Halo 4: Spawn Protection?

How would the community react to Spawn Protection being included in Halo 4 Multiplayer?

I like the inclusion of it in Gears Of War 3 and think it does change how people play the game for the better (eg no camping with the sniper rifle).

It could be turned on/off during certain game types maps if needed (eg SWAT & Invasion on Boneyard (in the latter giving Elites time to get to relative safety rather than being picked off with the DMR upon re-spawn).

Any thoughts?

No. No. No. No.

The option already exists via respawn traits.

Gears 3 and Halo cannot be compared with their gameplay since one is a cover based shooter and the other is an FPS. Gears is not meant to be played with respawns and that is why the protection exists whereas Halo was always meant for spawning anywhere on the map.

All Halo 4 talk is reserved for the Halo 4 forum. This forum is reserved for Halo Reach matchmaking.

Spawn protection may work for Gears, but I don’t really see it working for Halo, though as someone already mentioned it’s possible to do.

Ω

Isn’t this in the wrong forum? I don’t see how this ties into current matchmaking.

No, not at all. Unless the maps and spawning areas are redesigned to accommodate it, or stop spawn killing completely.

People Killspawned me 4 times in a single slayer game last night. I killed someone, and right before he died his team started spawning by him and proceeded to kill me.

I’m not a fan of the idea. It’s a legitimate (albeit an annoying one) tactic, in my book. Well, except for sitting by people’s spawns and holding the objective in Grifball, but that’s a different game in itself.

It may work for Gears, but Gears and Halo are two entirely separate games with two completely different playstyles.

i like the spawn system the way it is
spawnkilling is alright because it takes skill
i already hear those living dead and team slayer kids “spawnkilling is for noobs you should get punished for that”
all i gotta say is alright you little wannabe´s if it is that easy and if you are so GOOD why dont you start to spawnkill people on zealot or asylum or why do get spawnkilled all the time i thought you are SO GOOD!

for those who dont know Zealot and Asylum are the most easyest maps to spawnkill people

> i like the spawn system the way it is
> <mark>spawnkilling is alright because it takes skill</mark>
> i already hear those <mark>living dead</mark> and team slayer kids “spawnkilling is for noobs you should get punished for that”
> all i gotta say is alright you little wannabe´s if it is that easy and if you are so GOOD why dont you start to spawnkill people on zealot or asylum or why do get spawnkilled all the time i thought you are SO GOOD!
>
> for those who dont know Zealot and Asylum are the most easyest maps to spawnkill people

Standing on a nearly unreachable area overlooking where the zombies spawn and having a scopable weapon to kill them takes skill?

> Standing on a nearly unreachable area overlooking where the zombies spawn and having a scopable weapon to kill them takes skill?

Who ever uses zombies as an example of skill? He was quite obviously referring to default gametypes, not Infection.

I also think this should be noted:
-Spawn Trapping = Good -> The spawn system should allow teams to predict the general location of the enemies spawns via individual and team positioning. This rewards map control and is a vital tactic when it comes to Objective gametypes like Flag and Bomb

-Spawn Killing = Bad -> Players should not be able to spawn into an instant or semi instant death. That is just a poor spawn system.

> How would the community react to Spawn Protection being included in Halo 4 Multiplayer?
>
> I like the inclusion of it in Gears Of War 3 and think it does change how people play the game for the better (eg no camping with the sniper rifle).
>
> It could be turned on/off during certain game types maps if needed (eg SWAT & Invasion on Boneyard (in the latter giving Elites time to get to relative safety rather than being picked off with the DMR upon re-spawn).
>
> Any thoughts?

As someone who competed in plenty of Gears of War tournaments, and placed top 32 at an MLG event I just want to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spawn protection = Worse thing to hit any game. Spawn trapping is a legitimate strategy, and breaking out of a spawn trap is a huge skill to any competitive FPS. Spawn protection would kill Halo. Maybe not for social playlists, but that needs to stay far far away from ranked. Objective games would be ruined, because once you kill everyone on the opposite team and pull a flag, your teammates cant keep the respawning enemies off of you and would make it super easy to return and objective. Or in King of the hill if you spawn in the hill you get like 10 free seconds of hilltime because you can’t be killed.

tl;dr: NO

For the love of God. NO!

I can’t stress enough how much of a bad idea this is. I’m not even going to go into detail of why, just no.

> No. No. No. No.

Of course you spawn killing tody. You wouldn’t want spawn protection. XD

On topic: I feel a spawn protection should be in order but one that isn’t game breaking. 2 - 3 seconds or so should do it.

> i like the spawn system the way it is
> spawnkilling is alright because it takes skill
> i already hear those living dead and team slayer kids “spawnkilling is for noobs you should get punished for that”
> all i gotta say is alright you little wannabe´s if it is that easy and if you are so GOOD why dont you start to spawnkill people on zealot or asylum or why do get spawnkilled all the time i thought you are SO GOOD!
>
> for those who dont know Zealot and Asylum are the most easyest maps to spawnkill people

I don’t get spawn killed nore do I spawn kill because spawn killing someone who hasn’t even had the screen load yet is just not fair and I feel it is cheating. I report people when I see them spawn kill others. :slight_smile:

> isn’t game breaking.

Any spawn protection is game breaking.

If a team is good enough to get a proper spawn trap going than they deserve the reward. It’s as simple as that.

If you really want to fix derpy spawn trapping like you see in BTB and Zealot flag, here’s a much better solution, FIX THE SPAWN SYSTEM. Don’t give bad players invincibility because they’re bad.

If you’re getting spawn killed, your team deserves it, is bad, and you should feel bad. Why should you get this privilege for losing?

Short answer:

No.

Long Answer:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I could see it having usage in specific playlists like zombies and FFA, but overall I feel as though it is an awful idea.

Na bo

> > i like the spawn system the way it is
> > spawnkilling is alright because it takes skill
> > i already hear those living dead and team slayer kids “spawnkilling is for noobs you should get punished for that”
> > all i gotta say is alright you little wannabe´s if it is that easy and if you are so GOOD why dont you start to spawnkill people on zealot or asylum or why do get spawnkilled all the time i thought you are SO GOOD!
> >
> > for those who dont know Zealot and Asylum are the most easyest maps to spawnkill people
>
> I don’t get spawn killed nore do I spawn kill because spawn killing someone who hasn’t even had the screen load yet is just not fair and I feel it is cheating. I report people when I see them spawn kill others. :slight_smile:

You should be reported for abusing the reporting system. Spawn camping is not considered cheating, if you’re bad enough to get pushed back into your spawn and constantly spawn killed then you deserve it. They should either quit or try and fight back.