Halo 4 shouldn't have the same themes across maps...

Ok so here is what I’m getting to… What was done with Halo Anniversary is the things I’m talking about. It was done perfectly in CEA and in Halo 2. Map themes must be vast. When I think of Reach maps I think of blue skies and green grass. When I think of Halo 2 I don’t think of reoccurring skies or textures ever. Every single map in Halo 2 had something to make it unique visually and lets not forget about unique ambient sounds such as heard on Desolation. MP is not canon so not every map has to take place somewhere that was in campaign.

Please make Halo 4 have many many themes.

Examples…

<mark>Tree covered Jungle</mark> map like seen in Sierra 117 mission on Halo 3.

Aboard a <mark>covy ship</mark> as seen on Midship.

<mark>Snow covered</mark> like Sidewinder or Containment.

<mark>Badlands with orange sky</mark> like Burial Mounds.

Maps with <mark>unique things like trains</mark> in Terminal.

<mark>Unique skies</mark> like Avalanche and Isolation.

<mark>Crazy backgrounds</mark> like High Noon.

<mark>Swamp theme</mark> like CE’s 343 guilty spark or H2s backwash.

The worst possible thing that can happen in regards to themes is have nearly every single map green grass brown mountains and blue skies. I’d go outside if I wanted to see that. Halo is supposed to be a sci-fi universe. Their is nothing sci-fi about stuff that I can see in my back yard.

Does anyone else agree that we need to see a variety of themes and sky boxes in Halo 4?

agree with you

I could care less about the scenery, all I want is good spawns, a good layout and something that doesn’t encourage camping.

Seems like a good idea. For Halo 4 all I want for the maps are: good spawn layouts, different enviroments, and variable sizes.

Just think of how big of a difference it makes when you take away the motion of the antenna and sound of moving antenna on Ascension. Then you take away it’s unique theme and feel and you’re left with Pinnacle. I understand that map layout and flow come first but it’s not that hard to get creative afterwards. Could you imagine how dumb Backwash would have looked with a different theme?

Excellent point and I feel exactly the same way.
Thanks for bringing it up. :smiley:

> Excellent point and I feel exactly the same way.
> Thanks for bringing it up. :smiley:

I think 343 has the right idea. They didn’t create defiant and anniversary maps but they kept a careful watch over them. It also helps having Certain Affinity making maps as they bring a different team with different art styles. I’m really hoping they nail the themes in Halo 4. I’m tooo excited to see what they come up with.

What about a city urban theme map?

Yes, the maps in halo 4 need more diversity than Halo Reach.

I actually had an Idea of a map- 2 bases that are located in a war zone. the skies are orange (kind of like outpost) and there are flaming crashed pelican, and burning trees (Not all of them are burning) And there’s a polluted river running across in the middle of the map. Then there is 2 neutral bases on the middle side area. It could be called “Aftermath” or “War zone”

I thought it was a good Idea.
But yes I support what you’re saying

Yeah I would really love to see a couple of city maps, but I highly doubt we will in Halo 4 at least.

A couple of classic green grass blue skies would be nice though.

But yes a couple cave like maps and snow like Containment and Waterworks would be nice as well.

I wouldn’t worry though, the maps I’ve seen with 343 so far have been very well done and creative!

> Yeah I would really love to see a couple of city maps, but I highly doubt we will in Halo 4 at least.
>
> A couple of classic green grass blue skies would be nice though.
>
> But yes a couple cave like maps and snow like Containment and Waterworks would be nice as well.
>
> I wouldn’t worry though, the maps I’ve seen with 343 so far have been very well done and creative!

I know what you’re sayin but 343 hasn’t really made any maps yet.

What I’d love to see is a large urban/city map but in a forerunner city

I’d like to see a Covenant themed map that isn’t on a ship. We’ve had a few but most of them are interior only, I’d like to see some exterior ones.

> I’d like to see a Covenant themed map that isn’t on a ship. We’ve had a few but most of them are interior only, I’d like to see some exterior ones.

The new Damnation, Assembly and Snowbound are covy themed and aren’t on a ship.

Also keep out Forge World grayness and dynamic lighting and we got ourselves a new Halo MP

> > I’d like to see a Covenant themed map that isn’t on a ship. We’ve had a few but most of them are interior only, I’d like to see some exterior ones.
>
> The new Damnation, Assembly and Snowbound are covy themed and aren’t on a ship.

Like I said, we’ve had a few but Damnation, Assembly and Gemini were interior for the most part.

> > > I’d like to see a Covenant themed map that isn’t on a ship. We’ve had a few but most of them are interior only, I’d like to see some exterior ones.
> >
> > The new Damnation, Assembly and Snowbound are covy themed and aren’t on a ship.
>
> Like I said, we’ve had a few but Damnation, Assembly and Gemini were interior for the most part.

lol sorry about that I didn’t read that too well. I agree though. I’d really like to see more covy style maps outdoors like snowbound but not dumb like snowbound.

We’re likely to see some jaw-dropping skyboxes in the campaign. So why shouldn’t the multiplayer follow suit?

I agree, OP. I hated that Reach’s maps were pretty much “Been there, done that”…And that they were all pulled from the campaign.

I loved Halo 2 and 3s design decisions, and they should definitely look to them for inspiration.

The maps of Reach were the worst of the whole series.

Of cource I want maps like those in HCE/H2/H3.