of mine.

I can understand you enjoying slide, I just feel as though that Halo is going to a more competitive style of gameplay rather than the slower paced older ones.
Plus I enjoyed Halo 4’s maps, going off topic a little. I think Ragnarok was a great remake to Valhalla.

> 2533274817806882;4:
> > 2533274810001991;2:
> > …
>
> I can understand you enjoying slide, I just feel as though that Halo is going to a more competitive style of gameplay rather than the slower paced older ones.
> Plus I enjoyed Halo 4’s maps, going off topic a little. I think Ragnarok was a great remake to Valhalla.

I can’t argue that the game is more… Competitively paced… But I don’t think that overall, Sprint and it’s associated abilities are the primary drivers of that change. I think you should be looking at the weapon tuning in that case.

I liked Ragnarok, but I prefer smaller maps unless I want to muck around in BTB.

> 2533274810001991;5:
> > 2533274817806882;4:
> > > 2533274810001991;2:
> > > …
> >
> > I can understand you enjoying slide, I just feel as though that Halo is going to a more competitive style of gameplay rather than the slower paced older ones.
> > Plus I enjoyed Halo 4’s maps, going off topic a little. I think Ragnarok was a great remake to Valhalla.
>
> I can’t argue that the game is more… Competitively paced… But I don’t think that overall, Sprint and it’s associated abilities are the primary drivers of that change. I think you should be looking at the weapon tuning in that case.
>
> I liked Ragnarok, but I prefer smaller maps unless I want to muck around in BTB.

I guess we’ll just have to see when the Halo 3 playlist is released on Halo 5 what makes the most difference, the guns or the abilities.

Please use the sprint discussion thread for all discussion concerning sprint.