Halo 4 should be made as if COD & BF or anyother FPS were not yet made.

-Disclaimer, At some point you may think the thread is about Bungie or Reach, but the MAIN topic here is “Halo 4 should be made in a unique way, not copying what other companies have already done” The rest is info.

Halo 4 should be made as if COD and BF were not yet made.

When Halo CE was created practically it was the only FPS showing the potential of the FPS, Bungie kept innovating Halo until Halo3: ODST.

Halo Reach is just not Halo, with TU or not, Reach was rushed and clearly the people behind Reach were not very committed to the protect.

So, back On Topic, what I’m trying to say, is that when Halo CE was made there wasn’t any competition for the game, now new shooters appear and mostly all of them are copies of the other successful games (FPS).

So Halo 4 should be made if no COD, MoH, BF or any other shooter was made. Make it unique, I don’t want bloom, I don’t want load outs, what makes a real Halo game was that they didn’t need features of other games to make them better. Halo was made very simple and that simplicity made it what it is now, Halo. Halo 2 added the new feature dual wield, it was a success, Halo 3 added equipment it was a success, ODST added with Firegfight it was a success, what happened in Reach is that Bungie added too much that at the end, they needed to cut so many things that the final product wasn’t great,Good but not great.

Halo 4 should have something new, simple but new; that it can be used for the trilogy and make it a success.

Comments?

There are so many things incorrect about this passage I don’t know where to start.

Firstly, Halo wasn’t the only FPS that was innovative in the early 2000’s, Operation Flashpoint was also a major hit in 2001. Same with GoldenEye on the N64. Bot games were revolutionary in some way.

Halo’s main addition was the perfection of console controls for an FPS.

Secondly, if you saw the vidoc, you can easily see that Halo Reach was one of the few games that was actually finished. Whatever Bungie wanted in the game made it, and unlike games such as CE and Halo 2, very little was cut out.

Bungie employees also stated that Reach was the dream Halo they were wanting to make for the last ten years. They also stated that the decision to make the game was theirs, and they are truly proud about it.

-Please to not state your opinion and make up facts about “Bungie having to cut things out”, and expect everyone to think of it as obvious, or expect everyone to agree with it.

A lot of people may not like some of the features of Reach, but it certainly wasn’t rushed.
Regarding Halo 4, I think it will be the Halo CE for 343i, in terms of their major introduction to the gaming scene.

We shall see.

> There are so many things incorrect about this passage I don’t know where to start.
>
> Firstly, Halo wasn’t the only FPS that was innovative in the early 2000’s, Operation Flashpoint was also a major hit in 2001. Same with GoldenEye on the N64. Bot games were revolutionary in some way.
>
> Halo’s main addition was the perfection of console controls for an FPS.
>
> Secondly, if you saw the vidoc, you can easily see that Halo Reach was one of the few games that was actually finished. Whatever Bungie wanted in the game made it, and unlike games such as CE and Halo 2, very little was cut out.
>
> Bungie employees also stated that Reach was the dream Halo they were wanting to make for the last ten years. They also stated that the decision to make the game was theirs, and they are truly proud about it.
>
> -Please to not state your opinion and make up facts about “Bungie having to cut things out”, and expect everyone to think of it as obvious, or expect everyone to agree with it.
>
> A lot of people may not like some of the features of Reach, but it certainly wasn’t rushed.
> Regarding Halo 4, I think it will be the Halo CE for 343i, in terms of their major introduction to the gaming scene.
>
> We shall see.

All game companies will tell their game is better and hide what is wrong, You can easily ask for people who have played Halo CE and they will tell you the game is and was Rushed(Reach) Halo 3 didn’t received that much of complains about the equipment, why? Because they did have the will to make it.

Don’t be absurd, if you played Halo CE enough you will get what I’m talking about. If you didn’t played Halo CE or played it recently you are not in position to comment about Reach being the dream Halo Bungie ever thought.

Yes, Halo wasn’t the only FPS, but if you see from a perspective, it was the only one who
succeeded and have more than 5 games made on platforms.

> Reach was rushed and clearly the people behind Reach were not very committed to the protect.

I Stopped right there. The people behind was rushed because of a certain company who wanted them to get 2 games out before another persons took over Halo. If the people was given more time it would have been much better, and it’s pretty good in my book.

