Halo 4 server is unavailable ...

So my online spartan keeps resetting back to SR1. I can still level up but none of my commendations do.

When I go to commendations I get a message saying “Cannot earn commendations. The Halo 4 server is unavailable or you chose to remain an offline Spartan.”

If I dashboard I can play about 1 game before this happens again. It isn’t so bad that I can still level up but I really want to earn the commendations.

Anyone else had this problem? Or is there a known fix?

Perhaps this is 343i attempting to reset everybody’s rank in order to start off equally at launch?

> Perhaps this is 343i attempting to reset everybody’s rank in order to start off equally at launch?

They confirmed that they weren’t going to reset ranks on launch.

And by the way, your service record says your SR-8?

> > Perhaps this is 343i attempting to reset everybody’s rank in order to start off equally at launch?
>
> They confirmed that they weren’t going to reset ranks on launch.

Well, that is kind of… unfair at launch, if the threads proclaiming a very fast progression system are true.

True, but it technically isn’t launch yet right?

> > > Perhaps this is 343i attempting to reset everybody’s rank in order to start off equally at launch?
> >
> > They confirmed that they weren’t going to reset ranks on launch.
>
> Well, that is kind of… unfair at launch, if the threads proclaiming a very fast progression system are true.

We have been over this youll rank up jast as fast its not an issue

Is this a not-so-subtle attempt to rub it in our faces that you have the game early? Shut up.

@toxic it’s launched in some countries legit now.

@x M ii yeah I can rank up but like I said whilst playing it still says I’m rank 1 (I know I’m not). And the commendations don’t go up while it says in rank 1. I have to dashboard for 1 game of the ability to level commendations.

Also my load outs don’t show either when it does this and I’m stuck with default.

[deleted]

Well it seems strange if I’m the only one.
Not sure what to do.

Ill be max level with zero commendations completed. Yay -.-

@rdog in some countries it has released. One more hour of hell and it will be mine! (I live in NZ one of those countries.

[deleted]

I am also having this issue just started occurring yesterday (1/4/13). Shows same error message at commendations screen, specialization will not advance, Customization are not available and Rank display is stuck at SR-1.

Long time Halo Fan please help before I am forced to go back to Reach:(