Halo 4 Servers Are Down - Can Still Play

I recieve no message about the servers being down, I can still play online and earn XP, but my Commendations and Challenges are offline and I cannot progress in them.

Commendation Message:
“Cannot earn commendations. The Halo 4 server is unavailable or you chose to remain an offline Spartan.”

Challenges:
“No Campaign/War Games/Spartan Ops challenges are currently available.”

I’ve reset my modem/router/xbox, have unplugged all cables and powered down each individual item twice now, I can still play online and be functioning fully, but the servers seem to not want to connect to me in particular. None of my friends seem to have this problem, as of right now I’m just going to wait it out.

343, fix your -Yoink-.

This happens a lot, you might be in hopper server right now (Back up server). If the servers are down with an hour or so they’ll be down for all your friends as well. This happens to me all the time (I’m on nearly every day) and something goes wrong with the servers and they go under maintenance for while. Just take a break and within a few hours you should be playing again.

> This happens a lot, you might be in hopper server right now (Back up server). If the servers are down with an hour or so they’ll be down for all your friends as well. This happens to me all the time (I’m on nearly every day) and something goes wrong with the servers and they go under maintenance for while. Just take a break and within a few hours you should be playing again.

My cousin that I play on Xbox with lives right down the street from me AND my brother that lives in the same house as me and plays Halo is not having this issue.

So obviously this isn’t an issue on my end.

Actually dude, if your brother in the same house isn’t having this issue, then it absolutely IS on your end. Check your port forwarding, and any other relevant router settings.

If it was from 343i’s end, then it would be coming into your router…ergo, your brother would be sharing the issue. This is an issue between your router and YOUR 360.

> Actually dude, if your brother in the same house isn’t having this issue, then it absolutely IS on your end. Check your port forwarding, and any other relevant router settings.
>
> If it was from 343i’s end, then it would be coming into your router…ergo, your brother would be sharing the issue. This is an issue between your router and YOUR 360.

Okay “dude”, you don’t know my router configuration which me and my brother both connect into then transfer into a 24-port switch then goes into my modem and then out to the WLAN.

My xbox live profile is not being update/connected to 343’s servers, this is a problem on THEIR end, not MINE. I even tried putting my brother’s account on my xbox and his profile loaded and played just fine.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Lol, no need for hostility. I meant no disrespect with my “dude” comment.

As for not knowing what I"m talking about? You are right. A network engineer for the last 15 years, and a network architect for 5 years prior to that…but I don’t know what I’m talking about…you are right. Keep on asking 343 for help with the setup, because they have answered you so quickly. Keep waiting for them to answer, or take the advice of someone who knows what they are talking about, and troubleshoot your end.

Problem still persisting. Please fix this ASAP.

Do you have a strict NAT?

> Do you have a strict NAT?

Nope, I’m actually his cousin and we both have open NAT. This problem just started happening to me today, and is becoming a real annoyance.

I’m sure you have, but just in case, have you tried restarting your xbox? Sometimes works for me in that situation.

> I’m sure you have, but just in case, have you tried restarting your xbox? Sometimes works for me in that situation.

Yes we both have several times. We did all basic things even a few things with the router. This is a problem on 343’s side clearly not ours. I have not even heard about a fix for this problem from 343.

I’ve been getting this for four days straight now. Really irritating!

This is happening to me too I can Play Mutiplsyer and wargames and Spartan Ops but can`t get challenges done and also I commendations ethier and syas I am in
SR-1 but really I am a SR-67 this started happening last night around 8pm and is still thier

I am having this problem too. I am in the halo 4 global championship and none of my games are going through after getting some decent scores. This is really annoying and I can’t play the championship. :frowning: I have 13 games to go before monday and it looks like it won’t happen in time. Please someone find a solution and quick.
:’(