> > There are so many things incorrect about this passage I don’t know where to start.
> >
> > Firstly, Halo wasn’t the only FPS that was innovative in the early 2000’s, Operation Flashpoint was also a major hit in 2001. Same with GoldenEye on the N64. Bot games were revolutionary in some way.
> >
> > Halo’s main addition was the perfection of console controls for an FPS.
> >
> > Secondly, if you saw the vidoc, you can easily see that Halo Reach was one of the few games that was actually finished. Whatever Bungie wanted in the game made it, and unlike games such as CE and Halo 2, very little was cut out.
> >
> > Bungie employees also stated that Reach was the dream Halo they were wanting to make for the last ten years. They also stated that the decision to make the game was theirs, and they are truly proud about it.
> >
> > -Please to not state your opinion and make up facts about “Bungie having to cut things out”, and expect everyone to think of it as obvious, or expect everyone to agree with it.
> >
> > A lot of people may not like some of the features of Reach, but it certainly wasn’t rushed.
> > Regarding Halo 4, I think it will be the Halo CE for 343i, in terms of their major introduction to the gaming scene.
> >
> > We shall see.
>
> All game companies will tell their game is better and hide what is wrong, You can easily ask for people who have played Halo CE and they will tell you the game is and was Rushed(Reach) Halo 3 didn’t received that much of complains about the equipment, why? Because they did have the will to make it.
>
> Don’t be absurd, if you played Halo CE enough you will get what I’m talking about. If you didn’t played Halo CE or played it recently you are not in position to comment about Reach being the dream Halo Bungie ever thought.
>
> Yes, Halo wasn’t the only FPS, but if you see from a perspective, it was the only one who
> succeeded and have more than 5 games made on platforms.

Did you watch Bungie’s ViDoc?

> > Reach was rushed and clearly the people behind Reach were not very committed to the protect.
>
> I Stopped right there. The people behind was rushed because of a certain company who wanted them to get 2 games out before another persons took over Halo. If the people was given more time it would have been much better, and it’s pretty good in my book.

Your statement is totally true. I will always say that, if the team behind Reach were given more time, the game would be a lot better.

> > There are so many things incorrect about this passage I don’t know where to start.
> >
> > Firstly, Halo wasn’t the only FPS that was innovative in the early 2000’s, Operation Flashpoint was also a major hit in 2001. Same with GoldenEye on the N64. Bot games were revolutionary in some way.
> >
> > Halo’s main addition was the perfection of console controls for an FPS.
> >
> > Secondly, if you saw the vidoc, you can easily see that Halo Reach was one of the few games that was actually finished. Whatever Bungie wanted in the game made it, and unlike games such as CE and Halo 2, very little was cut out.
> >
> > Bungie employees also stated that Reach was the dream Halo they were wanting to make for the last ten years. They also stated that the decision to make the game was theirs, and they are truly proud about it.
> >
> > -Please to not state your opinion and make up facts about “Bungie having to cut things out”, and expect everyone to think of it as obvious, or expect everyone to agree with it.
> >
> > A lot of people may not like some of the features of Reach, but it certainly wasn’t rushed.
> > Regarding Halo 4, I think it will be the Halo CE for 343i, in terms of their major introduction to the gaming scene.
> >
> > We shall see.
>
> All game companies will tell their game is better and hide what is wrong, You can easily ask for people who have played Halo CE and they will tell you the game is and was Rushed(Reach) Halo 3 didn’t received that much of complains about the equipment, why? Because they did have the will to make it.
>
> Don’t be absurd, if you played Halo CE enough you will get what I’m talking about. If you didn’t played Halo CE or played it recently you are not in position to comment about Reach being the dream Halo Bungie ever thought.
>
> Yes, Halo wasn’t the only FPS, but if you see from a perspective, it was the only one who
> succeeded and have more than 5 games made on platforms.

You are the one who is being absurd. You cannot simply claim that you are right without evidence. You are saying Reach was rushed and it is not Bungie’s dream game. Also, people’s opinion about whether the game was rushed mean’s nothing.

I have played the hell out of CE. Don’t question that.

You do not have evidence. You, however, are discounting all evidence that I have, even it is PLAIN AND CLEAR. Bungie stated Halo Reach is their dream Halo game. Whether you believe it or not, it is their opinion.

