Halo 4 should have been called Halo: Infinity

Is it just me or should this game (at least multiplayer wise) have been called Halo: Infinity? Instead of releasing Halo 4 343 could have just released a multiplayer game (kind of like ODST’s second disk) and have called it something else. This way people wouldn’t have had to freak out about the classic gameplay changes and such and 343 could have implemented their changes with no questions asked. Halo 3 was an obvious multiplayer update to Halo 2, as was H2 to C.E. Halo Reach implemented newer ideas but not as a sequel to H3.
But overall I think if 343 really wanted to leave their print on the Halo universe they should have just set different expectations than what they actually set, a sequel to Halo 3.

it is a sequel to Halo 3. Look at the Campaign.

No.

> Is it just me or should this game (at least multiplayer wise) have been called Halo: Infinity? Instead of releasing Halo 4 343 could have just released a multiplayer game (kind of like ODST’s second disk) and have called it something else. This way people wouldn’t have had to freak out about the classic gameplay changes and such and 343 could have implemented their changes with no questions asked. Halo 3 was an obvious multiplayer update to Halo 2, as was H2 to C.E. Halo Reach implemented newer ideas but not as a sequel to H3.
> But overall I think if 343 really wanted to leave their print on the Halo universe they should have just set different expectations than what they actually set, a sequel to Halo 3.

Halo 4 is a sequel to Halo 3 because the Campaign continues on from Halo 3. The gameplay doesn’t have to be exactly the same in order for it to be called a sequel.

> it is a sequel to Halo 3. Look at the Campaign.

If you read the first line I wrote “(multiplayer wise)”

You’re totally right dude. They should waited till NOW to release the multiplayer. After the beta. After our feedback. WITH ROCKET RACE. I woulda waited the six months. The campaign was awesome.

Must be something to do with deadlines and contracts and executives? or competition from other titles that forced them to release such a -Yoink- out of the box MP experience.

The visuals are pretty amazing, too bad everything else wasnt.

> > it is a sequel to Halo 3. Look at the Campaign.
>
> If you read the first line I wrote “(multiplayer wise)”

And if you understand Halo games aren’t named based on the Multiplayer.

Halo CE would be called: Halo: Cinematic Arena Shooter
Halo 2 would be called: Halo: Broken Noob Fest
Halo 3 would be called: Halo: Custom Games
Halo Reach would be called: Halo: Randomness Galore
Halo 4 would be called: Halo: Call of Duty

Also, what you’re technically saying is already true. In order to access Halo 4’s Multiplayer Modes, you have to select Infinity.

the multiplayer is called infinity. the game is still halo 4, but they decided to give multiplayer a little backstory and tie it to the campaign via the infinity, among other changes.

> > > it is a sequel to Halo 3. Look at the Campaign.
> >
> > If you read the first line I wrote “(multiplayer wise)”
>
> And if you understand Halo games aren’t named based on the Multiplayer.
>
> Halo CE would be called: Halo: Cinematic Arena Shooter
> Halo 2 would be called: Halo: Broken Noob Fest
> Halo 3 would be called: Halo: Custom Games
> Halo Reach would be called: Halo: Randomness Galore
> Halo 4 would be called: Halo: Call of Duty
>
>
> Also, what you’re technically saying is already true. In order to access Halo 4’s Multiplayer Modes, you have to select Infinity.

I don’t think Halo 2 should be remembered as “Broken Noob Fest”, but anyway the point I’m trying to make is that because of the radical gameplay changes this game shouldn’t have been a sequel to Halo 3, campaign aside. I think 343 should have released a separate game with just multiplayer called Halo: Infinity or even Halo: Modernized. As to Halo 4, the gameplay should have been similar to Halo 3 rather than a huge step in a totally new direction.

> > > > it is a sequel to Halo 3. Look at the Campaign.
> > >
> > > If you read the first line I wrote “(multiplayer wise)”
> >
> > And if you understand Halo games aren’t named based on the Multiplayer.
> >
> > Halo CE would be called: Halo: Cinematic Arena Shooter
> > Halo 2 would be called: Halo: Broken Noob Fest
> > Halo 3 would be called: Halo: Custom Games
> > Halo Reach would be called: Halo: Randomness Galore
> > Halo 4 would be called: Halo: Call of Duty
> >
> >
> > Also, what you’re technically saying is already true. In order to access Halo 4’s Multiplayer Modes, you have to select Infinity.
>
> I don’t think Halo 2 should be remembered as “Broken Noob Fest”, but anyway the point I’m trying to make is that because of the radical gameplay changes this game shouldn’t have been a sequel to Halo 3, campaign aside. I think 343 should have released a separate game with just multiplayer called Halo: Infinity or even Halo: Modernized. As to Halo 4, the gameplay should have been similar to Halo 3 rather than a huge step in a totally new direction.

Thats what it was though. Super bouncing, out of the map glitching, button combos, broken enough? That game is a wreck.

Halo 4 is supposed to be called Halo 4. I just wonder what the name of the next Halo will be. Halo 5?

Halo 4. Thats it.
Spartan Ops are called Halo Infinity