Halo 4 should bring in some more snow maps.

Halo Reach had what? 1 snow map? And you can only play it in Invasion. I really miss snow covered maps like Containment and Avalanche. 343 you peeps really need to look at making some new snow maps. Maybe even bring a few maps back with snow themes. I made this video to describe what I’m talking about.

Let it Snow

It’s not just snow either. I’m just really sick of the basic urban green grass blue skies concept that pretty much dominate Reachs map set. We need more themes and weather conditions for maps. I hope some of you agree and at least enjoy the video. :slight_smile:

I agree wholeheartedly.

We had a desert Forge map (Sandbox) and a grassy/forest forge map (Forge World)- I think the next in line should be a snowy Forge map. I want it really bad :slight_smile:

(Sidewinder remake !) i think that Forge should have the option to change weather and time of day, so like you can make it snow, rain, thunder storm etc or change it from like dusk, dawn, night etc. that would be really cool and make maps more diverse instead of seeing basically the same thing alllllll the time.

I love snow maps. =)

The maps should have all sorts of variety wether it is in space, under water, or in a dessert

Each map should try and be as different as possible.

If you have;

a snow map
a grass map
a forest map
a desert map
an urban map
a space map
a water map
an indoor map

That gives you eight basic variants to work from. In my mind, each one should have at least two, very different maps built from those basic ideas.

Take forest for example, you could have some thinner wooldand with open spaces and structures and a dense jungle environment full of trees.

Ok, I’m going to go ahead and say that I love snow probably more than any other person probably in the world…even Santa…but this thread goes to show that we really do have nothing else to talk about regarding this game xD

P.S Moa snow maps plz 343. (No that wasn’t bad spelling, I want a snow map with Moa’s.)

> Each map should try and be as different as possible.
>
> If you have;
>
> a snow map
> a grass map
> a forest map
> a desert map
> an urban map
> a space map
> a water map
> an indoor map
>
> That gives you eight basic variants to work from. In my mind, each one should have at least two, very different maps built from those basic ideas.
>
> Take forest for example, you could have some thinner wooldand with open spaces and structures and a dense jungle environment full of trees.

Oooo! How about Wild life map xD. A long shot there, but it could work lolol.

And beach map should contain forest, desert, and water (of course; maybe an indoor area on the beach map as well.

Edit: Another thing, when we actually have a snow map, please let it actually be snowing. That would be very nice for a change.

> Each map should try and be as different as possible.
>
> If you have;
>
> a snow map
> a grass map
> a forest map
> a desert map
> an urban map
> a space map
> a water map
> an indoor map
>
> That gives you eight basic variants to work from. In my mind, each one should have at least two, very different maps built from those basic ideas.
>
> Take forest for example, you could have some thinner wooldand with open spaces and structures and a dense jungle environment full of trees.

i actually like that idea, but have 2 of each just different.

like one in space, then another one in a space ship kinda thing. = 2 space maps
a Death Island remake, then a map in a submarine kinda thing. = 2 water maps
a map like Sandbox\Sandtrap, then a Blood Gulch remake ;D = 2 desert maps
a map kinda like turf, then a map more city oriented. = 2 city maps
a sidewinder remake, then a kinda snowbound map just bigger and more fun to play on.= 2 snow maps
etc etc etc.

i personally like the idea alot. it also gives for more maps and a more variety of different environments, instead of playing the same map over and over again

Bungie was going to have weather effects for Forge in Reach, but they ran out of time.

look in Trivia. its the 17th one down.
http://www.halopedian.com/Forge

> Bungie was going to have weather effects for Forge in Reach, but they ran out of time.
>
> look in Trivia. its the 17th one down.
> NameBright - Coming Soon

wow, nice find !

"Forge 2.0 in Halo: Reach was originally going to feature Weather as a changeable object but was cut due to time restraints: “No weather effects in the Forge. Was something we wanted, but something we didn’t get to in time.”