People may not like it, but that doesn’t mean it was rushed.

> > > There are so many things incorrect about this passage I don’t know where to start.
> > >
> > > Firstly, Halo wasn’t the only FPS that was innovative in the early 2000’s, Operation Flashpoint was also a major hit in 2001. Same with GoldenEye on the N64. Bot games were revolutionary in some way.
> > >
> > > Halo’s main addition was the perfection of console controls for an FPS.
> > >
> > > Secondly, if you saw the vidoc, you can easily see that Halo Reach was one of the few games that was actually finished. Whatever Bungie wanted in the game made it, and unlike games such as CE and Halo 2, very little was cut out.
> > >
> > > Bungie employees also stated that Reach was the dream Halo they were wanting to make for the last ten years. They also stated that the decision to make the game was theirs, and they are truly proud about it.
> > >
> > > -Please to not state your opinion and make up facts about “Bungie having to cut things out”, and expect everyone to think of it as obvious, or expect everyone to agree with it.
> > >
> > > A lot of people may not like some of the features of Reach, but it certainly wasn’t rushed.
> > > Regarding Halo 4, I think it will be the Halo CE for 343i, in terms of their major introduction to the gaming scene.
> > >
> > > We shall see.
> >
> > All game companies will tell their game is better and hide what is wrong, You can easily ask for people who have played Halo CE and they will tell you the game is and was Rushed(Reach) Halo 3 didn’t received that much of complains about the equipment, why? Because they did have the will to make it.
> >
> > Don’t be absurd, if you played Halo CE enough you will get what I’m talking about. If you didn’t played Halo CE or played it recently you are not in position to comment about Reach being the dream Halo Bungie ever thought.
> >
> > Yes, Halo wasn’t the only FPS, but if you see from a perspective, it was the only one who
> > succeeded and have more than 5 games made on platforms.
>
> Did you watch Bungie’s ViDoc?

Of course, don’t tell me that you actually believe 100% on what they say right?, go watch other companies vi-docs about their games, all of them will conclude with one quote: “Our game is the best game ever made”, don’t get me wrong, but if you make a product you will fight to defend it from critics and people that may harm your product, even MS said Reach… was not great. They defend their product but if the product is really bad at some point you will accept the truth, or make it better next time.

Get back on topic, Topic “Halo 4 should be made unique” the other stuff are just info. If you wanna discuss about Reach, please do so on a PM.

> > > > There are so many things incorrect about this passage I don’t know where to start.
> > > >
> > > > Firstly, Halo wasn’t the only FPS that was innovative in the early 2000’s, Operation Flashpoint was also a major hit in 2001. Same with GoldenEye on the N64. Bot games were revolutionary in some way.
> > > >
> > > > Halo’s main addition was the perfection of console controls for an FPS.
> > > >
> > > > Secondly, if you saw the vidoc, you can easily see that Halo Reach was one of the few games that was actually finished. Whatever Bungie wanted in the game made it, and unlike games such as CE and Halo 2, very little was cut out.
> > > >
> > > > Bungie employees also stated that Reach was the dream Halo they were wanting to make for the last ten years. They also stated that the decision to make the game was theirs, and they are truly proud about it.
> > > >
> > > > -Please to not state your opinion and make up facts about “Bungie having to cut things out”, and expect everyone to think of it as obvious, or expect everyone to agree with it.
> > > >
> > > > A lot of people may not like some of the features of Reach, but it certainly wasn’t rushed.
> > > > Regarding Halo 4, I think it will be the Halo CE for 343i, in terms of their major introduction to the gaming scene.
> > > >
> > > > We shall see.
> > >
> > > All game companies will tell their game is better and hide what is wrong, You can easily ask for people who have played Halo CE and they will tell you the game is and was Rushed(Reach) Halo 3 didn’t received that much of complains about the equipment, why? Because they did have the will to make it.
> > >
> > > Don’t be absurd, if you played Halo CE enough you will get what I’m talking about. If you didn’t played Halo CE or played it recently you are not in position to comment about Reach being the dream Halo Bungie ever thought.
> > >
> > > Yes, Halo wasn’t the only FPS, but if you see from a perspective, it was the only one who
> > > succeeded and have more than 5 games made on platforms.
> >
> > Did you watch Bungie’s ViDoc?
>
> Of course, don’t tell me that you actually believe 100% on what they say right?, go watch other companies vi-docs about their games, all of them will conclude with one quote: “Our game is the best game ever made”, don’t get me wrong, but if you make a product you will fight to defend it from critics and people that may harm your product, even MS said Reach… was not great. They defend their product but if the product is really bad at some point you will accept the truth, or make it better next time.

