Halo 4 Sky boxes

While some of the sky boxes look great, (solace, long bow) I can’t help but feel that they’re lacking that old punch of color and light from halo 3. When I see complex and there’s just cloudy skies and a bright sun, I think about what could’ve been. Even solace could’ve benefited from a sky box that has the creativity that solitary (anniversary pack) had. Even ragnorok has a meh sky and a super bright bloom intense sun.I hope the dlc map packs have more planets and deep blue skies. Everytime I think about the sky on standoff and snow bound, I get chills. Halo 4 looks great, but I’d like more of the beautiful sky boxes instead of cloudy skies and bloom suns.

I think I’m correct in saying that the skies are not a deep blue because the maps are set on the surface of Requiem, which is entirely covered by a shield, so the atmospheric effects we know and love are absent.

That said, that’s like saying Reach’s color pallete was dull to give the game a dark feel. Meaning it’s a crappy excuse.

Agreed. I was hoping for at least one map thats on one of the halo rings. I’d love to see how 343 does that classic skybox with the halo arc in the sky. Speaking of, has anyone confirmed the absence of the Ark sky box on ragnarok?

> Agreed. I was hoping for at least one map thats on one of the halo rings. I’d love to see how 343 does that classic skybox with the halo arc in the sky. Speaking of, has anyone confirmed the absence of the Ark sky box on ragnarok?

I don’t remember, but when I watched the video something about the sky made me think “Oh that’s Requiem.” But I haven’t seen the video in a while, and it wouldn’t really make sense for the spire thingies to be shooting the shield.