halo 4 sprint(not a ability)

I hope 343i makes it so u can sprint when ever u want. Like halo 3 was great but adding this i think would make it better

ehh

Oh boy… OP, I would strongly recommend a flamesuit. People are attracted to theses threads like moths are to lights.

> Oh boy… OP, I would strongly recommend a flamesuit. People are attracted to theses threads like moths are to lights.

True that :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhoo personally i do not want to see sprint in Halo 4 because as far as i am concerned, Sprint would most likely mean slow movement speed’s again…

No strafe acceleration + fast base speed > sprint.

Also in addition a quick tap of a button that allows you to run away from a certain death rather than relying on your own personal skill, to me, that is a crutch and something i do not wish to see in Halo 4.

I agree. After using Sprint, I can’t really enjoy Halo as much without it. Even when I go back to Halo 3, I keep tapping the left bumper and it feels like there’s something missing.

Oh, and this is good advice:

> Oh boy… OP, I would strongly recommend a flamesuit. People are attracted to theses threads like moths are to lights.

> > Oh boy… OP, I would strongly recommend a flamesuit. People are attracted to theses threads like moths are to lights.
>
> True that :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Anyhoo personally i do not want to see sprint in Halo 4 because as far as i am concerned, Sprint would most likely mean slow movement speed’s again…
>
> No strafe acceleration + fast base speed > sprint.
>
> Also in addition a quick tap of a button that allows you to run away from a certain death rather than relying on your own personal skill, to me, that is a crutch and something i do not wish to see in Halo 4.

It could work like it does in Gears, you slow down when you get shot while sprinting.

Either that or you just stop when you get shot and have to fight it out.

The sprint needs to be a fluid motion between strafing to sprinting without any delay. It will then fit into gameplay perfect. In Reach, you always have to instant stop to sprint, then go to sprint everytime, delaying gameplay just for a small second.
I have faith the Devs at 343i will get it perfect for Halo 4. I can’t wait for the removal of strafe acceleration though.

-Yoink- no, man not another sprint thread. This easily has the pontential to hit multiple pages with non stop rants and flames. Sprint default, goodbye.

Ugh, I wish the sprint threads would stop. It just turns into the same old flamewar. The community is clearly split on it and 343 probably knows it. Just stop the threads and let 343 do what they think is best.

They’re only made of some of the top game developers around the country, which isn’t us. They know what they’re doing.

> > Oh boy… OP, I would strongly recommend a flamesuit. People are attracted to theses threads like moths are to lights.
>
> True that :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Anyhoo personally i do not want to see sprint in Halo 4 because as far as i am concerned, Sprint would most likely mean slow movement speed’s again…
>
> No strafe acceleration + fast base speed > sprint.
>
> Also in addition a quick tap of a button that allows you to run away from a certain death rather than relying on your own personal skill, to me, that is a crutch and something i do not wish to see in Halo 4.

I personally think this would be the best option. It’s no sprint but it allows the increased base speed that people want from sprint without the the other annoyances sprint caused.

i agree i never really saw sprint as an Armor ability as much as something i thought you should just always have

I think AA’s should be as they were in H3, something anyone on the map can pick up, aka equipment. And Sprint should be the only AA. No more AL or JP. Camo, drop shield, grav lift, and overshield should be equipment.

> I think AA’s should be as they were in H3, something anyone on the map can pick up, aka equipment. And Sprint should be the only AA. No more AL or JP. Camo, drop shield, grav lift, and overshield should be equipment.

That just gave me a neat idea. Imagine a JP like equipment with a one-time use, and as a pick-up of course. Allow players to bybass certain paths, without breaking/abusing the map.

Same here. Sprint is just a fundamental thing needed in any good first-person shooter.

If you always have it on, then it isn’t really Sprint–it’s just upgraded movement speed. Personally, I never had a problem with the movement speed in the other Halo games; in Reach, I use Sprint because it’s there.

> Same here. Sprint is just a fundamental thing needed in any good first-person shooter.

I’m still against sprint in Halo 4, even as a basic ability. First of all, sprint kills any small engagements. Without sprint, players are constantly engaging with others while traversing the map- even when a kill is unlikely. Players are constantly fighting for basic comfort. With sprint, players only ever engage in major conflicts- such as fighting for a major control point or a power weapon. Sprint also forces maps to be more open and longer- decreasing map variety and overall quality.

> Same here. Sprint is just a fundamental thing needed in any good first-person shooter.

Let me get this straight. Halo needs Sprint because other shooters have it? That is really dumb and unoriginal. The movement speed in the previous Halo games were perfect. Why would Halo 4 have Sprint in it? Halo does not need it.

Call of Duty is a First-Person Shooter. It sells well. It has Killstreaks, perks, and weapon attachments, so we should have them in Halo 4!

What about Battlefield? We could Sprint forever and there are huge maps, so why shouldn’t Halo have it?

Halo is different. It does not work. We need something new.

Enough with these threads! Be creative for once.

> If you always have it on, then it isn’t really Sprint–it’s just upgraded movement speed. Personally, I never had a problem with the movement speed in the other Halo games; in Reach, I use Sprint because it’s there.

thats not what he ment he just ment that you should always start off with sprint as your AA so like no more load outs just default is sprint and everything else is a pick up

Halo 1, 2 and 3 would like to disagree with you.

Correction. Sprint is a fundamental thing needed in any generic first-person shooter. Just because it has sprint doesn’t make it good, and just because other games have it doesn’t mean it has to also, especially if it doesn’t work well for gameplay, and IMO, sprint doesn’t work well in Reach. Why do I think so? Well:

Look at games like Tribes: Ascend and Section 8: Prejudice. Both those games feature either sprint/relatively fast movement as well as kill times around that of halo. Tribes and Section 8 along with these things also have maps that are large and wide open with a little cover scattered here and there. Why? Because in games where kill times are slow, allowing a player to speed away into cover only increases them, which can be annoying, so there’s a little cover here and there, but otherwise it can be somewhat hard to find a very near piece of cover you can safely hide behind before being ready to go back into the fight.

In games like CoD and Battlefield where kill times are relatively low, maps have plenty of cover and sprint. Why? Kill times are already fast, so they give you plenty of opportunities to slow or prevent being killed as quickly as you would if you were just on a large open map like in the previously mentioned two games, meaning both sprint and lots of cover. After all, without lots of cover, it would just be a game where everyone spawns and then kills each other in 2 seconds flat because there is practically no where to run to in an attempt to avoid being shot at. Sounds more annoying than fun to me. So where am I going with this?

Well, using this information, one can figure that there needs to be either open maps with sprint, or typical halo maps without sprint because those combos have proven to work best, and since I’d imagine most people wouldn’t want to be playing halo on relatively flat maps, no sprint but upped base movement on typical halo maps would probably work best. After all, you can’t have a sprint button in a game where there is plenty of cover to duck behind with kill times like those in halo, because it would be, and already is, just annoying and tedious to try to kill a guy who just runs straight to cover when he is getting shot, just as it would be annoying playing CoD on a map where there is almost no where to hide, save a few small rocks and some open buildings, and it would take forever to find anyone, and once you did, the encounter would be over as soon as it started, and then back to trekking to find a new person to gun down. Sure sounds boring to me anyways.