Ok, just wondering

How can you say that Halo isn’t constantly being re-invented?!? Every game had something new and innovative that changed the experience (although for better or worse is a matter of opinion). Fact is, Bungie put a lot of work in their titles to make them better and 343 is doing the same! For CEA, they could’ve just remade it with better graphics and said: “Enjoy!” But they’re adding new elements to a fantastic game to make it better! COD is not doing this (in fact, they have two companies working on this franchise and Treyarch, I’m sorry, but I really hate you for BLOPS) and BF3 plays exactly like BF1 and 2 (I own the first two and have played the Beta). So your title is basically stating exactly what 343 is doing.

> > > > There are so many things incorrect about this passage I don’t know where to start.
> > > >
> > > > Firstly, Halo wasn’t the only FPS that was innovative in the early 2000’s, Operation Flashpoint was also a major hit in 2001. Same with GoldenEye on the N64. Bot games were revolutionary in some way.
> > > >
> > > > Halo’s main addition was the perfection of console controls for an FPS.
> > > >
> > > > Secondly, if you saw the vidoc, you can easily see that Halo Reach was one of the few games that was actually finished. Whatever Bungie wanted in the game made it, and unlike games such as CE and Halo 2, very little was cut out.
> > > >
> > > > Bungie employees also stated that Reach was the dream Halo they were wanting to make for the last ten years. They also stated that the decision to make the game was theirs, and they are truly proud about it.
> > > >
> > > > -Please to not state your opinion and make up facts about “Bungie having to cut things out”, and expect everyone to think of it as obvious, or expect everyone to agree with it.
> > > >
> > > > A lot of people may not like some of the features of Reach, but it certainly wasn’t rushed.
> > > > Regarding Halo 4, I think it will be the Halo CE for 343i, in terms of their major introduction to the gaming scene.
> > > >
> > > > We shall see.
> > >
> > > All game companies will tell their game is better and hide what is wrong, You can easily ask for people who have played Halo CE and they will tell you the game is and was Rushed(Reach) Halo 3 didn’t received that much of complains about the equipment, why? Because they did have the will to make it.
> > >
> > > Don’t be absurd, if you played Halo CE enough you will get what I’m talking about. If you didn’t played Halo CE or played it recently you are not in position to comment about Reach being the dream Halo Bungie ever thought.
> > >
> > > Yes, Halo wasn’t the only FPS, but if you see from a perspective, it was the only one who
> > > succeeded and have more than 5 games made on platforms.
> >
> > Did you watch Bungie’s ViDoc?
>
> Of course, don’t tell me that you actually believe 100% on what they say right?, go watch other companies vi-docs about their games, all of them will conclude with one quote: “Our game is the best game ever made”, don’t get me wrong, but if you make a product you will fight to defend it from critics and people that may harm your product, even MS said Reach… was not great. They defend their product but if the product is really bad at some point you will accept the truth, or make it better next time.
>
> Get back on topic, Topic “Halo 4 should be made unique” the other stuff are just info. If you wanna discuss about Reach, please do so on a PM.

I believe what they say about Reach, because unlike what you have stated, they were the most satisfied with Reach. This wasn’t Bungie’s video showing how good all the Halo games were, this video showed most of the trouble, the problems and the community discontent with some of the games, especially Halo 2 and 3. They stated they didn’t finish CE and 2.

However, they were happy with Reach, because they managed to get in what they wanted.

They didn’t state it was the best game, they stated that this was the Halo they always wanted to build. There was not much content left out, unlike games such as CE and Halo 2.

It’s sad that I couldn’t remember what MoH was.

> How can you say that Halo isn’t constantly being re-invented?!? Every game had something new and innovative that changed the experience (although for better or worse is a matter of opinion). Fact is, Bungie put a lot of work in their titles to make them better and 343 is doing the same! For CEA, they could’ve just remade it with better graphics and said: “Enjoy!” But they’re adding new elements to a fantastic game to make it better! COD is not doing this (in fact, they have two companies working on this franchise and Treyarch, I’m sorry, but I really hate you for BLOPS) and BF3 plays exactly like BF1 and 2 (I own the first two and have played the Beta). So your title is basically stating exactly what 343 is doing.

