Halo 4 Sprint All Directions

Halo 4 Sprint should enable the player to instantly sprint backwards, forwards, and every direction diagonally with no wait or lag from when the player presses the Sprint button. This will bring back the awesome strafe gameplay that we used to have with the older Halo titles and eliminate the lag that holds us back in Halo: Reach all while innovating Sprint to be even better.

Faster actions and movement will feel much better and sprint will flow well with gameplay if it is revised this way. Especially with a good jump height and who knows what else 343i will bring to the sandbox. Of course the Sprint should still run out and need some time to recharge to players can’t infinitely sprint in all directions.
What are your thoughts on the Sprint system for H4?

Sprint wont be in Halo 4. If spartan2’s can run faster than a spartan3 anyway, why would they make it so you can sprint as a Spartan2? They would be way too fast, and how would a spartan sprint backwards?

I disagree, they should go back to the Halo 1,2 and 3 way of doing things and just not have Sprint in the game at all with faster running speeds. Things were much better that way.

No, then it would be too easy to run away.

> I disagree, they should go back to the Halo 1,2 and 3 way of doing things and just not have Sprint in the game at all with faster running speeds. Things were much better that way.

this exactly. sprint is terrible in games that have slow kill times.

I would say that Sprint shouldn’t be in H4, but what about Evade? I think that only Elites should have Evade (you should be able to change your race mid-game through the start menu but it should be a pain in the -Yoink-) and Spartans should have Sprint. If not Sprint, then maybe Elites take fall damage and Spartans don’t? Or maybe Spartans run slightly faster (they are S-IIs)? Or, maybe Spartans have some other movement-style ability, like slide? Or how bout the Sprint is totally different, where Spartans can move 3x quickly for a shorter period of time?

I think Spartans should have slightly faster running speeds, so that if an Elite and a Spartan were racing to a vehicle they would get there at the exact same time if the Elite used both of their Evades.

> Halo 4 Sprint should enable the player to instantly sprint backwards, forwards, and every direction diagonally with no wait or lag from when the player presses the Sprint button. This will bring back the awesome strafe gameplay that we used to have with the older Halo titles and eliminate the lag that holds us back in Halo: Reach all while innovating Sprint to be even better.
>
> Faster actions and movement will feel much better and sprint will flow well with gameplay if it is revised this way. Especially with a good jump height and who knows what else 343i will bring to the sandbox. Of course the Sprint should still run out and need some time to recharge to players can’t infinitely sprint in all directions.
> What are your thoughts on the Sprint system for H4?

No one wants slow kill times in Halo 4, that is a fact. We want CE/2 kill times which were ideal, and led to faster gameplay. If the kill times and movement speed are signifigantly faster than Halo 3 (disregarding Reach because it is FAR too slow) then I see no reason why Sprint shouldn’t function like this in Halo 4.

I know many people hate sprint, because they regard it as a rubbish armor ability and complain how it creates unfairness and slows down game-play. So what if you moved very fast normally, but after moving in the same direction for a certain amount of time you began to pick up speed rapidly, which would eventually result in the player moving 20 or 30% faster than usual in any direction, it would only restart if the player completely stopped, but it would not apply for switching directions (e.g. strafing left and right). This would make moving at that speed normal for everyone and make it a more realistic and feasible experience.

It could also be made to feel more realistic by adding better sounds for the faster movement, so it is clear to hear that you running very fast e.g. maybe dull metallic thuds on the floor that become more rapid as you get faster, maybe a little wind rushing past you visor, just to make it a better experience.

I think if it were looked into a bit more it could really work and maybe that way everybody would suffice. It would technically be default because your not holding your gun down to move faster, your just picking up speed and to other people you would appear to be picking up speed because the body would be moving in motion to the higher speed but still being able to function normally as you would in default.

> I know many people hate sprint, because they regard it as a rubbish armor ability and complain how it creates unfairness and slows down game-play. <mark>So what if you moved very fast normally, but after moving in the same direction for a certain amount of time you began to pick up speed rapidly, which would eventually result in the player moving 20 or 30% faster than usual in any direction, it would only restart if the player completely stopped</mark>, but it would not apply for switching directions (e.g. strafing left and right). This would make moving at that speed normal for everyone and make it a more realistic and feasible experience.
>
> It could also be made to feel more realistic by adding better sounds for the faster movement, so it is clear to hear that you running very fast e.g. maybe dull metallic thuds on the floor that become more rapid as you get faster, maybe a little wind rushing past you visor, just to make it a better experience.
>
> I think if it were looked into a bit more it could really work and maybe that way everybody would suffice. It would technically be default because your not holding your gun down to move faster, your just picking up speed and to other people you would appear to be picking up speed because the body would be moving in motion to the higher speed but still being able to function normally as you would in default.

That sounds perfect!!!

Sprint ruined Halo. There shouldn’t be anything that helps you move faster in any which direction. Halo 4 should play like Halo. Not call of duty with aliens.

Hmmm, ya… I don’t know if this is such a great idea. Besides, Spartan II’s move faster than Spartan III’s, there is really no need for sprint any longer.