Halo 4, should not be released for Xbox 360.

Do you guys remember the change from Halo 2 to Halo 3?
It was great when the Xbox 360 was released, because it meant Bungie could do more with their game engine and expand upon it, but now a problem has arisen.

Bungie has reached the limits of the hardware, Halo 3, ODST and Reach are really the same family of the Blam! engine, the only time Bungie were able to make a significant change was when the hardware changed. Xbox 360 > Xbox1, Halo 3, ODST and Reach only had changes and replacements, nothing that added to the game as much as Halo 2 to Halo 3.

If we are to have anything new, Halo 4 must be released on the newer console, the xbox 360 is 5 years old and has already reached it’s limits.

I hope for Halo 4’s sake it is released on the new console with much higher hardware limits. :smiley:

I guess they could wait until the xbox 720 came out.

ODST and Reach are not on the same engine. It’s also ridiculous to say anyone reached the 360’s limit, there are still better looking games out there. It was assumed the 360 had hit the limit with Gears of War.

The PS2 was also on it’s way out until God of War and Shadow of the Colossus came out… then we got God of War 2.

They should adopt Cryengine 2 and just make it PC exclusive :slight_smile:

> They should adopt Cryengine 2 and just make it PC exclusive :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, not all of us can afford high powered PCs.

There are two main problems with releasing games on PC:

1. The game is limited to people that can afford to buy and maintain a system that is powerful enough to play the game. This can cripple the size of the target audience.

2. A PC game is easier to hack. PC users have control over their system that console players don’t have.

> ODST and Reach are not on the same engine. It’s also ridiculous to say anyone reached the 360’s limit, there are still better looking games out there. It was assumed the 360 had hit the limit with Gears of War.
>
> The PS2 was also on it’s way out until God of War and Shadow of the Colossus came out… then we got God of War 2.

It is not ridiculous at all.
To a person who understands nothing of the hardware, he will find it stupid because he compares other games and engines.

Do we know why Bungie couldn’t add vortex equipment? CPU.
Smoke grenade? GPU.
More maps on the disc? DVD.
Can’t load a 400 MB map as a whole, Forge map limits? RAM.

Halo 3, ODST and Reach are in fact on the Blam! engine, things changed but nothing as drastic as Halo 2 to Halo 3.
I can keep saying how Bungie made their games “within” hardware limits, and you still won’t understand.

Want something new, and better than Halo 3, ODST and Reach? hope there is better hardware on the new Xbox console.
Who knows, maybe this’ll make PC ports cheaper. :smiley:

You’re forgetting that Bungie could just find even more efficient ways to program engines so that they can get more done with the same power.

> You’re forgetting that Bungie could just find even more efficient ways to program engines so that they can get more done with the same power.

They did, but I believe their limits are really with the RAM.
RAM limits what we can add to a forge variant.
RAM limits the size of the map.
RAM limits the amount of objects that can spawn, and stay spawned.

Halo Reach only took out features from Halo 3, and added new ones in place which didn’t take as much memory.
Think about the things they take out, and see how they are able to have more memory space for other items.

We couldn’t have a good Forge budget if Forge World was in Halo 3.

Removing dual wielding sure helped, removing most weapons, removing equipment pickups and objects.

Am I wrong for stating this?

> > You’re forgetting that Bungie could just find even more efficient ways to program engines so that they can get more done with the same power.
>
> They did, but I believe their limits are really with the RAM.
> RAM limits what we can add to a forge variant.
> RAM limits the size of the map.
> RAM limits the amount of objects that can spawn, and stay spawned.
>
> Halo Reach only took out features from Halo 3, and added new ones in place which didn’t take as much memory.
> Think about the things they take out, and see how they are able to have more memory space for other items.
>
> We couldn’t have a good Forge budget if Forge World was in Halo 3.
>
> Removing dual wielding sure helped, removing most weapons, removing equipment pickups and objects.
>
> Am I wrong for stating this?

Wrong about what? I don’t see any opinions or misquotes in there.

> They did, but I believe their limits are really with the RAM.
> RAM limits what we can add to a forge variant.
> RAM limits the size of the map.
> RAM limits the amount of objects that can spawn, and stay spawned.
>
> Halo Reach only took out features from Halo 3, and added new ones in place which didn’t take as much memory.
> Think about the things they take out, and see how they are able to have more memory space for other items.
>
> We couldn’t have a good Forge budget if Forge World was in Halo 3.
>
> Removing dual wielding sure helped, removing most weapons, removing equipment pickups and objects.
>
> Am I wrong for stating this?

ok continuing from what I just said, there is only so much Bungie can do before they finally say, the engine is at a standstill, and they would need newer hardware to make substantial changes and rewrites to move forward.

Game developers can’t stay on the Xbox 360 for 5 years, and say no one has ever reached it’s limits on anything.

I guess we could wait for DX 12 to be on the new console. xD
I also hope that backwards compatibility is supported.

Doesn’t Microsoft want to stick with the 360 until 2015? I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to wait 5 years for a game.

It is wrong to assume everyone here understands nothing of hardware and software. If the software is at it’s limits then they need new to get back to work. The hardware still has plenty in it, yes RAM is the big limitation, but it will do just fine for quite a few more years. We may have seen the best of what Bungie has to offer now, but that’s with this franchise, someone else could possibility do it better.

Also, smoke grenades? Doesn’t match the Halo style at all, it’s not like it can’t be done.

Confetti spewing flashbangs are halo style.

> Confetti spewing flashbangs are halo style.

I think instead of confetti it should be monitor shaped candy.

> > Confetti spewing flashbangs are halo style.
>
> I think instead of confetti it should be monitor shaped candy.

No, monitor shaped candy is for vision obscuring grenades, the monitors all glow uber bright and blind you.

> It is wrong to assume everyone here understands nothing of hardware and software. If the software is at it’s limits then they need new to get back to work. The hardware still has plenty in it, yes RAM is the big limitation, but it will do just fine for quite a few more years. We may have seen the best of what Bungie has to offer now, but that’s with this franchise, someone else could possibility do it better.
>
> Also, smoke grenades? Doesn’t match the Halo style at all, it’s not like it can’t be done.

Not to mention MS has WAYY more money than BUNGIE.

I just think Halo deserves newer hardware, people like complaining about limits, so we need them higher. :smiley:

> I just think Halo deserves newer hardware, people like complaining about limits, so we need them higher. :smiley:

But we can’t all get our hands on good PCs D:

We’re in a new era where we want to push the hardware we have for as long as we can. This saves money for the companies and the consumer, they don’t have to make new hardware, we don’t have to buy new hardware. This also gives them more time to make something to really wow us, because as we continue to move forward with technology it will be harder to separate one generation from another.

Crysis came out in 2008, and still looks better than anything on the market, no matter the hardware. Gears of War, Call of Duty, Battlefield, GT5, nothing compares to what Crysis can do. In our time the hardware doesn’t matter anymore, it’s how you squeeze everything out of the hardware.