Yes, you said it right!, but what really make me made this thread is that 343i should focus on making the game unique and not have things from other companies upgraded unto Halo 4, clear example Reach having Cr system, good but at some point people tend not liking it, why I don’t know, or the famous “Bloom”. Also this thread http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/35729/281083.aspx

> How can you say that Halo isn’t constantly being re-invented?!? Every game had something new and innovative that changed the experience (although for better or worse is a matter of opinion). Fact is, Bungie put a lot of work in their titles to make them better and 343 is doing the same! For CEA, they could’ve just remade it with better graphics and said: “Enjoy!” But they’re adding new elements to a fantastic game to make it better! COD is not doing this (in fact, they have two companies working on this franchise and Treyarch, I’m sorry, but I really hate you for BLOPS) and BF3 plays exactly like BF1 and 2 (I own the first two and have played the Beta). So your title is basically stating exactly what 343 is doing.

I agree with everything except what you say with Battlefield. You have to give credit to DICE for putting a lot of new features and hard work into that game. Also, the game plays more like BF2, BC2 and MOH combined.

On Topic: Halo 4 should be Halo 4. Not Halo Reach 2, or Halo 3.5.

> > > > > There are so many things incorrect about this passage I don’t know where to start.
> > > > >
> > > > > Firstly, Halo wasn’t the only FPS that was innovative in the early 2000’s, Operation Flashpoint was also a major hit in 2001. Same with GoldenEye on the N64. Bot games were revolutionary in some way.
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo’s main addition was the perfection of console controls for an FPS.
> > > > >
> > > > > Secondly, if you saw the vidoc, you can easily see that Halo Reach was one of the few games that was actually finished. Whatever Bungie wanted in the game made it, and unlike games such as CE and Halo 2, very little was cut out.
> > > > >
> > > > > Bungie employees also stated that Reach was the dream Halo they were wanting to make for the last ten years. They also stated that the decision to make the game was theirs, and they are truly proud about it.
> > > > >
> > > > > -Please to not state your opinion and make up facts about “Bungie having to cut things out”, and expect everyone to think of it as obvious, or expect everyone to agree with it.
> > > > >
> > > > > A lot of people may not like some of the features of Reach, but it certainly wasn’t rushed.
> > > > > Regarding Halo 4, I think it will be the Halo CE for 343i, in terms of their major introduction to the gaming scene.
> > > > >
> > > > > We shall see.
> > > >
> > > > All game companies will tell their game is better and hide what is wrong, You can easily ask for people who have played Halo CE and they will tell you the game is and was Rushed(Reach) Halo 3 didn’t received that much of complains about the equipment, why? Because they did have the will to make it.
> > > >
> > > > Don’t be absurd, if you played Halo CE enough you will get what I’m talking about. If you didn’t played Halo CE or played it recently you are not in position to comment about Reach being the dream Halo Bungie ever thought.
> > > >
> > > > Yes, Halo wasn’t the only FPS, but if you see from a perspective, it was the only one who
> > > > succeeded and have more than 5 games made on platforms.
> > >
> > > Did you watch Bungie’s ViDoc?
> >
> > Of course, don’t tell me that you actually believe 100% on what they say right?, go watch other companies vi-docs about their games, all of them will conclude with one quote: “Our game is the best game ever made”, don’t get me wrong, but if you make a product you will fight to defend it from critics and people that may harm your product, even MS said Reach… was not great. They defend their product but if the product is really bad at some point you will accept the truth, or make it better next time.
> >
> > Get back on topic, Topic “Halo 4 should be made unique” the other stuff are just info. If you wanna discuss about Reach, please do so on a PM.
>
> I believe what they say about Reach, because unlike what you have stated, they were the most satisfied with Reach. This wasn’t Bungie’s video showing how good all the Halo games were, this video showed most of the trouble, the problems and the community discontent with some of the games, especially Halo 2 and 3. They stated they didn’t finish CE and 2.
>
> However, they were happy with Reach, because they managed to get in what they wanted.
>
> They didn’t state it was the best game, they stated that this was the Halo they always wanted to build. There was not much content left out, unlike games such as CE and Halo 2.