343i has been producing Halo 4 for a couple of years now. im sure if they wanted to put this in, they easily could. they’ve definitely have had the time and resources to do so

> > Bungie was going to have weather effects for Forge in Reach, but they ran out of time.
> >
> > look in Trivia. its the 17th one down.
> > NameBright - Coming Soon
>
> wow, nice find !
>
> "Forge 2.0 in Halo: Reach was originally going to feature Weather as a changeable object but was cut due to time restraints: “No weather effects in the Forge. Was something we wanted, but something we didn’t get to in time.”
>
> 343i has been producing Halo 4 for a couple of years now. im sure if they wanted to put this in, they easily could. they’ve definitely have had the time and resources to do so

Hmm, wonders what excuse they make when they don’t included it into Halo 4 lol. I sure hope they add it no matter what, they have had the time, I’m sure…

We’ll see, maybe it will be revealed 29th or in March…

I’d love a Sandtrap remake of some sort, personally… Sandtrap was a /fun/ map! And a new Sidewinder wouldn’t be bad!

But I’d also prefer they go out of their way to craft some new, great maps with these sorts of weather varieties as well. You know, thinking about it, a jungle-esque map similar to the level 343 Guilty Spark would be great!

> > > Bungie was going to have weather effects for Forge in Reach, but they ran out of time.
> > >
> > > look in Trivia. its the 17th one down.
> > > NameBright - Coming Soon
> >
> > wow, nice find !
> >
> > "Forge 2.0 in Halo: Reach was originally going to feature Weather as a changeable object but was cut due to time restraints: “No weather effects in the Forge. Was something we wanted, but something we didn’t get to in time.”
> >
> > 343i has been producing Halo 4 for a couple of years now. im sure if they wanted to put this in, they easily could. they’ve definitely have had the time and resources to do so
>
> Hmm, wonders what excuse they make when they don’t included it into Halo 4 lol. I sure hope they add it no matter what, they have had the time, I’m sure…
>
> We’ll see, maybe it will be revealed 29th or in March…

im sure they’ve had enough time. if they didnt, i dont see why they couldnt just make a DLC with another forge map and put that option in there. or maybe after a TU they could add it in. its definately a very cool option and sounds like fun to play with. i think thatll also attract alot of new players, and if they keep the gameplay the same from the original trilogy, most OG players will come back too. making the ultimate Halo Community XD

> I’d love a Sandtrap remake of some sort, personally… Sandtrap was a /fun/ map! And a new Sidewinder wouldn’t be bad!
>
> But I’d also prefer they go out of their way to craft some new, great maps with these sorts of weather varieties as well. You know, thinking about it, a jungle-esque map similar to the level 343 Guilty Spark would be great!

they had a forest/swampish map in Halo 2, but for the life of me i cant remember what it was called. i wanna say Backwash. but anyway, i think it would be cool to have like an Endor type map (Star Wars reference), 2 bases on either side of the map, and like some bunkers in the trees and stuff like that, with alot of wildlife in the backround. thats kick -Yoink-

> > I’d love a Sandtrap remake of some sort, personally… Sandtrap was a /fun/ map! And a new Sidewinder wouldn’t be bad!
> >
> > But I’d also prefer they go out of their way to craft some new, great maps with these sorts of weather varieties as well. You know, thinking about it, a jungle-esque map similar to the level 343 Guilty Spark would be great!
>
> they had a forest/swampish map in Halo 2, but for the life of me i cant remember what it was called. i wanna say Backwash. but anyway, i think it would be cool to have like an Endor type map (Star Wars reference), 2 bases on either side of the map, and like some bunkers in the trees and stuff like that, with alot of wildlife in the backround. thats kick -Yoink!-

Yeah it was Backwash.

OT: I miss snow maps, they need to be brought back in Halo 4.

I agree. I was surprised to find no snow at all in Reach, but I’m definitely counting on it in Halo 4.

Yeah! I loved sidewinder. Btw what’s the music in the video?

I agree with you completely. I don’t know what it is, but snow maps have always been super fun to play. Maybe it’s because snow is extremely awesome, or maybe it’s just a coincidence that every snow map has been well designed. Either way, SNOW!