Dude, but Halo 2 is the second most loved Halo game, besides CE, Halo 2 would be a lot better if nothing was cut, but the final product with many things cut, Was and still is being acceptable by the community. In my personal opinion Halo 2 even though was meant to fail but it didn’t, was a great product, with or without the “glitches, or cheats” the game was very balanced. As stated on my reply before, the main topic here is to discuss Halo 4 development, to be unique and not have upgraded features from other companies made into H4.

> > How can you say that Halo isn’t constantly being re-invented?!? Every game had something new and innovative that changed the experience (although for better or worse is a matter of opinion). Fact is, Bungie put a lot of work in their titles to make them better and 343 is doing the same! For CEA, they could’ve just remade it with better graphics and said: “Enjoy!” But they’re adding new elements to a fantastic game to make it better! COD is not doing this (in fact, they have two companies working on this franchise and Treyarch, I’m sorry, but I really hate you for BLOPS) and BF3 plays exactly like BF1 and 2 (I own the first two and have played the Beta). So your title is basically stating exactly what 343 is doing.
>
> I agree with everything except what you say with Battlefield. You have to give credit to DICE for putting a lot of new features and hard work into that game. Also, the game plays more like BF2, BC2 and MOH combined.
>
> On Topic: Halo 4 should be Halo 4. Not Halo Reach 2, or Halo 3.5.

I’ll give DICE credit for not making a new game every year lol. But as for new features, I haven’t noticed any in the Beta. I suppose I should play it more then.

Also, I thougt Halo 3:ODST was Halo 3.5. In fact, I distinctly remember Bungie saying precisely that in an interview. But still, that game was fantastic and I’d love to see another ODST game. Buck is still my favorite Halo Character.

I understand, but I am simply replying to your incorrect statement that Reach was rushed. It wasn’t, as I have multiple sources to back me up.

OT: I think Halo 4 needs some major new features, such as Flood Fight, or Custom Game Searching. Something as revolutionary as Forge, that sets it apart from other games. Also, a major improvement of Forge will be nice.

Forge in Reach was awesome, and hopefully it is better in Halo 4.

> > > How can you say that Halo isn’t constantly being re-invented?!? Every game had something new and innovative that changed the experience (although for better or worse is a matter of opinion). Fact is, Bungie put a lot of work in their titles to make them better and 343 is doing the same! For CEA, they could’ve just remade it with better graphics and said: “Enjoy!” But they’re adding new elements to a fantastic game to make it better! COD is not doing this (in fact, they have two companies working on this franchise and Treyarch, I’m sorry, but I really hate you for BLOPS) and BF3 plays exactly like BF1 and 2 (I own the first two and have played the Beta). So your title is basically stating exactly what 343 is doing.
> >
> > I agree with everything except what you say with Battlefield. You have to give credit to DICE for putting a lot of new features and hard work into that game. Also, the game plays more like BF2, BC2 and MOH combined.
> >
> > On Topic: Halo 4 should be Halo 4. Not Halo Reach 2, or Halo 3.5.
>
> I’ll give DICE credit for not making a new game every year lol. But as for new features, I haven’t noticed any in the Beta. I suppose I should play it more then.
>
> Also, I thougt Halo 3:ODST was Halo 3.5. In fact, I distinctly remember Bungie saying precisely that in an interview. But still, that game was fantastic and I’d love to see another ODST game. Buck is still my favorite Halo Character.

Regarding BF: Squad Spawning is a new feature. The game will also have Battlelog, a Co Op campaign and Battle Recorder.

I wouldn’t mind a sequel to ODST, but when I say Halo 3.5, I mean the multiplayer.

> I understand, but I am simply replying to your incorrect statement that Reach was rushed. It wasn’t, as I have multiple sources to back me up.
>
> OT: I think Halo 4 needs some major new features, such as Flood Fight, or Custom Game Searching. Something as revolutionary as Forge, that sets it apart from other games. Also, a major improvement of Forge will be nice.
>
> Forge in Reach was awesome, and hopefully it is better in Halo 4.

True, Halo Reach forge was the introduction of new stuff for the up-coming titles, see those things are and keep making Halo different.

I agree.